You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

You only have to watch Villa to see that Mings is the more dominant defender of the two. 

Mings is a penalty box defender

Move him into space and he's shite

Konza has just turned 23 so of course he doesn't run the back 4. 

Not that I'm sure he's good enough 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And how are you paying his wages? We'd need to sell half the squad. And he'd only block the path of Fidel O'Rourke to the 1st team. 

Not me mate. I’m posing the question to Bjornebye. Unless he thinks Mo is valued equally. It’s just getting fucking ridiculous for these ‘top’ players now. Liverpool have broken the transfer period in other eras, but we’ve always had a good eye for young talent coming through as well.

16 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Mbappe’s fee set at 173 million quid, I see.

So Salah and who else?

Ha, that's basically out of reach for everyone bar City.  It really does depend on what happens now with FFP, is it now abandoned following Covid?  There's a good argument it should be, let the big clubs inject some cash into the market. 

Really interesting summer coming up, loads of big ticket players in the window, every club needs money, but players in general are on big contracts which they probably wont see replicated until fans are back.  

Everyone has a price.  Mane and Salah are no different, but I don't see where Barca and Madrid get the money unless they sell a lot of players.  Hazard, Coutinho, Kroos, Isco, Dembele, Griezmann, Messi, all on the table. Madrid can't give Bale away at this point.  Loads too old to sell for big fees but still take big wages.  

16 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ha, that's basically out of reach for everyone bar City.  It really does depend on what happens now with FFP, is it now abandoned following Covid?  There's a good argument it should be, let the big clubs inject some cash into the market. 

Really interesting summer coming up, loads of big ticket players in the window, every club needs money, but players in general are on big contracts which they probably wont see replicated until fans are back.  

Everyone has a price.  Mane and Salah are no different, but I don't see where Barca and Madrid get the money unless they sell a lot of players.  Hazard, Coutinho, Kroos, Isco, Dembele, Griezmann, Messi, all on the table. Madrid can't give Bale away at this point.  Loads too old to sell for big fees but still take big wages.  

Ffp just got restructured over 2 years instead of the usual one. I suspect as stadia have been empty for so long, that could like be extended again. It doesn't mean anyone can run wild though, at some point the numbers have to add up. The problem is as we've seen, uefa won't win any ffp battle with city. 

55 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Is it possible we might see renewed contracts at reduced salaries as the players work it out that everybody is unaffordable under current conditions? Christ I mean even central banks are in negative interest rates.

I think if he chose us the owners would sanction it.

It's not like buying our 3rd- or 4th-choice centre back in a January window when no one wants to sell and there are no can't-miss options. Mbappe is as near as they come to a can't-miss prospect. Edwards would be able to tell them that they can buy him for 170m now, pay him 400k/week for 4 years, and then sell him to Real Madrid for the same fee or more when he's 26.  He's the only player in world football you could buy for that amount and still be very confident you'd get it back when you sold him in a few seasons.

You're basically paying 20m/season in wages and counting his fee as an investment. You'd certainly have to sell Salah or Mane to do it, just to make the books balance in terms of the fee, but I think the owners would sanction it, personally. They have coughed up for huge money in the past when it's a can't-miss prospect (van Dijk, for example). They've only been reluctant when there's doubt about the player or there's another option almost as good just behind him (moving from Sarr to Jota this summer, for example, if rumour is to be believed).

The problem is that I don't think Mbappe will choose us. I think he'll want a move to Madrid right away and be the best player in the world for the next 10 years there.

23 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

It's not like buying our 3rd- or 4th-choice centre back in a January window when no one wants to sell and there are no can't-miss options. Mbappe is as near as they come to a can't-miss prospect. Edwards would be able to tell them that they can buy him for 170m now, pay him 400k/week for 4 years, and then sell him to Real Madrid for the same fee or more when he's 26.  He's the only player in world football you could buy for that amount and still be very confident you'd get it back when you sold him in a few seasons.

You're basically paying 20m/season in wages and counting his fee as an investment. You'd certainly have to sell Salah or Mane to do it, just to make the books balance in terms of the fee, but I think the owners would sanction it, personally. They have coughed up for huge money in the past when it's a can't-miss prospect (van Dijk, for example). They've only been reluctant when there's doubt about the player or there's another option almost as good just behind him (moving from Sarr to Jota this summer, for example, if rumour is to be believed).

The problem is that I don't think Mbappe will choose us. I think he'll want a move to Madrid right away and be the best player in the world for the next 10 years there.

I don’t like the idea of selling any of the front free considering the current bench.

44 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yup, we'd definitely double the wage bill for one player. 

Is it any wonder papers keep pushing this nonsense when so many muppets live on fantasy land? 

It's impossible signing, always has been and always will be. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Mbappe already earns near 400k per week. Why do you think he wouldn't want a pay rise? 

It's a good job you think he'll choose Madrid anyway, there'll be huge sighs of relief in Boston after the pressure you put on them there to get the job done. The echo have made notes for their summer exclusive "FSG had found the money to make Anfield his destination after years of cautious spending, when a last minute U turn saw the French star pick Madrid". And then the forum will be full of speculation who we'll buy with the mbappe money - the money was there after all. 

• Upvote 1