Quantcast
Summer 2021 transfer thread. - Page 148 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

3CFEC592-3CFE-4F43-A4E7-686C3FC03EBC.gif

It’s quite clearly not those with a different opinion. I’m more than happy to have a reasonable debate with everybody, but you, Daisy & Barry aren’t reasonable, it’s the same boring shite in every single thread - which actually stops reasonable debate happening. 

I’ve said before, youse all have some valid points at times, but it’s mixed up in such other drivel continually going over and over and over the same shite nobody cares. 

I’m not the only one picking up on it now. 

See theres little point in us conversing because you don't wanna know anyway so don't quote me, its utterly pointless.

Stop following peoples posts just ignore them. Problem sorted and you can sleep soundly at night.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Regardless of whether Konate was needed or not, the deal has been  done.  The euros and copa america are in full swing right now so nobody is concluding anything right now and as such most of the media transfer news is click bait. The club no longer feeds xfer info these days and its just way too early for people to be blowing up over perceived lack of movement.

No one is blowing up over anything. Its exactly as it always is with us, quiet but with the same noises coming out of the club.

I did say I hope it changes and it may well do, but I also won't be surprised if we do little to no business as that has been the norm for a while.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe you should read your own posts. You sound like my bird when I have stayed in the pub too long.

What difference would reading my own posts make ?  Don't get that one at all.

If you let a woman dictate how long you stay in the pub there's a big difference between you and me.

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Shaqiri is the definition of a luxury player. We've used him how he should be used; Sporadically. It's not possible to play that kind of player consistently in a top, top side, nowadays. 

Is correct. Look at how it went for Stoke when he was the main man and performing probably his best level of club football. Obviously it would have been far worse for them that season if he wasn’t there but at our level he’s the sort of player who gets better the more he doesn’t play.

2 hours ago, m0e said:

That's when we were playing 4231 to get Fabinho settled, and Shaq was in the 10. That's his best position.

For the Swiss, he's the main man, and everything goes through him. He gets more space than he does at Liverpool, because he doesn't need to defend, and teams don't ever sit deep against the Swiss.

What he does for them has absolutely nothing to do with what he needs to do for us.

Our system will never get the best out of him. He's not good enough to replace Salah and Mane, and doesn't do enough in midfield.

He's had plenty of opportunities to prove otherwise.

His best performances last season were in the Firmino role when Jota was out 

He was  a ‘buy to flip’ player the same as Minamino and Ben Davies in my opinion. 

Although not suited to Klopp’s way of playing they were cheap to buy compared to their actual value, if they worked out and surprise everyone then great but if not we make a profit on them and help the books for FFP. 

I don’t really have a problem with the club doing it as long as the players are also in on it and not being fucked over. 

What I do have a problem with is when they’re not sold once it’s proven they’re not of the required standard/completely unsuitable to how we play and aren’t replaced. 

We then end up with players clogging up squad places when we need that cash for other purchases. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He was  a ‘buy to flip’ player the same as Minamino and Ben Davies in my opinion. 

Although not suited to Klopp’s way of playing they were cheap to buy compared to their actual value, if they worked out and surprise everyone then great but if not we make a profit on them and help the books for FFP. 

I don’t really have a problem with the club doing it as long as the players are also in on it and not being fucked over. 

What I do have a problem with is when they’re not sold once it’s proven they’re not of the required standard/completely unsuitable to how we play and aren’t replaced. 

We then end up with players clogging up squad places when we need that cash for other purchases. 

Excellent post. Matip falls into this category for me to for slightly different reasons. Should have got rid years ago. Cracking player, terrible athlete.

17 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Although not suited to Klopp’s way of playing they were cheap to buy compared to their actual value

Spot on here

11 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Excellent post. Matip falls into this category for me to for slightly different reasons. Should have got rid years ago. Cracking player, terrible athlete.

Don't think we planned to flip him or we would have.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Spot on here

Don't think we planned to flip him or we would have.

Matip was a value player I reckon, not known about and way under market value. 

Ability wise he’s great - pity he makes Harry Kewell look like Iron Man. 

• Upvote 1

I don't agree we've signed players to "flip".

I do think we've signed players who are perceived as bargains so won't lose their value. For example, at £13m or whatever, Shaq was under valued. If he does well for us, then great. If he doesn't, we're unlikely to get less than the £13m back.

I don't see whats wrong with it myself. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I don't agree we've signed players to "flip".

If we have we are not doing a good job. The fellas been glued to the bench cashing a check week in and week out.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If we have we are not doing a good job. The fellas been glued to the bench cashing a check week in and week out.

Agreed, however clubs posting losses across the board, unable to sign out unwanted players doesn't help.

I don't think we're the only club in this position though.

An alternative view on Shaq, Ox, Keita etc is when they were all largely fit, we got 97 & 99 points and won the European Cup!

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

An alternative view on Shaq, Ox, Keita etc  Vvd, Gomez, Matip is when they were all largely fit, we got 97 & 99 points and won the European Cup!

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Also true. 

I do think we need a bit of a refresh. I'd like another midfielder and attacker who'll challenge for a starting position straight away, but I'd understand if we didn't.

The way some of these players are being talked about is like they are Voronin or Kronkamp or Jovanovic. 

I'm not going to put any stock in some of the Echo reports or whoever. They both denied we were seriously after Alisson & Thiago minutes before we announced them. I think it's far more level headed just to wait and see how things pan out instead of posters losing their shit over Neco Williams leaving or whatever.

17 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Apparently we want £15m for Big Nat with Brighton and Burnley interested. Also Schalke might be looking to sell Kabak at a knock down fee because they can’t afford his wages.

I read that as well.

I don't think anybody could argue with we sold Phillips, signed Kabak and made a profit.

Although, I suspect, the Kabak boat has sailed.

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I read that as well.

I don't think anybody could argue with we sold Phillips, signed Kabak and made a profit.

Although, I suspect, the Kabak boat has sailed.

Yeah, I suspect Klopp see’s something in Williams and wants to develop him but it would certainly be shrewd.

Seeing links to Tielemans again but this time with an Italian source so even more likely to be bollocks. I can definitely see us being interested but by the time we’ve raised the funds they’ll have sold Maddison and won’t be in any rush to sell any other top players.

I saw the link to Gravenberch a couple of weeks ago and he looks like a fine footballer but if we were actually considering stealing a march on our rivals by leaving him at Ajax for a year we should consider the same option with Bellingham. 

I don't think there's any chance of that with Bellingham. Dortmund will be sure they can get big money on him in time, doubt they'd be looking at that now.

Shame as he's class. 

5 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I saw the link to Gravenberch a couple of weeks ago and he looks like a fine footballer but if we were actually considering stealing a march on our rivals by leaving him at Ajax for a year we should consider the same option with Bellingham. 

I'd be up for that - I like them both to be honest. But Bellingham looks really good. I do like Baumgartner as well - he looks a versatile attacking player ideal for us. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don't think there's any chance of that with Bellingham. Dortmund will be sure they can get big money on him in time, doubt they'd be looking at that now.

Shame as he's class. 

Yeah I’m not talking about us saving money I’m meaning that we can position ourselves to the front of the queue. Doubt we’ll spend that kind of money though. Gravenberch looks like he could be Kloppo’s dream midfielder though.

6 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

From the limited amount of the two players that I've seen, I think Bellingham looks are more rounded player already than Gravenberch, who in my limited times seeing, still looks a bit raw.

If the rumours are true that he wants another season at Ajax, I think that could be a good move. Let him grow in stature via playing for a title chasing side and CL side before coming to us.