You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

some kind of big squad turnover -  

your words

Gini, who is already going, one of the front three, Keita or Ox, Matip and deadwood like Origi, would be reasonable. 

I'm not asking for the tea ladies to go like Souness did, or whatever. 

But to clarify, I don't think we'll do that.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Gini, who is already going, one of the front three, Keita or Ox, Matip and deadwood like Origi, would be reasonable. 

I'm not asking for the tea ladies to go like Souness did, or whatever. 

Sounds sensible enough to me. Wouldn’t call that a big squad turnover, or rebuild, but that’s not really the point. That level of renewal would make sense, even if I’d keep both Salah and Mane if they’re willing to committ their future here.

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Brazilian centre back who plays for Torino. Probably cost about £25m. Never seen him play though so I havent really helped here have I?

Papers keep saying he is available for £10m which made me wonder why he would be so cheap unless his contract is running down.

32 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Botman, Bissouma and Neto sounds very much like a Liverpool summer transfer window if we sell Salah. Those three are costing £130m alone. What is our most positive net spend so far? Even if we sell £50m worth of players and kept Salah can anyone see us spending a net of £80m? 

thIQKmHwmCMD.gif

There won’t be a rebuild of the first team but the players not getting a look in could all do with being shipped out and the money being put towards 4-5 young hungry players who are still under the radar with the potential to stay in the team if we have another crisis in form like we’re having lately.

Weve got no one on the bench you look at and think, get him on, he’ll make a difference. 

There was strong rumours Ox was off to Wolves in the summer window before he took another knock. Could still be a good move for both of them if he can stay fit until the ink dries. Other than one of the front 3 going, he looks like the only one we wouldn’t miss who we could still get a decent amount for. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

@Liverpoolecho (sometime this summer)

Liverpool missing out on circa £100m by not qualifying for the champions league is leading to a massive rethink about transfer spend. Indications are club will need to cut cloth to suit, expect no significant spend.

I am pretty sure they did that last week with CL footy. 

• Upvote 3

Now I’m thinking about it, we’ve got a full team of exits this summer who’ll need replacing 

Adrian

Williams, Phillips, Davies, Milner,

Gini, Naby, Ox

Minamino, Divock, Shaq

Bench: Bobby & Matip 

Can’t wait to get this vaccine and get back to work as I’ve obviously got far too much time on my hands today

Team needs a fair bit of refreshing/strengthening over next couple of years.

A lot of players hovering around the 30 years old mark and not a lot of younger top quality snapping at their heels.

Add in the can't be relied upon but are eating up wages crew like Ox, Keita and Matip and there is a lot to do.

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

Team needs a fair bit of refreshing/strengthening over next couple of years.

A lot of players hovering around the 30 years old mark and not a lot of younger top quality snapping at their heels.

Add in the can't be relied upon but are eating up wages crew like Ox, Keita and Matip and there is a lot to do.

i think carragher was pretty spot on in his assessment the other week we need 3 players - a centre back, midfielder and forward. the centre back needs to be of a level to be VVDs partner (and is net new, assuming Kabak is off), a top central midfielder to come in and compete and replace gini. and a forward who can make firmino 5th choice and we should get origi out of the club, even if the fee is low. then if possible we should be looking at swapping 2 of keita, shaq and chamberlain for players who can contribute on a regular basis, although that is easier said than done. but the starting point should be 3 players for the spine who can come right in to the team. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think carragher was pretty spot on in his assessment the other week we need 3 players - a centre back, midfielder and forward. the centre back needs to be of a level to be VVDs partner (and is net new, assuming Kabak is off), a top central midfielder to come in and compete and replace gini. and a forward who can make firmino 5th choice and we should get origi out of the club, even if the fee is low. then if possible we should be looking at swapping 2 of keita, shaq and chamberlain for players who can contribute on a regular basis, although that is easier said than done. but the starting point should be 3 players for the spine who can come right in to the team. 

Bottman, Bassouma and Neto this summer then and wait 12 months and get Haaland at the cheaper price. 

Close the thread. I have spoken.