manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

If we don’t get fourth place we’ll be lucky to get a sniff of Gareth Barry’s soiled boxers this summer. 

So you're saying there's a chance? 

6 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Didn't he run around cupping his ear to the Kop to celebrate when he scored a goal that was then disallowed last year? 

I'm a fickle so and so therefore he can do one.

He did. I was in the Kop for that match and gave him my portion of the abuse he received. But I wouldn’t reject him based on that. Klopp will make sure we check any signings character and mentality properly before we sign them, and if he’s happy with it I’m not worried.

56 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He did. I was in the Kop for that match and gave him my portion of the abuse he received. But I wouldn’t reject him based on that. Klopp will make sure we check any signings character and mentality properly before we sign them, and if he’s happy with it I’m not worried.

I don't really see that as a problem anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Sell Salah and buy Neto

Where exactly are the goals coming from. Jota had a good mini run of form but without Salah we only have Mane as a reliable goal scorer. 

If Salah goes we need another wide man that will score or proper 9. 

Cant think of many wide men we could get who's numbers are good outside of Sancho. The talk of him being overrated is hilarious turns 21 in March and has 43 goals, 57 assists in 126 games. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think Paty Bam Bam would probably still be excited to join, which would be a relief.

No Paty Bam Bam, no party. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

No Paty Bam Bam, no party. 

Fuck, imagine we finish 6th, we call Paty Bam Bam to see if he's interested and he's like "nah, I like the project at Leeds more". Devastating. 

10 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You can't sell Salah unless you replace him with a guaranteed source of goals. Sancho would be an excellent Mane replacement if he was the one to go. 

Mane has struggled in so many games this season. I expected him to be the main man this year, he hasn't been. Still class like and I don't want him or Salah to leave. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Mane has struggled in so many games this season. I expected him to be the main man this year, he hasn't been. Still class like and I don't want him or Salah to leave. 

Yeah if we’re looking to offload one of the front three it’s pretty obvious who we should let go.

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah if we’re looking to offload one of the front three it’s pretty obvious who we should let go.

Hearing @aRdja favours a Paty Bam Bam sandwich approach in attack next season. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn’t be selling Bobby. Worrying form aside, he’s still worth more to us than the money we’d get for him. 

Get rid of Divock, Shaq, Ox and Wilson first. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I wouldn’t be selling Bobby. Worrying form aside, he’s still worth more to us than the money we’d get for him. 

Get rid of Divock, Shaq, Ox and Wilson first. 

I hope you can find a buyer who'd provide us with the 70m or more we'd want for that lot. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hope you can find a buyer who'd provide us with the 70m or more we'd want for that lot. 

Hope Bournemouth are up for a few summer acquisitions. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I'll cry if Bobby goes. 

Regardless of where we finish this season, surely, surely FSG now have to actually back Klopp with money for players he might want to address any issues with the squad he identifies. They haven't given him any transfer budget since we bought Keita, I think?

On 14/02/2021 at 14:03, aRdja said:

Maitland-Niles would be my choice. He’s as comfortable on the left as he is on the right.

Yeah, he's equally shite on both wings.

He can't even get into a dogshit Arsenal side ffs.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, etho said:

Regardless of where we finish this season, surely, surely FSG now have to actually back Klopp with money for players he might want to address any issues with the squad he identifies. They haven't given him any transfer budget since we bought Keita, I think?

you'd have thought if there was a time to back him it was january 1st with a half decent centre back. i am beginning to think they just don't give a fuck ........

• Upvote 2

Struggling to get excited about any potential signings tbh. Everyone we've signed the last couple of seasons have turned out to be complete turd anyway. Jury still out on Thiago. 

16 minutes ago, Em City said:

Yeah, he's equally shite on both wings.

He can't even get into a dogshit Arsenal side ffs.

He’s a solid footballer. He’s not as good as Trent or Robbo, but could do a job competently. 

33 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Struggling to get excited about any potential signings tbh. Everyone we've signed the last couple of seasons have turned out to be complete turd anyway. Jury still out on Thiago. 

Jota?