You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

It’s a bit of a step from La Liga mid table club to a Premier League top 4 team, but he’s still young and he’s got pace. I’m open to this.

19 seconds in

Shite freekick that clips the wall, only goes in because of the deflection

2nd goal

Scuffs a volley

3rd goal

Does his best to miss, nearly picks out the keeper with the whole goal to aim at

I'm sure we got linked to him while he was still in Sweden but he chose Dortmund

He looks good but still a bit raw at times and his touch can be iffy, but looks like he could start out on the right at times if needed and he is still really young. Going to cost a fortune though so don't see it,especially if he has a good euros. 60ml euro buy out apparently

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

19 seconds in

Shite freekick that clips the wall, only goes in because of the deflection

2nd goal

Scuffs a volley

3rd goal

Does his best to miss, nearly picks out the keeper with the whole goal to aim at

Haha, that's what I was thinking - a few iffy finishes in there.  Looks like he has decent touch for a big man though.

14 hours ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

40m for Trippier?????????

He's nearly 31. I take it they aren't looking to sell.

Not that he’s a fantastic player & that he’s a game changer but I don’t like the way fans in general fans have become conditioned to think about signing players and having to have a sell on value as well for them is important. 

The mancs signed VanPeirse with the plan to win the league immediately which they did sometimes regardless of age it’s worth spending big on a player even if theyre 29-30. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

Not that he’s a fantastic player & that he’s a game changer but I don’t like the way fans in general fans have become conditioned to think about signing players and having to have a sell on value as well for them is important. 

The mancs signed VanPeirse with the plan to win the league immediately which they did sometimes regardless of age it’s worth spending big on a player even if theyre 29-30. 

The FSG indoctrination is working 

Arsenal 'take out loan' which could help fund ambitious £130m triple transfer spree

Mikel Arteta has been honest that this window is a pivotal one for his project at Arsenal and is confident the club's owners will back him accordingly

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-take-out-loan-could-24336817

I wish our owners took out a loan to buy players, that is really good business sense. 

2 hours ago, Jockey said:

Arsenal 'take out loan' which could help fund ambitious £130m triple transfer spree

Mikel Arteta has been honest that this window is a pivotal one for his project at Arsenal and is confident the club's owners will back him accordingly

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-take-out-loan-could-24336817

I wish our owners took out a loan to buy players, that is really good business sense. 

Surely you jest? Loans have to be paid back with interest. I dont know how profitable arsenal are but that loan represent's 3 years of Liverpool's pre pandemic profits to repay.

6 hours ago, Mark M said:

Do we actually do that anymore? Moneyball signings appear to be consigned to the distant past. Our most recent signing had no sell on value, our most expensive signing wasn't at an age where there could be any intention of making a profit on him. Klopp more than any other manager appears quite happy to let players honour the final year of their contracts. He's let Gini, Can, Sturridge, Moreno and Lalanna walk for free, if the policy was to have a sell on value all.5 would have been sold the summer prior. Even Mingolet and Lovren were let go because they wanted to go rather than us looking to get rid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Surely you jest? Loans have to be paid back with interest. I dont know how profitable arsenal are but that loan represent's 3 years of Liverpool's pre pandemic profits to repay.

I don't know mate - seems a great way to do business that! I can't possibly think what could go wrong with that tactic. 

It is a ridiculous way to do business isn't it? What has happened to Arsenal?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I don't know mate - seems a great way to do business that! I can't possibly think what could go wrong with that tactic. 

It is a ridiculous way to do business isn't it? What has happened to Arsenal?

Their owners have started showing some ambition and realised if they don't act now they will fall even further behind? 

41 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Their owners have started showing some ambition and realised if they don't act now they will fall even further behind? 

Yes, let's give props to Stan Kroenke for spending a little money to try not to finish about 7th for the 5th straight year. Huge ambition. Aspirational.

6 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Where the fuck do Arsenal have 40 million to offer for Ben White. Thought they were poorer off than us.

They are poorer off than us. We could have a gajillion bajillion pounds in the bank and we'd still be selling to buy.

• Upvote 2