manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Origi has no future with us. But, he'll leave the club as a bit of a cult hero who scored some memorable and very important goals for us. There'll be a hint of the what could've been to his departure too. His form hasn't been good for a few seasons now. But, that purple patch he had until he was injured by the Argentinian yard-dog at Everton showed that he could've been a decent option with a run of games and playing centrally. 

Neuhaus looks decent. Not sure who it was against, but one of his assists in this season's Champions League was sublime. 

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Peaked with Blue Velvet

I’d say he’s an overrated weirdo.

I enjoyed Naomi Watts baring all in Mulholland Drive though.

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yep. Loved Twin Peaks back in 1990. The new series was just weird wank. 

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Yep. Loved Twin Peaks back in 1990. The new series was just weird wank. 

Incorrect.

55 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Peaked with Blue Velvet

Incorrect.

48 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Half correct.

• Upvote 2

The Guardian are saying Neuhaus has a release clause of £34.3m.

If we got him, would he become only the second German player we have signed under Klopp? (I don't want to remind you of the first.)

6 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we got him, would he become only the second German player we have signed under Klopp? (I don't want to remind you of the first.)

I've seen a bunch of places where it said his release clause ran out and it comes back again next summer. Weird how there's always a bunch of conflicting info around them.

Either way, Gladbach aren't in Europe next year and will probably negotiate.

20 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Matip?

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Origi has no future with us. But, he'll leave the club as a bit of a cult hero who scored some memorable and very important goals for us. There'll be a hint of the what could've been to his departure too. His form hasn't been good for a few seasons now. But, that purple patch he had until he was injured by the Argentinian yard-dog at Everton showed that he could've been a decent option with a run of games and playing centrally. 

Neuhaus looks decent. Not sure who it was against, but one of his assists in this season's Champions League was sublime. 

Div needs to go now as he's phoning it in for us at present! Will always be remembered and will never pay for a drink in Liverpool for the goals against the shite, Geordies, Barca, and the most important goal of his life against Spurs! I wish him well!

34 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Looks like a rolls Royce of a player. Can shoot from long distances with both feet, I like what I see..

Its the composure of the finishing that looks good

its not like our forwards don't get chances(though its not that many in our system) but the finishing is often woeful from them. He seems to pick his spot pretty well on his shooting, its not a Lampard esp smash it from 20 yards and let the ball and deflections do the work

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

Sell the shite. Buy Grealish. He’d be brilliant for us.

I was thinking about the potential Grealish to City transfer yesterday.

I like Grealish as well. I think he’s a really, really talented player.

But there was something Keane said on Sky last year which I think is very true “He’s the most fouled player because he holds onto the ball to long”. 

Since he said it, it’s definitely true. He has opportunities to pass, doesn’t take it, dribbles down a blind alley / players get back and his wins / buys a foul.

Given the speed that City play at, all their nice 1 touch football etc, would he fit in?

Unfortunately, I’m sure in a little time, he would and would be a huge success there. I’m sure he could change his style to be more geared towards how City play, he’s certainly talented enough, but I’m not convinced he’d hit the ground running.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Neu Haus, in the middle of our street.

For the potential of that being his song and my complete disdain for Madness, I hope we don’t sign him.

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

For the potential of that being his song and my complete disdain for Madness, I hope we don’t sign him.

Jurgen wears his Sunday best, Milner’s tired, he needs a rest, the kids are playing up downstairs
Shaqiri’s sighing in his sleep
Bobby’s got a date to keep, he can't hang around

• Upvote 6