manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

39 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

And someone on here was moaning about having to pay £6m compo for Elliott.

Yeah but John Henry was banned straight after.

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

And someone on here was moaning about having to pay £6m compo for Elliott.

I was moaning at the fact these transfer commissions always make us pay record or near record fees in these arbritation hearings.

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I was moaning at the fact these transfer commissions always make us pay record or near record fees in these arbritation hearings.

When you get the best players in that system what would you expect?

Were you moaning about the Ings fee?

42 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We make out like bandits when we sell these players, we’re not the ones being ripped off.

Probably already discussed but I was well pissed off we didn’t get upamecano for that price before Tuesday night. 
If kabak gave the ball away that many times people on here would be laying eggs.

• Upvote 5

Elliot has been amazing for Blackburn. If he carries on at this rate we’ll get about £19m for him from Leeds in 2022. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Elliot has been amazing for Blackburn. If he carries on at this rate we’ll get about £19m for him from Leeds in 2022. 

He's certainly got the right haircut for Leeds!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, sir roger said:

I read the Elliott fee was £1.8m upfront and £2.7m in potential payouts dependent on milestones.

With Edwards’ track record, those milestones are probably scoring the first goal on Mars and being chosen as the next actor to play James Bond. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

He's certainly got the right haircut for Leeds!

I saw a recent picture of him in a Blackburn kit with fairly normal barnet , so hopefully the penny has dropped.

13 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Bobby will be go to Dortmund this summer as part of a deal for either Haaland or sancho to come to us.  

Id take that to be honest 

3 minutes ago, andyj said:

Id take that to be honest 

If we only bought one player this summer I’d get that Haaland on lock right now. Everything in his locker this kid and would suit us perfectly for years. Easy to build a team round as he can do the lot. 

Someone posted on here last week that he’s followed him for years and he’s shite. Must have been his dad he was talking about 

32 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Bobby will be go to Dortmund this summer as part of a deal for either Haaland or sancho to come to us.  

Is Ian Ayre running Dortmund now? Why would they do this?

23 minutes ago, Red74 said:

If we only bought one player this summer I’d get that Haaland on lock right now. Everything in his locker this kid and would suit us perfectly for years. Easy to build a team round as he can do the lot. 

Someone posted on here last week that he’s followed him for years and he’s shite. Must have been his dad he was talking about 

He's top drawer but beyond reach of Liverpool now..same with Mbappe...only way sign players like that is Abu Dhabi or Roman take over. 

19 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Probably already discussed but I was well pissed off we didn’t get upamecano for that price before Tuesday night. 
If kabak gave the ball away that many times people on here would be laying eggs.

I'd been talking about him to my dad, oh he thinks its hilarious how shit he was the other night. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Won't happen but Haaland yes, not arsed about Sancho. Can't see the hype at all. 

I still think with the players we have coming back we only need minor squad changes. An attacking option for ox, Shaq and origi and the squad has a whole new perspective.

I reckon if you go through the best 11 in the prem it's still mostly our players.

Alisson 

Trent

Dias 

Van Dijk 

Robbo 

Fabinho

De Bruyne

Cm debatable

Salah 

Kane 

Mane 

So we're still not too bad a team, really

• Upvote 1

My concern with signing players from the Bundesliga is the amount of players that have looked outstanding in that league and then struggled in England in recent years. Off the top of my head there's Werner, Havertz, Haller, Keita, Karius and even Thiago doesn't look as effective.

Sane is an exception to that list, but it seems like players from the Bundesliga do seem to struggle over here more often than not.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

My concern with signing players from the Bundesliga is the amount of players that have looked outstanding in that league and then struggled in England in recent years. Off the top of my head there's Werner, Havertz, Haller, Keita, Karius and even Thiago doesn't look as effective.

Sane is an exception to that list, but it seems like players from the Bundesliga do seem to struggle over here more often than not.

67d692d014c1d243558aebc6f5b226d7.gif

• Upvote 1