You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Neto is a brilliant player already, and even if he’s obviously not Suarez level his style of play and dribbling reminds me of him.

Could go on to be world class, and would suit our style of play.

Didn't he run around cupping his ear to the Kop to celebrate when he scored a goal that was then disallowed last year? 

I'm a fickle so and so therefore he can do one.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Haaland seems like a pure Chelsea signing. The name liverpool fans seem to really want and then swoosh Chelsea bang in there. Mbappe is totally out of our range. I reckon Grealish will go to United and be unreal for them.

I base all this on thinking about it since writing the first word in this post.

Lookit captain thespiantits over here putting thought into his posts and shit. We dont take kindly to that kinda nonsense round here.

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think carragher was pretty spot on in his assessment the other week we need 3 players - a centre back, midfielder and forward. the centre back needs to be of a level to be VVDs partner (and is net new, assuming Kabak is off), a top central midfielder to come in and compete and replace gini. and a forward who can make firmino 5th choice and we should get origi out of the club, even if the fee is low. then if possible we should be looking at swapping 2 of keita, shaq and chamberlain for players who can contribute on a regular basis, although that is easier said than done. but the starting point should be 3 players for the spine who can come right in to the team. 

Agree mostly with that

42 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Didn't he run around cupping his ear to the Kop to celebrate when he scored a goal that was then disallowed last year? 

I'm a fickle so and so therefore he can do one.

Yeah fuck him.  It was the main stand towards the Kop.  It was so weird as if he’d been playing against us for years for United or something taking shit.  Nobody even knew who he was.  It was fucking hysterical when it got disallowed.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Haaland is the dream signing, I’d sell Mo for him at this point but he has run down his contract to move to Bayern Munich for an 8p release clause written all over him. Lewa probably goes to Juventus and scores his 100th Juve goal on his 45th birthday.

Mental. We'd trade one of the world's best forwards and our best player by absolutely miles this season for a lad who has potential to get to his level one day. If you'd say firmino or origi, I get it. I don't know why anyone would want to sell our best player. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mental. We'd trade one of the world's best forwards and our best player by absolutely miles this season for a lad who has potential to get to his level one day. If you'd say firmino or origi, I get it. I don't know why anyone would want to sell our best player. 

Yes mate, because selling Origi or Firmino will leave us with a warchest overflowing with riches and enable us to sign Haaland. Pretty obvious what he means is that he'd consider flogging even Mo if it meant us getting Haaland, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

Haaland is already at Salah's level when it comes to scoring, and he's only going to get better from here on where else Salah is fast approaching 30.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Yes mate, because selling Origi or Firmino will leave us with a warchest overflowing with riches and enable us to sign Haaland. Pretty obvious what he means is that he'd consider flogging even Mo if it meant us getting Haaland, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

Haaland is already at Salah's level when it comes to scoring, and he's only going to get better from here on where else Salah is fast approaching 30.

honestly, absolutely fucking nuts. we'd look on with envy at a player like salah. half of our fans arms dropped off from wanking when we signed thiago for fucks sake. haaland is avavailble for about 50m this summer isn't he? the absolutely last thing we should do is be selling our best player to raise 50m for one who might become our best player one day. and if we don't have the money to sign haaland through selling players other than salah, we should be sticking with what we have. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Yeah fuck him.  It was the main stand towards the Kop.  It was so weird as if he’d been playing against us for years for United or something taking shit.  Nobody even knew who he was.  It was fucking hysterical when it got disallowed.

That's it. Could get it if it was like a Rooney or Sterling, someone we had given shit to for seasons.

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

honestly, absolutely fucking nuts. we'd look on with envy at a player like salah. half of our fans arms dropped off from wanking when we signed thiago for fucks sake. haaland is avavailble for about 50m this summer isn't he? the absolutely last thing we should do is be selling our best player to raise 50m for one who might become our best player one day. and if we don't have the money to sign haaland through selling players other than salah, we should be sticking with what we have. 

Yeah, cos we dont sell to buy do we? Oh no let's just go give the money tree Henry keeps on his yacht a good few shakes and that should be us sorted.

Only thing that's absolutely fucking nuts here is the hysterical fannies that take peoples points out of context and then sit around beating their breasts like an Afghan war widow.

Edit: And for the record, Haaland is outscoring Mo this season. Again.