Quantcast
Summer 2021 transfer thread. - Page 150 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

It’s worrying we’re not being linked with a forward. We don’t need a centre mid. We have Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Milner, Ox, and Jones for three positions. It’d be idiotic to waste more cash there unless we sell a midfielder. 

Just now, aRdja said:

It’s worrying we’re not being linked with a forward. We don’t need a centre mid. We have Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Milner, Ox for three positions.

Ha Ha very funny

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

It’s worrying we’re not being linked with a forward. We don’t need a centre mid. We have Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Keita, Milner, Ox, and Jones for three positions. It’d be idiotic to waste more cash there unless we sell a midfielder. 

Are you joking? We’ve been linked to about 100 forwards. The club haven’t come out and explicitly said they want X,Y and Z but they never have. The Daka links always looked a bit manufactured, I’m sure we were watching him the same way we’d watch any promising player. 

As far as midfielders go I can see Klopp liking McGinn, he’s got a touch of Milner about him but never at that quoted price. He’s a nice player but the hard working industrious midfielder with a nice bit of technique is fairly easy to come by. If your shopping at our level. We shouldn’t be overpaying. What sort of season did Cantwell have?

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

More hilarity. Decent player McGinn but not for anywhere near £50m.

4D865B0D-5E4F-485B-9253-B2648432CF64.png

You call that hilarity but that's a legit source, whereas you seriously posted a tweet above from "AnfieldKnowledge".

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You call that hilarity but that's a legit source, whereas you seriously posted a tweet above from "AnfieldKnowledge".

Yeah, because serious posts always start with “Hahahahahaha - funny guys”. 

I know the guy is a legit source, I seriously doubt we’ll be spending £50m on McGinn. 

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Yeah i was surprised by that at the time too. Once there were reports of him being shown around uniteds training ground i thought he was nailed on to go there. I guess he chose Dortmund because of playing time. I still think he'll end up at united though which is a shame because he looks like a real talent.

On his social media accounts he seems a big fan of Stevie G. Also chose him over Rooney as favourite player to play alongside. Could be he's not as Manc as his old fella. Got to love a bit of teenage rebellion!

39 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

On his social media accounts he seems a big fan of Stevie G. Also chose him over Rooney as favourite player to play alongside. Could be he's not as Manc as his old fella. Got to love a bit of teenage rebellion!

Brendan Rodgers getting Stevie to call Debbie Alli was one thing but Kloppo coaxing him out of retirement to lure Bellingham would be a bit of a surprise.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

We have 4 top quality forwards in Mane, Firmino, Salah and Jota. If Shaq stays and Harvey Elliott is as good and talented as we hope, we have sufficient cover up front. Ox, Milner and Keita (I still have some small semblance of hope that he'll prove his worth) are not likely to produce anything of note in midfield.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It would appear mcginn is no more than a smokescreen for mbappe. 

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-presented-huge-opportunity-kylian-mbappe-asks-to-leave-psg

And Mbappe is just a smokescreen for *insert young striker from the u18 here who will save the club millions*

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

See Utd have tabled a second bid for Sancho, now £72m.

Disgrace these Glazers not backing managers.

I'm sure their forums are just dudes telling everyone they don't need to replace any aging players and flogging the same squad into the ground season after season is the way to get the most out of them. Any suggestion that they should be in the market for the best young players is met with scorn and the completely unearned self superiority of their bestest poster in the whole wide world - Scott_the_m-anc

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Horus said:

I'm sure their forums are just dudes telling everyone they don't need to replace any aging players and flogging the same squad into the ground season after season is the way to get the most out of them. Any suggestion that they should be in the market for the best young players is met with scorn and the completely unearned self superiority of their bestest poster in the whole wide world - Scott_the_m-anc

A0395FFB-2D4A-4C61-A57F-9D972B9E62F3.gif

1) I’ve never been against signing new players. I’ve repeatedly said we need a refresh.

I’m just not going to throw a tantrum when it doesn’t happen straight away.

I’d rather wait and see what happens and trust the people we have in charge of the club. 

Or I could continue to moan we didn’t sign Werner? 

2) If having a sense of superiority means I follow up words with actions, than I take that as a compliment because pissing and moaning on a forum like a little bitch achieves nothing. 

• Upvote 1

If he was Belgian and his name was Jonny McGinnelmans, you'd all be posting that £50m was a steal. 

I mean, what went wrong the last time we bought a Scottish midfielder who had a decent season or two for a recently promoted team?... 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A0395FFB-2D4A-4C61-A57F-9D972B9E62F3.gif

1) I’ve never been against signing new players. I’ve repeatedly said we need a refresh.

I’m just not going to throw a tantrum when it doesn’t happen straight away.

I’d rather wait and see what happens and trust the people we have in charge of the club. 

Or I could continue to moan we didn’t sign Werner? 

2) If having a sense of superiority means I follow up words with actions, than I take that as a compliment because pissing and moaning on a forum like a little bitch achieves nothing. 

It was a jokey fucking parody, and that gif tells me exactly how serious you really take yourself.

Fuck me - follow up words with actions? Alright John Wick, chill yer boots.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Horus said:

It's fine, we're signing Jack Grealish. Scott's Twitter source said so.

1 minute ago, Horus said:

It was a jokey fucking parody, and that gif tells me exactly how serious you really take yourself.

Fuck me - follow up words with actions? Alright John Wick, chill yer boots.

It didn’t read like a parody, I read as being somewhat cunty. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If he was Belgian and his name was Jonny McGinnelmans, you'd all be posting that £50m was a steal. 

I mean, what went wrong the last time we bought a Scottish midfielder who had a decent season or two for a recently promoted team?... 

Despite the post above from Oct 2019, I reckon £50m is silly money for someone we don’t need.