Quantcast
Summer 2021 transfer thread. - Page 140 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Just now, Remmie said:

Are people really saying Daka must be shit because Minamino is? Who did Minamino used to play with? Clue: a big ugly Norwegian kid. 

I hate this stupid superstitious shit. Same with Italian players. 

Who said that

My point is purely that in European football Daka has not produced goals like he has in a shit league. Miamino has a better svoring record in Europe than him. Does it mean he will be a failure no, is 30ml a risk on a lad that hasn't been finding the net in anything but a 3rd rate league of course it is. 

The Dutch and French leagues are a far higher level and plenty have failed to get the goals they scored there. 

He's young,maybe good enough maybe not. 

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not sure judging a player by his record in Europe is a great measure when the side he plays for are a European minnow.

Its not perfect but its the best level of competition he's played against. And again im not saying he is shit but £30ml is a bit fee for a unproven player

In better news, I see that the Mancs are negotiating with Atletico Madrid for Kieran Trippier. For £35m!

I know they have basically unlimited money, but we had better hope they never get smart. The only way we're going to be able to continue to finish ahead of them is if they keep buying 30 year olds for huge money (in a position where they already have a pretty good player, actually!).

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Its not perfect but its the best level of competition he's played against. And again im not saying he is shit but £30ml is a bit fee for a unproven player

Yeah but he is hardly going to be getting loads of chances in a side who are 3rd or 4th best in their group.

I suppose we will see how good he is when he steps up to the PL.

My own view is he could be very decent - but we should probably be looking higher anyway....these kind of signings are interesting as of course so much is unknown, my gut feeling from the little i have seen is he could turn out to be very decent.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah but he is hardly going to be getting loads of chances in a side who are 3rd or 4th best in their group.

My own view is he could be very decent - but we should probably be looking higher anyway....these kind of signings are interesting as of course so much is unknown, my gut feeling from the little i have seen is he could turn out to be very decent.

Of course he could be decent, but there's just no proof of it at the highest level. So you're betting only on potential which is the really tough part of scouting. 

32 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Are people really saying Daka must be shit because Minamino is? Who did Minamino used to play with? Clue: a big ugly Norwegian kid. 

I hate this stupid superstitious shit. Same with Italian players. 

I think it’s much fairer to compare him to Minamino, a player of similar physicality and position than it is to a generational talent. We didn’t sign Mane when he left them either, if Daka is any good we’ll pay double when we know what we’re getting for our money.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Of course he could be decent, but there's just no proof of it at the highest level. So you're betting only on potential which is the really tough part of scouting. 

The original point at hand was that using his performance at the 'highest level' as a barometer is not really very good and does not tell us anything especially useful really, given he plays for a minnow in that competition.

But yes i make you right about betting on potential - suppose at 30m that is about the going rate these days...maybe a touch rich, but about the rate.

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Agree but you've just had Miamino,Haaland and Hwang Hee-chan have all recently moved from Salzburg all with better scoring records in European competition and both Miamino and Hwang haven't stepped up yet. All three cost far less aswell in fact combined the three cost around £35ml amd Daka rumoured fee is around £30. All three managed goals for the minnows in big competition 

As i said the lad may turn out brilliant but its 50/50 at the moments and we dont really play with a similar player, whoever we buy will need to be able to link up with the others and do lots of tracking and pressing. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Agree but you've just had Miamino,Haaland and Hwang Hee-chan have all recently moved from Salzburg all with better scoring records in European competition and both Miamino and Hwang haven't stepped up yet. All three cost far less aswell in fact combined the three cost around £35ml amd Daka rumoured fee is around £30. All three managed goals for the minnows in big competition 

As i said the lad may turn out brilliant but its 50/50 at the moments and we dont really play with a similar player, whoever we buy will need to be able to link up with the others and do lots of tracking and pressing. 

Not sure we will buy a forward anyway!

Just now, an tha said:

Not sure we will buy a forward anyway!

Depends on Elliot i think. 

And with the ACON meaning that Salah and Mane for 2 games i wouldn't be shocked if we didn't 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Depends on Elliot i think. 

And with the ACON meaning that Salah and Mane for 2 games i wouldn't be shocked if we didn't 

I'd like to think we will yeah

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

In a normal summer, I think we'd be able to shift Shaqiri, Origi, Wilson etc and put the cash towards a forward. Don't think it'll happen this year.

We'll be able to shift them we just won't get the money we'd hope to get during normal times.

44 minutes ago, an tha said:

The original point at hand was that using his performance at the 'highest level' as a barometer is not really very good and does not tell us anything especially useful really, given he plays for a minnow in that competition.

But yes i make you right about betting on potential - suppose at 30m that is about the going rate these days...maybe a touch rich, but about the rate.

OK, but if you're Liverpool, what are you basing his scouting report on then? That he scores loads of goals in Austria and runs fast? Ok, great. Bit tenuous, though.

Fair play on Leicester taking that risk, as I say they often get it right. We have no reason  to take that risk, though.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

OK, but if you're Liverpool, what are you basing his scouting report on then? That he scores loads of goals in Austria and runs fast? Ok, great. Bit tenuous, though.

Fair play on Leicester taking that risk, as I say they often get it right. We have no reason  to take that risk, though.

I'd imagine they'd look at the bigger sample of his league performances more closely than his games in Europe (i am sure they'd look at Europe too, but weight it less) and run his performances into the metrics they look for and measure - its all very performance stat based isn't it and of course style of play and whether that will be compatible with how we want to play.

As we have agreed there are a lot of unknowns with this lad, and that is i'd imagine why we haven't gone in for him - all i was saying was the Europe thing seemed to be being used as a stick to beat the lad with and for me it didn't feel totally right.

24 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Wasn't his fee a lot less when he was linked with us? 

17ml was mentioned a few weeks back but it was all the usual twatter lots blowing out shite, the talk now is 30ml

So 10ml more than they got for Haaland and Dominik Szoboszlai

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I think it’s much fairer to compare him to Minamino, a player of similar physicality and position than it is to a generational talent. We didn’t sign Mane when he left them either, if Daka is any good we’ll pay double when we know what we’re getting for our money.

Bingo

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

In better news, I see that the Mancs are negotiating with Atletico Madrid for Kieran Trippier. For £35m!

I know they have basically unlimited money, but we had better hope they never get smart. The only way we're going to be able to continue to finish ahead of them is if they keep buying 30 year olds for huge money (in a position where they already have a pretty good player, actually!).

They needed someone to fill the silly money gap left by Sanchez.