You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This quote will be ignored by the usual suspects. 

Clearly.

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It was said with a seething rage, you could see it behind the relaxed smile.

I'd like 1 or two more but it's purely from the perspective of new things are nice.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's taking the piss out of the supporters saying "I promise" while he's clearly lying through his teeth and acting as FSG's human shield. Disgusting. 

That’s why he’s said his teeth and eyes fixed.  So supporters can’t call his bluff. They can’t see his tell anymore. The devious lengths FSG will sink to.

I’d like another attacker and I confess, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t sign one. I don’t think Minamino or Origi are good enough. If we get injuries, we don’t want to be relying on those 2 or playing Ox out of position or putting big pressure on Elliot. We can probably get through the odd game like that but I would want to be rely on that for weeks on end. 

However, if we don’t sign one, I won’t be pissing my pants all over the forum. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Lineker is an utter cunt these days. (Possibly always has been & I never saw it). 

And surely those 100's of millions of fans walk away from Citeh once Ronaldo fucks off? 

What type of ungodly cunt supports a player and not a team? 

I wish nothing but unpleasant things for you for the remainder of your days

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is Ronaldo still good. I saw him in the Euros and its like he was carried for the game but still given all the focus but clearly still capable of finishing.

He's not the Ronaldo people remember but he'll bang in some goals....which wasn't an issue anyway.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's taking the piss out of the supporters saying "I promise" while he's clearly lying through his teeth and acting as FSG's human shield. Disgusting. 

Yes because we clearly can't improve upon Adrian taking up an uncessary space on the bench. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

I think this is the signing that @Bruce Spanner's contact was hinting at last week.

Surely the saviours of football, Man Utd fans, will be up in arms at the egregious use of money. 

I doubt it, I think this has come out of nowhere and they are prepared to throw everything at it as it meets the need to get the fans excited and makes them seem relevant on the international stage.

Like I said, no idea who the signing would be, only that their accounts were told to create a new player account.

My thinking would have been Trippier, but genuinelly have no idea beyond a guess.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The idea that we can't be improved is nonsense. Were skint accept it, we will buy when we sell. We will buy big when we sell big. It is what it is.

I don't think he means we literally can't be improved, it's a combination of factors (money and value being some of them.).

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The idea that we can't be improved is nonsense. Were skint accept it, we will buy when we sell. We will buy big when we sell big. It is what it is.

Look, Klopp and I quote "promises" we'd sign a player if we were interested. What else can he say to prove that the club aren't just hamstringing him? This is getting ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think that might be the current situation, which is understandable. 

I don’t think it was in the past. Yes, Coutinho bought VVD and Alisson but he didn’t buy Salah, Mane, Fabinho, Keita, Ox etc. 

I suppose if you look at it in numbers, we are covered up front. 

First choice of Mane, Salah and Firmino. 

Second choice of Jota, Origi, Minamino

Emergency of Elliot & Ox. 

It’s the fact Origi and Minamino aren’t good enough which is the issue. Even a

Jota type upgrade on either of those would be hugely beneficial. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1