Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t get upset about the thought of losing Neco Williams. He had a couple of decent league cup games initially, but I think he’s been a serious weak link in few games he played last season. 
 

The 2 away games against Brighton, he was really poor. Really poor at Lincoln as well. 
 

Maybe he’s just not kicked on as would hoped?

 

He can't even get a game for Wales ahead of the Swansea and Bournemouth full backs. 

 

Although he's only 20, he's a long long way behind TAA. If he wants to play regularly, then he needs to move on. I can't see anyone paying 10 million for him though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gomez and matip are unreliable and fucked. Get them fit or as fit as possible and get rid of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the point about Williams being a capable back up but in today's game you need to be playing regular games around 20 to have any hope of developing into a top player and ideally want to be playing at your preferred level by 24-25 at the latest. He's in direct competition with TAA and I've seen nothing to suggest he's taking it off of him anytime within the next 3-4 years which means it's probably best for all parties if he moves on. Back ups in this day an age tend to be journeymen who're happy being in the top level but not consistently starting and older players who're likely on their final contract/came on a free. The exception of course is when you're phasing out an older player. If Trent was 28 or older it would make perfect sense to keep Williams around but as it is he needs to start playing regularly to see if he develops and therefore should be moved on for the right price. No doubt if we honestly rate him highly we'll have a buyback clause in the transfer agreement anyway.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You said what’s the point “even if he was good” 

Yes, because even if he was good, he'd want to leave. As it is, he's not good and he wants to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with Williams is that Trent is 21. He ain't going anywhere for 10 years. 

 

It is a bit of a pisser about Hoever - as I think he would have been ideal last season and would play and offer cover for a few positions. We went with Neko and he now wants off. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neco will have a decent PL career. He's a good player, if he was coming through when Clyne was on the wane he may well have had a career here. He's right to look to move, this isn't a situation that could change in 12 months, the position he plays is occupied until 2032.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

Neco will have a decent PL career. He's a good player, if he was coming through when Clyne was on the wane he may well have had a career here. He's right to look to move, this isn't a situation that could change in 12 months, the position he plays is occupied until 2032.

I don't know if he's quite that good. However, the only reason I would be selling is if he wants to go to get games - which is fair enough as he's never getting a game ahead of Trent unless Trent is injured or needs a break. He seems reasonably solid if underwhelming and I am sure if we'd have had centre backs last season Trent would have got a little more rest (and not rushed back from injury as quickly). We have a couple more players who can also fill in there so if Trent is out for a while and he's exposed we can change it up a little.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn’t look like a natural defender Neco, but his attacking qualities aren’t fantastic either at the moment. I really think leaving Liverpool would be the best career decision for him. We do need to bring in cover though. My number one choice would’ve been James Justin from Leicester, but he done his ACL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Obvious on 600 odd minutes of which tbe vast majority have been in second string teams or the odd 10 mins off the bench. He's just turned 20 most defenders are miles off at that age. 

And what a 600 minutes it was...

 

tenor (14).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Echo now also saying no replacements for Shaqiri, Wilson and Origi

Did you have a cry wank over that or an angry wank ?

It gives a clue to your mentality, peddling daily stories from that rag on here and it's clear you believe every bit of it.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Did you have a cry wank over that or an angry wank ?

It gives a clue to your mentality, peddling daily stories from that rag on here and it's clear you believe every bit of it.

 

It's clear you get very angry when the owners are shown up to be utter cunts. Weird

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Did you have a cry wank over that or an angry wank ?

It gives a clue to your mentality, peddling daily stories from that rag on here and it's clear you believe every bit of it.

 

This is a transfer speculation thread, it doesn't seem extreme to post reports from the local paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's clear you get very angry when the owners are shown up to be utter cunts. Weird

Again it shows your mentality if you think it makes me angry.  It's really quite simple, you're an absolute twat and at times I like to highlight that fact.  You must spend your days trawling the 'net for stuff to be negative about on here.

Tell us the one about Salah being a shit Chelsea reject again, that's always good for a crack.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is a transfer speculation thread, it doesn't seem extreme to post reports from the local paper. 

Depends on who it's from and what they're trying to achieve.

