You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

He's the best thing to happen to our football club in a long time.....dreading him going, but lets enjoy him while he is here and worry about when he goes when he goes!

The problem I have is that FSG are wasting the time he's here, we've had some success but we could have had far more if they'd have backed him properly.

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Elite said:

The problem I have is that FSG are wasting the time he's here, we've had some success but we could have had far more if they'd have backed him properly.

He's definitely overachieved...i can't see many managers who could have got a league title and a european cup out of what he has and i very much doubt there is another manager who could have steered us into top 4 last season faced with what he was faced with.

What he is able to leave for his successor of course remains to be seen, we should be looking to build for long term success and create a long term legacy, something of course in our glory years we were the best at and did with understated, sensible succession planning and continuity....

Once we fell off our perch and started scrambling to get back on it, we became terrible at planning and every time we looked like we were 'back' we seemed to then lose plot and then have to start again then rinse and repeat.....the fear is we will sleep walk into that mistake again.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

.i can't see many managers who could have got a league title and a european cup out of what he has

Love Kloppo but you seriously think he is the only manager in the world who could have won anything with the Golden Boot, a CB who was up for the Golden Balloon and the best goalkeeper in the world?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Love Kloppo but you seriously think he is the only manager in the world who could have won anything with the Golden Boot, a CB who was up for the Golden Balloon and the best goalkeeper in the world?

Where did i say 'won anything'?

I specifically said a league title and a european cup....

I also specifically said 'many' managers - as opposed to your claim of me saying he is the 'only' manager.

Those issues aside - i do believe given the overall depth of squad he has had to work with that he has overachieved and there are not many managers who could have led us to what he has done with what he has had.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Lack of funds from fsg will eventually drive Jurgen out, then it will be back to square one. It's the Liverpool way 1step forward and 2 back. 

25 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Thought Bamford was wank yesterday. All this talk of him taking up good positions means fuck all when he can control it further than I can kick it. Poundland Crouchy

Bamford lost the ball due to bad control less often than Jota and Salah.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549574/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Leeds-Liverpool

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Bamford lost the ball due to bad control less often than Jota and Salah.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1549574/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2021-2022-Leeds-Liverpool

But Salah + Jota also had a 3rd more touches than Bamford.

Bamford was terrible yesterday…it’s exactly the same every time I’ve seen him play.

I admire your perseverance but if you think the level Bamford plays at is that of a top player than you need to reevaluate your standards I’m afraid.

14 minutes ago, Simbo said:

But Salah + Jota also had a 3rd more touches than Bamford.

Bamford was terrible yesterday…it’s exactly the same every time I’ve seen him play.

I admire your perseverance but if you think the level Bamford plays at is that of a top player than you need to reevaluate your standards I’m afraid.

Happy my standards aligned with Klopp’s.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Happy my standards aligned with Klopp’s.

Even Klopp can be wrong sometimes. Doesn’t the story go that he needed convincing about Salah?

Bamford is in his peak years and has found his level. A striker for a team in the mid to bottom half of the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I like Bamford. He isn't our level but he would have been an upgrade on Origi. 

The problem with that line of thinking is 2 fold.

Will he want to sit in the bench for us?

Will he be any good if he did?

There's a reason Ings isn't at a top club, and that's because the answer to the 2 questions is NO.

Giroud left Chelsea because he didn't want to sit on the bench. Same with Tammy Abraham. In fact, there are very few players who would want to sit on the bench that have the necessary quality.

There are Liverpool fans, I kid you not, who are now claiming we should have bought that Edouard bum at Palace.

It's actually very funny.

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

The problem with that line of thinking is 2 fold.

Will he want to sit in the bench for us?

Will he be any good if he did?

There's a reason Ings isn't at a top club, and that's because the answer to the 2 questions is NO.

Giroud left Chelsea because he didn't want to sit on the bench. Same with Tammy Abraham. In fact, there are very few players who would want to sit on the bench that have the necessary quality.

There are Liverpool fans, I kid you not, who are now claiming we should have bought that Edouard bum at Palace.

It's actually very funny.

2 things.

I'd like him (if we had signed him) to have had the stomach for the fight to get into the first team. I very much doubt Klopp would sign a player and say "your job is from the bench" he'd say "If you want to start every match, go and prove to me why you should let's see what you've got" 

Secondly, we didn't sign him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

2 things.

I'd like him (if we had signed him) to have had the stomach for the fight to get into the first team. I very much doubt Klopp would sign a player and say "your job is from the bench" he'd say "If you want to start every match, go and prove to me why you should let's see what you've got" 

Secondly, we didn't sign him. 

Almost everyone in world football knows they're not getting in to our 1st eleven.

Klopp saying things or otherwise.

Edit - there's a reason Spurs haven't found a striker willong to join them in 6 years