You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Wtf is going on?  I'm not against keeping Phillips, but we've been trying to sell him haven't we so wtf is with the new contract?

What on earth are they smoking in Boston?

I think they’ve sent Williams out to Swansea to get a full season under his belt, and have kept Nat as the 5th choice cover because of it. 

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Low cost value protection, same way we give players shuffling off on loan new contracts but deep down know we'll only ever see them in a Liverpool shirt during early pre-season games.

The same was said about Origi, and someone else (Adrian?) I think -  look where that has got us.  Stuck with players no one wants and unable to spend on new players because we're stuck with players no one wants.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

I think they’ve sent Williams out to Swansea to get a full season under his belt, and have kept Nat as the 5th choice cover because of it. 

That's fine but why the new contract?  We could have kept him as fifth choice without it costing a penny and potentially costing us significantly more in the medium-long term thus affecting our future spending.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

You are aware calling somebody a top red is a double negative? By saying it infers I’m not a top red at all, therefore elevating your own supporter status is better than mine, therefore making you the top red.

You are aware you have history for telling everyone how you’re a top red, all the games home and away you’ve been to, listed the European aways and finals and then told the forum the vast majority of posters on here don’t know as much as you about the game? 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Hope so.

Why? At the very least we need a forward line reinforcement. Why think it’s clever to shit on the people queuing outside the stadium, buying your shirts, buying club memberships, just because they are vocal about the need for reinforcements.

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Why? At the very least we need a forward line reinforcement. Why think it’s clever to shit on the people queuing outside the stadium, buying your shirts, buying club memberships, just because they are vocal about the need for reinforcements.

Mainly because it'd be funny and doesn't carry that much weight.

Though I appreciate supporters across football are notoriously humourless when it comes to getting anything back in return.

• Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, Moo said:

That's fine but why the new contract?  We could have kept him as fifth choice without it costing a penny and potentially costing us significantly more in the medium-long term thus affecting our future spending.

Probably to protect his value. His contract was running out in 2023.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You deserve it Scott. You know why? Because you are a condescending prick. Who can't put across an argument without a put down or an insult. You wander about the forum moaning about people banging on about the same things, whilst droning on and on yourself. You are just as entrenched.

I show the same level of respect that you have shown me in this forum, i.e none. 

I think the condescending comments started when you told to me piss off and that I’m only probably 18 or something. You were royally set straight and you replied with top red, again, a further condescending comment,while also inflating your perceived level of support over mine.

The reason I’ve given you no respect is because from there is, I’ve had none. 

Where have I been on the forum moaning? I’ve continually pointed chasms in your ill thought through arguments, of which there are many and there is always more than sufficient contrary evidence pointing to the exact opposite of what you’ve said. Is that what you mean?

“Ooo I come to vent…”. Fair enough. Everyday with every post? Equally the majority, come to have football chat with likeminded supporters, not to have every thread derailed with “FSG ARE CUNTS” or other such zingers.

Your snide comment of “Harvey Elliot will say us millions like Harry Wilson or Ryan Kent” or whichever players you used sums you up. It was pointed out to you by myself and several others the reasons why he hadn’t played for us (harder to get in the first team, his age) and you just kept coming back with other players who had played for us by his age, writing him off and completely ignoring the reasons why he hasn’t played for us.

I know it’s only a handful of games but are you writing Elliot off now? Would you be happy if we’d spent £40m on ‘Arbee El Liot, the latest La Masia wonder kid? 

I’m not saying Elliot is the answer to our lack of depth up front, but Klopp and the rest of his back room staff have seen far more of him than we have. So despite your comments that Klopp talks out his arse and his team suggestions show it (?) he obviously has a significant amount of faith to start him against the European Champions, ahead of several seasoned internationals and then opted to replace the club captain instead of him.

I’m as disappointed as the next supporter we’re not trying for an attacker today, only you hear me going over it for the next god knows how many years.

1 minute ago, Gumsy said:

Probably to protect his value. His contract was running out in 2023.

Two whole years?

And what value?  No one wants him now when he's just had probably the best spell he'll ever have for us. Unless we get mad injuries at CB again and he manages to perform at the same level he is likely to cost us money from here on in.

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think the condescending comments started when you told to me piss off and that I’m only probably 18 or something. You were royally set straight and you replied with top red, again, a further condescending comment,while also inflating your perceived level of support over mine.

The reason I’ve given you no respect is because from there is, I’ve had none. 

Where have I been on the forum moaning? I’ve continually pointed chasms in your ill thought through arguments, of which there are many and there is always more than sufficient contrary evidence pointing to the exact opposite of what you’ve said. Is that what you mean?

“Ooo I come to vent…”. Fair enough. Everyday with every post? Equally the majority, come to have football chat with likeminded supporters, not to have every thread derailed with “FSG ARE CUNTS” or other such zingers.

Your snide comment of “Harvey Elliot will say us millions like Harry Wilson or Ryan Kent” or whichever players you used sums you up. It was pointed out to you by myself and several others the reasons why he hadn’t played for us (harder to get in the first team, his age) and you just kept coming back with other players who had played for us by his age, writing him off and completely ignoring the reasons why he hasn’t played for us.

I know it’s only a handful of games but are you writing Elliot off now? Would you be happy if we’d spent £40m on ‘Arbee El Liot, the latest La Masia wonder kid? 

I’m not saying Elliot is the answer to our lack of depth up front, but Klopp and the rest of his back room staff have seen far more of him than we have. So despite your comments that Klopp talks out his arse and his team suggestions show it (?) he obviously has a significant amount of faith to start him against the European Champions, ahead of several seasoned internationals and then opted to replace the club captain instead of him.

I’m as disappointed as the next supporter we’re not trying for an attacker today, only you hear me going over it for the next god knows how many years.

Fucking hell mate Harvey Elliot has played TWO GAMES. TWO.

You are falling into the same trap that happens when local journal start spinning youth as the next best thing. I am simply pointing out that its ok to hold fucking fire and let him develop.

Jurgen is boss. But not everything he says is gospel. Its just not possible. He's not going to describe the ins and outs so just keeps it minimal. He's always fairly positive too. Doesn't mean he's completely happy though.

People have made the suggestion that he doesn't exactly back his own words and its true. Origi can't get on a nine man bench, Minamino can't get on when we are searching for a goal. Keita has played once(?) since his Madrid nightmare.

Yet he claims to have a perfect squad. I dont think so.

And to think some people out there thought we'd actually sign Mbappe. 

Another disaster of a transfer window from the club. Cant wait until we lose Mane and Salah in January to the ACON with Origi the backup as the club again sits with their thumbs up their arse. 

Wonderfull. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

You are aware you have history for telling everyone how you’re a top red, all the games home and away you’ve been to, listed the European aways and finals and then told the forum the vast majority of posters on here don’t know as much as you about the game? 

I’ve referenced this in an above post. The games I go to was a bite back at a Stroganoff comment.

So what if I go the game? I’ve seen plenty of comments from you of “When I had a season ticket…” and posting pictures with Ian Rush. Very good, I hope other posters enjoy going to matches as much as I do. 

I also apologised so for that one comment I know more about football than other on the forum as I was pissed.