You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

9 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

The Guardian are saying Neuhaus has a release clause of £34.3m.

If we got him, would he become only the second German player we have signed under Klopp? (I don't want to remind you of the first.)

It's just Karius previously isn't it? And we got matip and keita from the league (oh and kabak if he counts). I don't think we can complain about matip too much despite the injuries, but I think it's fair to say keita hasn't worked out. We've been linked with fucking millions of players from Germany and we always seem as serious as it appears we are about this lad now with many of them. So I don't think we should assume this is a done deal. 

45 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was thinking about the potential Grealish to City transfer yesterday.

I like Grealish as well. I think he’s a really, really talented player.

But there was something Keane said on Sky last year which I think is very true “He’s the most fouled player because he holds onto the ball to long”. 

Since he said it, it’s definitely true. He has opportunities to pass, doesn’t take it, dribbles down a blind alley / players get back and his wins / buys a foul.

Given the speed that City play at, all their nice 1 touch football etc, would he fit in?

Unfortunately, I’m sure in a little time, he would and would be a huge success there. I’m sure he could change his style to be more geared towards how City play, he’s certainly talented enough, but I’m not convinced he’d hit the ground running.

The lad is a grafter aswell. I genuinely think he'd be great in this side but he is way to expensive for our tastes.

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's just Karius previously isn't it? And we got matip and keita from the league (oh and kabak if he counts). I don't think we can complain about matip too much despite the injuries, but I think it's fair to say keita hasn't worked out. We've been linked with fucking millions of players from Germany and we always seem as serious as it appears we are about this lad now with many of them. So I don't think we should assume this is a done deal. 

Riedle ?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I was thinking about the potential Grealish to City transfer yesterday.

I like Grealish as well. I think he’s a really, really talented player.

But there was something Keane said on Sky last year which I think is very true “He’s the most fouled player because he holds onto the ball to long”. 

Since he said it, it’s definitely true. He has opportunities to pass, doesn’t take it, dribbles down a blind alley / players get back and his wins / buys a foul.

Given the speed that City play at, all their nice 1 touch football etc, would he fit in?

Unfortunately, I’m sure in a little time, he would and would be a huge success there. I’m sure he could change his style to be more geared towards how City play, he’s certainly talented enough, but I’m not convinced he’d hit the ground running.

He must have been reading my opinion of Grealish on here from a year ago.

• Upvote 3

Hmm who will be the saga this year. Could Neuhaus be this years will he won't he! on and on to the point even people who didn't want him are now kicking off because we still haven't signed him... "WERE WAITING FOR SALES UNTIL WE COMMIT.. FRUGAL SPORTS GROUP"

I just can't wait until Mbappe and Grealish sign.

Pochettino wanted Grealish at Spurs when Villa were still in the Championship, but Levy wouldn’t spend the £30m Villa were after. He had an eye for a good player did Poch, but he was at a club that wouldn’t back him. I can’t see it getting any better for Spurs fans anytime soon.

I've never really watched Grealish play other than his games against us but I suspect the holding on to ball issue is probably more about the fact that Aston Villa aren't exactly rich with talent. It happens all the time where players ignore better options because they don't trust their teammates to do the job. That obviously doesn't fit into City's set up, nor our own for that matter, but we have no idea how the player would react to being surrounded by comparable talent. It could go either way. Could be a ball hogging cunt that misses obvious passes or it could turn a corner for him to be a great all around player.

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Grealish is the most fouled player in the league because he annoys the shite out of his peers by needlessly squeezing into age 7-8 shorts and socks. 

He must have been inspired by the shorts Johnny Barnes was wearing for us in the late 80s. Eye-wateringly tight.

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Grealish is the most fouled player in the league because he annoys the shite out of his peers by needlessly squeezing into age 7-8 shorts and socks. 

Him, Traore and Antonio all wear kits about 2 sizes too small.

The likes of Sancho and Grealish are lovely players but not a hope they come here. It's not just the cost of them, it's their wages. Sancho would be demanding more than anyone else in our team or at least the same and I can't see that going down well with players that have been winning the biggest trophies and among the best in the world. Whatever about say Virgil, Mo or Sadio would be throwing toys all over the place.

I actually think there is a bigger chance we sign Mbappe next summer especially with his contract winding down. Say he wants to become the best paid player at the club which he undoubtedly would become and probably by 100k or more. Virgil, Sadio or Mo will all be far more okay with the best player in the world getting more than them than a Sancho. FSG will know that they can sell him on to Real or whoever in a few years for a huge profit anyway.

Can't say I have seen much of Neuhaus, but not many shit players play for Germany. He's young so good to see the age profile coming down whether it's him, Tielemans or the kid at Ajax.

Can't see Mbappe coming here, that's just fantasy stuff. We won't spend big either. The one big advantage we have is Klopp's man management skills and making average players top players, all they need is a hunger and will to win. And that's what he looks for. Perfect example is robbo, who would have bought him before Klopp seen his potential. 

27 minutes ago, Butch said:

Can't see Mbappe coming here, that's just fantasy stuff. We won't spend big either. The one big advantage we have is Klopp's man management skills and making average players top players, all they need is a hunger and will to win. And that's what he looks for. Perfect example is robbo, who would have bought him before Klopp seen his potential. 

Think the club got a bit lucky with Robbo in a way. Looked like we got him as cover for Moreno and fans were pushing for him to get a go long before Jurgen's hand was pushed by Moreno's injury which brought Robbo a good run , and the rest is history.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Not sure Butch. If Mbappe runs his contract down, we could get him for relatively speaking fuck all given how good he is. They know that they could sell him on for a gigantic profit to say Real two or three years after buying him. Very possible we sell Sadio or Mo next year to fund the deal anyway.

The wages are the piece that would impact on it. Grealish, Haaland and Sancho rightly or wrongly cause issues within the squad with the likes of Sadio or Mo. I actually think Mbappe is so good that there wouldn't be the same tension within the squad.

I think this summer will be Tielemans/Neuhaus/Ajax kid and possibly someone like Daka.