Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Jockey said:

That is my reading of it. I think Coutinho's best form came under Klopp. 

 

It did. I actually think he played his best stuff in that 3-4 months between his back injury and transfer to Barcelona. That form of his continued for his first 6 months in Spain, which is why 2017/18 is statistically his best season ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red74 said:

iirc we took a hit of about £8 mill on them buying the debt off us 

It has certainly been in the accounts hasn't it? I'm sure someone with the right Google skills and time can get the details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It has certainly been in the accounts hasn't it? I'm sure someone with the right Google skills and time can get the details. 

It seems it's been in Barcelona's accounts there's a couple of echo articles from different times saying pretty much the same thing. The latest claims they owe us 35m, so it's not the 50m discussed in these latest articles. 

 

Barcelona still owe £35m for Philippe Coutinho but not to Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-19700776#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

 

Barca still owe almost €100m for Coutinho - but not to Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barcelona-still-owe-almost-100m-17043629#ICID=Android_LFCEchoNewsApp_AppShare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been linked to Raphinha and Patson Daka today. Buying anyone from a PL team now is expensive but some clubs still want to wait and see whether a foreign player does well with a team playing in their league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We've been linked to Raphinha and Patson Daka today. Buying anyone from a PL team now is expensive but some clubs still want to wait and see whether a foreign player does well with a team playing in their league. 

Two good to be true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Daka has 5 goals in 26 games in Europe. Some sub appearances in there likely but it's pretty doubtful he'd be good enough. That's a crap record.

I've literally never heard of the cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Daka has 5 goals in 26 games in Europe. Some sub appearances in there likely but it's pretty doubtful he'd be good enough. That's a crap record.

In the last 2 seasons he’s got 51 goals in 59 games played in the league.

Compare them stats to Mane when he was at Salzburg. 45 in 87 games. Daka is 22, the same age as Mane when he went to Soton.  Bit harsh to judge him by his European goals. Mane only had 6 before he went to Soton. It’s possible to pick gems up that aren’t experienced internationals that perform in the Champs League. Remember most reds after seeing Mane scoring record at Salzburg asking why we weren’t in for him when he went Soton. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

In the last 2 seasons he’s got 51 goals in 59 games played in the league.

Compare them stats to Mane when he was at Salzburg. 45 in 87 games. Daka is 22, the same age as Mane when he went to Soton.  Bit harsh to judge him by his European goals. Mane only had 6 before he went to Soton. It’s possible to pick gems up that aren’t experienced internationals that perform in the Champs League. Remember most reds after seeing Mane scoring record at Salzburg asking why we weren’t in for him when he went Soton. 

Daka's a striker, he'll intrinsically have a better scoring record. Mane was a raw winger that rightfully signed for a smaller English club to test himself before making a move to a bigger club. Where we are as a club now, is one that doesn't really need to take gambles on players before they prove something. Unless it's cheap like Minamino was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haaland was scoring 4 in 5 in Europe at Molde and 8 goals in 6 games at Salzburg. Let's not compare the two, eh. Scoring loads in Austria means practically dick. 

 

Said with the disclaimer he may actually be good, I have no idea, but it's not real easy to tell because he's done fuck all in Europe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont particularly want us to sign Raphina, it feels like at best he stops too much of a drop off coming on from the bench. Is that enough for what would be a massive part of our budget 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont particularly want us to sign Raphina, it feels like at best he stops too much of a drop off coming on from the bench. Is that enough for what would be a massive part of our budget 

He’s fantastic IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paulie Dangerously said:

Talk of barca offering us Phil for nothing, rather than pay us the £50m they still owe us. If he's on sensible wages I'd be for that. 

Barca don't do sensible wages.

 

They don't owe us anything as of now.

 

Dont want him or his bad back BACK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve only seen Daka play 3 or 4 times, but have been very impressed with the, albeit limited, evidence. On the other hand, I was sure Minamino would fit us like a glove, so there’s that…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

I’ve only seen Daka play 3 or 4 times, but have been very impressed with the, albeit limited, evidence. On the other hand, I was sure Minamino would fit us like a glove, so there’s that…

I didn’t care about Minamino and I don’t care about Daka. So there’s that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this Barella chap we’ve been linked with from Inter any good? I have to confess alive not watched Italian football for a while so know little about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Is this Barella chap we’ve been linked with from Inter any good? I have to confess alive not watched Italian football for a while so know little about him.

 

14 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Good little midfielder him, but Italian...

Arguably the best midfielder in Italy - I can't see Inter allowing him to leave in all honesty. 

 

Stats comparison from FBref.com against Gini and Tielemans - here.

 

Now that the boring factual stats are out the way, let's have a look at the important stuff...

 

FIFA21 card/stats - Sofifa.com

 

image.png.0c16d7d31c1b0b04e994e3e75498138c.png

 

FM21 initial attributes:

 

image.thumb.png.f8e557e265c7f50b9282c5bc74d28c69.png

 

FM21 attributes in February 2022 (From a personal save):

 

image.thumb.png.ae6e8bbfdd2677ab5c3ebfad2b16492e.png

 

FM21 history from the same save:

 

image.thumb.png.9a597def248a2108b927b8ad0e2cb5a5.png

 

Complimentary YouTube video with accompanying noise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×