Do you seriously think this clart is simply trying to be informative knowing his anti FSG stance ?

Or are you sympathetic to his rantings ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

Depends on who it's from and what they're trying to achieve.

Do you seriously think this clart is simply trying to be informative knowing his anti FSG stance ?

Or are you sympathetic to his rantings ?

You're the only one who is ranting knob head 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Depends on who it's from and what they're trying to achieve.

Do you seriously think this clart is simply trying to be informative knowing his anti FSG stance ?

Or are you sympathetic to his rantings ?

It's just a story. I put loads from the echo on here, including the shite they say like "real Madrid open the door to LFC move for mbappe". It's a fucking transfer speculation thread, which is why it's thousands of posts long and not just 3 posts saying "spiffing, the paper of record has declared Konate is now an LFC player, but it's behind a paywall".

 

It seems to me your issue is because the echo are saying something potentially negative, hence your "rag" comment, which I would prefer was saved for one specific paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barrington Womble said:

It's just a story. I put loads from the echo on here, including the shite they say like "real Madrid open the door to LFC move for mbappe". It's a fucking transfer speculation thread, which is why it's thousands of posts long and not just 3 posts saying "spiffing, the paper of record has declared Konate is now an LFC player, but it's behind a paywall".

 

It seems to me you're issue is because the echo are saying something potentially negative, hence your "rag" comment, which I would prefer was saved for one specific paper. 

They're all rags to me, they all print shite to stay alive.

It's down to the context, and it's clear how this twat uses that context when he posts. 

And as for my issue - what issue ?  Calling out a twat for being a twat isn't an issue to me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You're the only one who is ranting knob head 

That's a rant to you ?

My, you're easily impressed.  No surprise with that though.

Anyway, back to Salah being a shite Chelsea reject.  How did that work for ya ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

They're all rags to me, they all print shite to stay alive.

It's down to the context, and it's clear how this twat uses that context when he posts. 

And as for my issue - what issue ?  Calling out a twat for being a twat isn't an issue to me.

Here's a message for you as you clearly seem to be fuming. This thread will be full of lots of speculation. Some of it will say "there'll be no more players coming in". Some will link us with mbappe, haaland and kane. Some people may post things that are more attuned with their expectations of the summer. Some people will only post wild mental speculation that seems fun to imagine to them. Some people will post just anything they trip upon, this is where you put speculation. But if they're all rags in your opinion, you may find your blood pressure will have a greater level of normality if you stay clear of this thread. Because of course I expect you to be as angry at the next mbappe story in a "rag". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Here's a message for you as you clearly seem to be fuming. This thread will be full of lots of speculation. Some of it will say "there'll be no more players coming in". Some will link us with mbappe, haaland and kane. Some people may post things that are more attuned with their expectations of the summer. Some people will only post wild mental speculation that seems fun to imagine to them. Some people will post just anything they trip upon, this is where you put speculation. But if they're all rags in your opinion, you may find your blood pressure will have a greater level of normality if you stay clear of this thread. Because of course I expect you to be as angry at the next mbappe story in a "rag". 

I'm not sure how you see me as fuming or angry.  I'm sitting here amused at it all.  I'm not even surprised that you leapt to his defence considering your own recent anti FSG tirade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I'm not sure how you see me as fuming or angry.  I'm sitting here amused at it all.  I'm not even surprised that you leapt to his defence considering your own recent anti FSG tirade. 

You sure do come across as an angry little man. Well whenever someone criticises FSG anyway. 

 

That's quite surprising after the last year. There are further reports this morning that they have no intention of recruiting any attacking players at all this summer. 

 

Guessing you are amused at that too? 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

You sure do come across as an angry little man. Well whenever someone criticises FSG anyway. 

 

That's quite surprising after the last year. There are further reports this morning that they have no intention of recruiting any attacking players at all this summer. 

 

Guessing you are amused at that too? 

 

I am completely ambivalent about it.  And I'm the same way about FSG.

You want me to get upset about speculation, bullshit rumours posted in papers desperate for clicks or sales ?

Not my scene.  I leave the hand wringing to you.

If you want to base your mood for the day on shite rumours you read about the club, that's down to you.

More fool you for lapping it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×