Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I think Oxlade count against the homegrown quota, so perhaps that is a small justification there? Keita doesn’t even have that…

And to be faiir he was fit for every squad bar one from December onwards last season ,  just not getting starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My arl fella made the mistake of buying one. It was 2 years old with 11,000 miles on the clock.

It was the worst car he ever had, problem after problem, an absolute nightmare. 

He took a hit on it and got shut within a year.

Terrible car.

Enough of these crocks.

 

I also understand that Klopp is ambivalent as he's excited about some of the younger electric cars coming through and doesn't want them sitting idly in the forecourt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My arl fella made the mistake of buying one. It was 2 years old with 11,000 miles on the clock.

It was the worst car he ever had, problem after problem, an absolute nightmare. 

He took a hit on it and got shut within a year.

Terrible car.

 

The Germans and the Japanese didn't kill the British car industry it was a lot of self inflicted wounds.

 

In 1968 BMW brought out the E9 Coupe.

 

 

 

BMWE9CSc.jpg

 

Silky smooth powerful 6 cylinder engine, suspension that actually worked and electric windows.

 

3 years later British Leyland came out with the Marina Coupe. Unreliable engines and suspension that didn't work. 

 

a86aa56f207d44794bcd9e7af88280db.jpg

 

In between the two Toyota brought out the A20 Celica which while not as nice to drive or powerful as the BMW had this novel function, where if you got into it in the morning it would actually start up and work. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Naby and Ox, Naby has the higher ceiling. But that is no good to us if he never gets off the floor!

 

Ox fulfils the homegrown criteria, is well liked behind the scenes and is the sort of character Klopp likes to have around the dressing room. People like that can lift others around them with their positivity (even if things aren't going so well personally) and bring an extra few percent to the players' performances. That few percent can be a real difference maker.

 

The thing about Naby is that while I'm sure everybody at the club thinks he's a nice guy, he doesn't strike me as somebody who is also beneficial behind the scenes in the way that Ox is. He is just one of those people that is around somewhere, leaving it to others to take charge of situations. You can't imagine him taking a young player under his wing the way Sadio did with him, for example. You can't see him taking the initiative in campaigns to help the community. He's had some stellar examples to learn from at the club, but never gives the impression he is taking it on board. Finally, he just doesn't look 'hungry' enough to want to make an impact - an issue I also see with Big Div.

 

It's for these reasons that if we can only move one of them on this summer, I'd choose Naby to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

My arl fella made the mistake of buying one. It was 2 years old with 11,000 miles on the clock.

It was the worst car he ever had, problem after problem, an absolute nightmare. 

He took a hit on it and got shut within a year.

Terrible car.

My mate inherited one in the mid nineties from his folks, it was the MG 2.0l version, absolute shitbox but it was pretty quick, it was a match for my golf gti at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember in the 80s when my dad was looking for a new car. In my lifetime, he'd only ever had Fords (an Escort Mk1 and a Cortina Mk4), and they had those spindly chrome mirrors. He apparently looked at a Maestro, and then I remember going with him to see a Montego. Both had those solid plastic mirrors, which for some reason I thought was cooler. Then he was close to getting a Sierra Mk1 so I was chuffed. He came back having bought a Datsun Violet 160J instead, which had spindly mirrors. I was gutted. Looking back, it never ever had an issues, but it was dull as ditchwater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

My mate inherited one in the mid nineties from his folks, it was the MG 2.0l version, absolute shitbox but it was pretty quick, it was a match for my golf gti at the time.

This was mid 80's and it wouldn't have pulled a mugger off your granny. Woefully slow.

The head gasket went on it twice before it hit 20k, which was the final straw, but there were lots of other things that went including the synchro between 2nd and 3rd gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

 

The Germans and the Japanese didn't kill the British car industry it was a lot of self inflicted wounds.

 

In 1968 BMW brought out the E9 Coupe.

 

 

 

BMWE9CSc.jpg

 

Silky smooth powerful 6 cylinder engine, suspension that actually worked and electric windows.

 

3 years later British Leyland came out with the Marina Coupe. Unreliable engines and suspension that didn't work. 

 

a86aa56f207d44794bcd9e7af88280db.jpg

 

In between the two Toyota brought out the A20 Celica which while not as nice to drive or powerful as the BMW had this novel function, where if you got into it in the morning it would actually start up and work. 

 

Now this is the content I come on the FF for!

 

Glorious stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, m0e said:

No doubt we have to get rid of both.

 

They're utterly pointless, and free up 270k worth of weekly wages.

 

I'm saying unless we do that, you can forget Neuhaus.

Thing is, we just had a a full season of Ox, Keita, Fab, Hendo, Gini, Thiago, Jones, Shaq and Milner. Without going full Code I’d imagine Gini played more than most if not all of them. We absolutely will need to replace them minutes because we can’t rely on Ox, Keita and Hendo to play as many games as him and Jones is still on his learning curve.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im tired of having to repeat this and read posts like this, which are 100% correct.

 

Do we ever learn like? You could see these situations happening a mile off, and yet the same people defend the club and its decisions.

 

Keita is finished. Ox is finished. Shaqiri is finished. Gini has gone. Milner is on his last legs. The midfield needs a refresh big style. Pay the fucking money like I would expect a club of our stature to do. We've seen what happens when we do the bare minimum and its cost us over the years.


Write Klopp, Edwards & Kornmayer a strongly worded email into your incredible foresight. 


Before last season, when has squad depth, consistently, cost us previously under Klopp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott_M said:


Write Klopp, Edwards & Kornmayer a strongly worded email into your incredible foresight. 


Before last season, when has squad depth, consistently, cost us previously under Klopp?

Just fuck off Scott. I have no interest in replying to anything you type, you are a grade a bellend. Ignored.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Just fuck off Scott. I have no interest in replying to anything you type, you are a grade a bellend. Ignored.


 

12C610FA-56E4-4530-9DA8-AD342885FA17.gif

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

How much would Kalvin Phillips cost? Too much for FSG unless he's got a release clause I guess.

3 years on his deal, English, Leeds don't need or want to sell... He'd be very expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×