Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Man City Chairman has confirmed that they are going to spend big this summer on a couple of quality players.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57324587

No need for a super league FFP will be applied , level playing field, every team can dream and has a chance to compete and all that shite . Unless you have an Klopp we are going to see more of what went on last Saturday night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Was wondering when they would start backing Pep.

Yeah but they never spent over 70ml like we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Man City Chairman has confirmed that they are going to spend big this summer on a couple of quality players.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57324587

I know there's the obvious lure of straight up cash when it comes to man City. 

 

But besides that, what else do they offer, they're a nothing club. 

 

I'd actually hazard a guess that the recent champions league final was the least watched final of the past 20 years? 

 

I know some players would be easily lured, but there's plenty that would still target play for a real club that also provide a genuine chance of winning silverware. Just look at van dijk, mane or alisson for instance. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I know there's the obvious lure of straight up cash when it comes to man City. 

 

But besides that, what else do they offer, they're a nothing club. 

 

I'd actually hazard a guess that the recent champions league final was the least watched final of the past 20 years? 

 

I know some players would be easily lured, but there's plenty that would still target play for a real club that also provide a genuine chance of winning silverware. Just look at van dijk, mane or alisson for instance. 

 

 

I’d assume a big one is money, careers are finite and extremely short and knowing the club will be making similar signings will therefore be increasing your chances of winning stuff. On top of that they have brilliant facilities, top coaches and will put you at the top of the game (CL every year). 

 

While they may have dreamed of playing for an illustrious historic club when they were younger they will be given the chance to become ‘icons’ at city relatively easily especially when you consider their competition would be Uwe Rosler and Shaun Goater.

 

Put it this way, if a new company offered me a massive pay rise, interesting work and the chance to be with the best i would ditch my place. Honestly I was surprised when VVD chose us ahead of city as it would have been easier for him there.

 

unless you’re a fan of a particular team as a player you’d have to look at it like any other career move.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

City pay the biggest wages, have the best facilities, a recent history of domestic success and a world class manager. Football is a career to them not a hobby.

Fixed.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Man City Chairman has confirmed that they are going to spend big this summer on a couple of quality players.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57324587


Bit of a different take to The Athletic.

 

City want Kane and Grealish if they can raise funds through sales. 
 

Talk of Sterling & Jesus + cash being offered to Spurs for Kane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


Bit of a different take to The Athletic.

 

City want Kane and Grealish if they can raise funds through sales. 
 

Talk of Sterling & Jesus + cash being offered to Spurs for Kane.

Sterling and Jesus won't go there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Sterling and Jesus won't go there


I’d be surprised as well but apparently quite a few players are upset at their lack of game time last season, which includes those 2 players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Get in. Harvey Bunhead to save us millions. 

 

Harvey Elliott could answer £80m transfer question to justify Liverpool approach

 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harvey-elliott-could-save-liverpool-20719089#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

I honestly don't understand the anger/sarcasm here! Look at the current squad and TAA is one of our best players, and Jones is one of our most promising - we paid money for Elliot to come through which is what he is doing. I can't imagine Dortmund forums reacting this way to an article a few years ago about how 'Sancho could save them millions of Euro's'. I mean, we shouldn't be expecting critical analysis from the Echo - it is a local paper. 

 

That is what the youth system is for - to provide players and, or funds. Jones literally did save us millions - and he will save us even more this coming season. I'd rather Elliot comes through than we spend £40m on Rafina (who I do rate). I can see Gordon being touted in a year or two as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jockey said:

I honestly don't understand the anger/sarcasm here! Look at the current squad and TAA is one of our best players, and Jones is one of our most promising - we paid money for Elliot to come through which is what he is doing. I can't imagine Dortmund forums reacting this way to an article a few years ago about how 'Sancho could save them millions of Euro's'. I mean, we shouldn't be expecting critical analysis from the Echo - it is a local paper. 

 

That is what the youth system is for - to provide players and, or funds. Jones literally did save us millions - and he will save us even more this coming season. I'd rather Elliot comes through than we spend £40m on Rafina (who I do rate). I can see Gordon being touted in a year or two as well. 

 

The Echo is a bit of a joke these days, it's constantly publish fluff articles like the one quoted and I get why posters are fed up reading it.... but I completely agree with you point. 

 

All you've got to do is see which boring fucker posted it and look at their posting history on this subject to understand why they are irrationally angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Hearing the Echo is signing up some work experience writers and is set to save a fortune. 

I thought they did that ages ago. Twat of a 'newspaper'.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a regional newspaper - and still one of the best selling in the UK! Not sure a local newspaper is where you go to for political insight, undercover expose's and gossip. 

 

It's about stupid bints from the Wirral breaking lockdown for a burger, and bellends stabbing each other at the beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jockey said:

It is a regional newspaper - and still one of the best selling in the UK! Not sure a local newspaper is where you go to for political insight, undercover expose's and gossip. 

 

It's about stupid bints from the Wirral breaking lockdown for a burger, and bellends stabbing each other at the beach. 


I only ever look at the football so can’t comment on the rest, but compared to what it used to be when Barrett (especially) & Pearce wrote for it, it’s absolutely shite.

 

There probably used to be a number of fluff pieces but I only remember the good exclusives they used to get. They don’t seem to get any now.

 

Still, there is a good way to stop getting annoyed by it and that’s to stop reading it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I only ever look at the football so can’t comment on the rest, but compared to what it used to be Barrett & Pearce wrote for it, it’s absolutely shite.

 

There probably used to be a number of fluff pieces but I only remember the good exclusives they used to get. They don’t seem to get any now.

 

Still, there is a good way to stop getting annoyed by it and that’s to stop reading it!

Haha I understand what you are saying, and that is fair - TB was very good, as was Pearce - but I don't think you can't just use football as your barometer though! Liam Thorp for example is very good. It is what is - a local paper that focuses upon what is local. And in an environment where they are dropping like the flies the fact it is still here is a good sign. 

 

I may not find out who we are signing anymore but I do find out about a variety of pyjamas that are  apparently to 'die for' in New Look, Home Bargains and Primemark! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jockey said:

It's about stupid bints from the Wirral breaking lockdown for a burger, and bellends stabbing each other at the beach. 

Where do I subscribe? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling is an excellent player but they have Son who is better. We have Mane and Jota who are better. He’s played loads of football from a very young age so his next two moves will be Arsenal then Everton on the early retirement get injured, be shit and get paid loads of money tour.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×