You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

9 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Thats not quite all of it though. We need to find someone good enough whose club is prepared to sell at a price that's not stupid money, who has an agent who doesnt want a stupid fee and then the wages should not upset the applecart. Even with our supposed network thats not easy. Case in point Harry Kane with city and Kounde with Chelsea. I still think the club have made a mistake by not finding somebody.

Nobody is saying we should be signing someone of the profile of Harry Kane. You've listed a whole bunch of things that makes it harder, like they're cheap and like the agent works at a low rate. Tough..that's the market, go and sort it or find another business. As for the wages and not upsetting the apple cart. Unless we're buying from another top 10 in the world club (financially speaking), wages won't be a problem. We'd be doubling pretty much anyone's wages no issue because aside from a handful of super clubs, we're on a different level. Getting a bargain is nice, but we can't manage a squad for ever from the middle isle at Aldi and we feel like we're at the top table with a trip to B&M. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why are Real Madrid the 'go to' club now for Mbappe and Camavinga?  On the face of it they're in a bit of a state, with the likes of Bale, Jovic, Hazard, Ceballos, Isco, Asensio, all seemingly surplus to requirements, with Benzema and Marcelo getting on. 

Are they just throwing money at players? If so, fine, but I don't see Madrid being able to win the CL while us, City, Chelsea and United are around. 

Very easy to see a midfield of Cavimga, Goretzka and Pogba next season with Mbappe and Halaand up front. Total outlay about €100m plus obscene wages.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You thought Mbappe was a realistic target?

no reason why he can't be if he is still as PSG in the morning. No way we was going to throw 150m at it but on a free we have as good a chance as madrid 

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Very easy to see a midfield of Cavimga, Goretzka and Pogba next season with Mbappe and Halaand up front. Total outlay about €100m plus obscene wages.

i have this feeling Mbappe won't end up at Madrid if he really wanted the move he would have pushed for it and PSG would have snatched the 160m+ deal. This whole we still owe 40m is total crap for a club like PSG its almost nothing to them. Either he will sign a new contract or by going on a free it opens up more doors for him clubs wise 

17 minutes ago, andyj said:

no reason why he can't be if he is still as PSG in the morning. No way we was going to throw 150m at it but on a free we have as good a chance as madrid 

The reason is simple we wont pay anywhere near the wages he'll get elsewhere

2 minutes ago, Shithouse Cunts said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you can laugh all you like but him going on a free opens up many more doors Juve City Utd Chelsea and a few more clubs. A 40m sighning on fee is much better than paying out 160m then a signing on fee onto of that  

6 minutes ago, andyj said:

you can laugh all you like but him going on a free opens up many more doors Juve City Utd Chelsea and a few more clubs. A 40m sighning on fee is much better than paying out 160m then a signing on fee onto of that  

what about the wages can you see us paying 500000 a week plus even on a free transfer

8 minutes ago, Mark M said:

The reason is simple we wont pay anywhere near the wages he'll get elsewhere

your most likely right mate but the point i was trying to make was we had no chance why there was a huge free involved but if he is on a free then we are in with a shout. To be honest i never thought id see this club paying 200k a week wages and we would most likely sell 1 of the front 3 to fund it if we had a sniff of a chance.

Am i being looking at it as glass half full.....yeah beats hearing people bitching that we have not spent this year and being all doom and gloom   

6 minutes ago, andyj said:

your most likely right mate but the point i was trying to make was we had no chance why there was a huge free involved but if he is on a free then we are in with a shout. To be honest i never thought id see this club paying 200k a week wages and we would most likely sell 1 of the front 3 to fund it if we had a sniff of a chance.

Am i being looking at it as glass half full.....yeah beats hearing people bitching that we have not spent this year and being all doom and gloom   

Your glass may be half full but it's of warm, flat Carling and someone has put a ciggie out in it.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

what about the wages can you see us paying 500000 a week plus even on a free transfer

no i can't and im 1 of those people that feel there is no justification in any player being paid stupid amounts like that and to be fair i think  there needs to be a cap on players prices and wages aswell as agents fees. The crazy amount of money in football along with VAR is killing the game   

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Your glass may be half full but it's of warm, flat Carling and someone has put a ciggie out in it.

maybe but it beats 300 pages of so and so saved us millions or we need this or we need that....tell you what lets borrow the mancs norwich scalves and start a protest and force FSG to spend!!  haha 

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Nobody is saying we should be signing someone of the profile of Harry Kane. You've listed a whole bunch of things that makes it harder, like they're cheap and like the agent works at a low rate. Tough..that's the market, go and sort it or find another business. As for the wages and not upsetting the apple cart. Unless we're buying from another top 10 in the world club (financially speaking), wages won't be a problem. We'd be doubling pretty much anyone's wages no issue because aside from a handful of super clubs, we're on a different level. Getting a bargain is nice, but we can't manage a squad for ever from the middle isle at Aldi and we feel like we're at the top table with a trip to B&M. 

Those things I mentioned are the reality of todays football world and I didnt say cheap and an agent that works for a low rate. I said realistic pricing and an agent that doesnt want a massive wedge for himself. That is a factor whether you think the club should just agree to it or not.  Lets agree that the club should have been out there finding such a player and also that we need to stop looking in the football equivalent of home and bargain all the time.