You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I believe not buying a striker in this window will prove costly this season. I know the owners methodology in respect of spend but given what happened with the pandemic a relaxing of this rule would  have been a good thing. Having said all of that I havent got a clue as to who is good enough and available.

14 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I believe not buying a striker in this window will prove costly this season. I know the owners methodology in respect of spend but given what happened with the pandemic a relaxing of this rule would  have been a good thing. Having said all of that I havent got a clue as to who is good enough and available.

You shouldn't have to know. It's why we supposedly have one of the world best scouting and analytics networks in the world. Finding someone shouldn't be that tough. The problem is finding someone who's good enough, who we can buy for under their estimated value and will come in on a wage that suggests they shouldn't be challenging for a place in our front line. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

So not too different to origi then? I would see Watkins as a signing for the sake of it to be honest. We need someone who's going to put pressure on mane and/or firmino. Someone who can come in and play and not be 5th choice, which Watkins very much would be. 

Origi always looks disinterested and despite his size he’s not very good in the air. Very different. 

Why are Real Madrid the 'go to' club now for Mbappe and Camavinga?  On the face of it they're in a bit of a state, with the likes of Bale, Jovic, Hazard, Ceballos, Isco, Asensio, all seemingly surplus to requirements, with Benzema and Marcelo getting on. 

Are they just throwing money at players? If so, fine, but I don't see Madrid being able to win the CL while us, City, Chelsea and United are around. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Watkins isn't crap at all, but is a fair way behind Ings, Wilson and Calvert-Lewin in terms of English strikers.

I think he's at origi's level. I think origi is crap. Watkins wouldn't start a match for us unless 3 forwards we're injured as we'd pad out with Elliot, Chamberlain, Jones or even keita. We need to buy someone who can come in and if he doesn't start, should be on the fringe of it. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why are Real Madrid the 'go to' club now for Mbappe and Camavinga?  On the face of it they're in a bit of a state, with the likes of Bale, Jovic, Hazard, Ceballos, Isco, Asensio, all seemingly surplus to requirements, with Benzema and Marcelo getting on. 

Are they just throwing money at players? If so, fine, but I don't see Madrid being able to win the CL while us, City, Chelsea and United are around. 

Fixed. Utd will have zero to do with any outcome of the CL with OGS in charge. Most overrated team and squad in the league. Varane will improve them, for sure, but not to the extent that they are a threat.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

They're Real Madrid. They'll always be a destination for players. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think he's at origi's level. I think origi is crap. Watkins wouldn't start a match for us unless 3 forwards we're injured as we'd pad out with Elliot, Chamberlain, Jones or even keita. We need to buy someone who can come in and if he doesn't start, should be on the fringe of it. 

I think he's a bit better than a happy, confident, contributing Origi, he's magnitudes better than the current Origi. 

That guy needs a club that will build him up. Been stagnant ever since the final.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

They must own 2 tennis courts and a sports centre that they can sell to the Spanish government for €500m.

Taking advantage of Barcelona being almost as poor as FSG pretend Liverpool are.

15 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I think he's a bit better than a happy, confident, contributing Origi, he's magnitudes better than the current Origi. 

That guy needs a club that will build him up. Been stagnant ever since the final.

We'll have to disagree on that. I agree origi needs a fresh challenge, but he ended up so far away from the team because he's not very good at football and once Jota came in he just couldn't get his time despite the injuries to Jota. Watkins wouldn't get on our bench, because his footballing level is where origi is. 

I have a feeling that the go to excuse will be the club need to trim the fat and cut the wage bill before we could have brought in players which makes total sense and is financially responsible. Pricing Origi out of a move and not shifting more deadwood, even at a loss suggests that’s not really their main concern. It’s as simple as the club is in a strong position to maintain top 4 football and in a financial pinch that’ll do for FSG. 

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You shouldn't have to know. It's why we supposedly have one of the world best scouting and analytics networks in the world. Finding someone shouldn't be that tough. The problem is finding someone who's good enough, who we can buy for under their estimated value and will come in on a wage that suggests they shouldn't be challenging for a place in our front line. 

Thats not quite all of it though. We need to find someone good enough whose club is prepared to sell at a price that's not stupid money, who has an agent who doesnt want a stupid fee and then the wages should not upset the applecart. Even with our supposed network thats not easy. Case in point Harry Kane with city and Kounde with Chelsea. I still think the club have made a mistake by not finding somebody.