You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

17 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Keep getting fotmob pinging me with Liverpool transfer news.

"TEA LADY SIGNS SIGNS 12 MONTH CONTRACT EXTENSION"

Sign someone good you fucks.

Hey, Mary's a boss tea lady, she's been with us since Rafa, never forgets the Jaffa Cakes (Aldi's own brand obviously)

21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Keep getting fotmob pinging me with Liverpool transfer news.

"TEA LADY SIGNS SIGNS 12 MONTH CONTRACT EXTENSION"

Sign someone good you fucks.

She’s gone on next years books for a £10 mill signing on fee, £100k pwk wages and amortisation of fuck knows what.

All above board as well

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It’s a personality trait. I have no time for people I don’t respect. 

Which also includes you. 

Laters. 

Like I’d give a flying fuck what some stranger on the internet thought about me. 

It does however show how you’ve learned absolutely nothing and repeatedly do exactly what you complain others of doing. 

You’re just a boring, unfunny hypocritical cunt. 

*Awaits shit meme. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Like I’d give a flying fuck what some stranger on the internet thought about me. 

It does however show how you’ve learned absolutely nothing and repeatedly do exactly what you complain others of doing. 

You’re just a boring, unfunny hypocritical cunt. 

*Awaits shit meme. 

518FB2E2-6202-482B-9A56-A7F25439DFBC.jpeg

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Is Mbappe really THAT good?

Id go for Haaland every time before him. Far more to his game

Its a shallow pool of world class strikers nowadays

I am similarly dubious about how good Mbappe actually is, or can be. 

Good players need good teams around them, and need to work hard. Salah and Mane are two examples of that.  

You get generational talents who can sometimes drag a team to silverware, like Maradona, Messi, Zidane, Ronaldo, Platini, Gerrard, Suarez, but I don't think Mbappe is in the latter category, and never will be. 

Madrid don't need him for the goals, they need him for the totemic value of owning him. 

They may even join the race for Haaland, knowing that Mbappe will be free.  

The thing is, their team is a constant 'build the plane while flying it' scenario, with bits falling off as fast as they put them on. 

• Upvote 1

CELTIC SIGN JOTA (NO NOT THAT ONE)

Jota has joined Celtic from Benfica on a season-long loan with Celtic having an option to buy. That clause is a fee of just over £6m.

The winger is a product of Benfica’s youth academy, having graduated to the club’s senior side in July, 2019. The winger spent the 2020/21 campaign out on loan, playing in Spain’s La Liga for Real Valladolid. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I am similarly dubious about how good Mbappe actually is, or can be. 

Good players need good teams around them, and need to work hard. Salah and Mane are two examples of that.  

You get generational talents who can sometimes drag a team to silverware, like Maradona, Messi, Zidane, Ronaldo, Platini, Gerrard, Suarez, but I don't think Mbappe is in the latter category, and never will be. 

Madrid don't need him for the goals, they need him for the totemic value of owning him. 

They may even join the race for Haaland, knowing that Mbappe will be free.  

The thing is, their team is a constant 'build the plane while flying it' scenario, with bits falling off as fast as they put them on. 

Wish I’d have said this. 

He wouldn't have made the slightest difference to us in that 2nd half on Saturday whereas the likes of Haaland would have took the game to them