You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

What would be the point with Neco anyway? Even if he was good, Trent is our right back. 

There is no point.  If he's any good when/if we sell him they'll be a buy back clause.  I bet we never take up the option.

31 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Some fans writing off Neco at this point is fucking nuts. Expecting a young lad to come in once every few months and just turn it on is crazy. Many experienced pros find it hard with no rhythm to perform. He may not prove good enough but judging a lad just turned 20 on the back of 4 or 5 starts is absolute bollocks. If we weren't desperate to find cash for transfers yiu loan the lad out. But the penny pinching means you sell

I’ve seen him hooked at half time more than other player and he’s played about ten times.

Sell him or not, we’ve fuck all cover there.  Just like the last few years.  

Neco can be a back up to trent and it wouldn't be wise to let him go. He's a good young player and would probably be OK waiting on the bench. As we can't afford to have multi million pounds players sitting on the bench like City and some other teams have we need cheaper cover. 

Gini going will leave a massive hole in midfield, his work rate and quality can't be matched by any of the others. Jones is hot and cold until he's given a longer run of games. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

You need backup but you don't need backup in the form of an until further notice crap youngster who will want more games than we can offer him. 

You said what’s the point “even if he was good” 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah who needs back up eh. We managed 3rd with hardly any last season fuck it. 

That is a fair point. But they are not arguing that they don't have cover - just it will be Boyes, Milner or Gomez! 

47 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I can’t get upset about the thought of losing Neco Williams. He had a couple of decent league cup games initially, but I think he’s been a serious weak link in few games he played last season. 

The 2 away games against Brighton, he was really poor. Really poor at Lincoln as well. 

Maybe he’s just not kicked on as would hoped?

He can't even get a game for Wales ahead of the Swansea and Bournemouth full backs. 

Although he's only 20, he's a long long way behind TAA. If he wants to play regularly, then he needs to move on. I can't see anyone paying 10 million for him though!

I get the point about Williams being a capable back up but in today's game you need to be playing regular games around 20 to have any hope of developing into a top player and ideally want to be playing at your preferred level by 24-25 at the latest. He's in direct competition with TAA and I've seen nothing to suggest he's taking it off of him anytime within the next 3-4 years which means it's probably best for all parties if he moves on. Back ups in this day an age tend to be journeymen who're happy being in the top level but not consistently starting and older players who're likely on their final contract/came on a free. The exception of course is when you're phasing out an older player. If Trent was 28 or older it would make perfect sense to keep Williams around but as it is he needs to start playing regularly to see if he develops and therefore should be moved on for the right price. No doubt if we honestly rate him highly we'll have a buyback clause in the transfer agreement anyway.

• Upvote 1

The problem with Williams is that Trent is 21. He ain't going anywhere for 10 years. 

It is a bit of a pisser about Hoever - as I think he would have been ideal last season and would play and offer cover for a few positions. We went with Neko and he now wants off. 

• Upvote 1

Neco will have a decent PL career. He's a good player, if he was coming through when Clyne was on the wane he may well have had a career here. He's right to look to move, this isn't a situation that could change in 12 months, the position he plays is occupied until 2032.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Neco will have a decent PL career. He's a good player, if he was coming through when Clyne was on the wane he may well have had a career here. He's right to look to move, this isn't a situation that could change in 12 months, the position he plays is occupied until 2032.

I don't know if he's quite that good. However, the only reason I would be selling is if he wants to go to get games - which is fair enough as he's never getting a game ahead of Trent unless Trent is injured or needs a break. He seems reasonably solid if underwhelming and I am sure if we'd have had centre backs last season Trent would have got a little more rest (and not rushed back from injury as quickly). We have a couple more players who can also fill in there so if Trent is out for a while and he's exposed we can change it up a little.  

He doesn’t look like a natural defender Neco, but his attacking qualities aren’t fantastic either at the moment. I really think leaving Liverpool would be the best career decision for him. We do need to bring in cover though. My number one choice would’ve been James Justin from Leicester, but he done his ACL.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Obvious on 600 odd minutes of which tbe vast majority have been in second string teams or the odd 10 mins off the bench. He's just turned 20 most defenders are miles off at that age. 

And what a 600 minutes it was...

tenor (14).gif

17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Echo now also saying no replacements for Shaqiri, Wilson and Origi

Did you have a cry wank over that or an angry wank ?

It gives a clue to your mentality, peddling daily stories from that rag on here and it's clear you believe every bit of it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Did you have a cry wank over that or an angry wank ?

It gives a clue to your mentality, peddling daily stories from that rag on here and it's clear you believe every bit of it.

It's clear you get very angry when the owners are shown up to be utter cunts. Weird

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's clear you get very angry when the owners are shown up to be utter cunts. Weird

Again it shows your mentality if you think it makes me angry.  It's really quite simple, you're an absolute twat and at times I like to highlight that fact.  You must spend your days trawling the 'net for stuff to be negative about on here.

Tell us the one about Salah being a shit Chelsea reject again, that's always good for a crack.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is a transfer speculation thread, it doesn't seem extreme to post reports from the local paper. 

Depends on who it's from and what they're trying to achieve.

Do you seriously think this clart is simply trying to be informative knowing his anti FSG stance ?

Or are you sympathetic to his rantings ?

• Upvote 1