You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Unfortunately you’re probably right.

Still, I don’t think stylistically he fits them.

I agree re the style of play question. My guess is that he's been bought with the CL in mind, where he has a ridiculous scoring record, and he'd be used sparingly in the league. And, of course, it's the big one that still eludes P£p the Ch£que at City, which must be driving him insane (if he isn't there already). 

He wouldn't be a replacement for Silva. I think that was Torres, seemed to squeeze him out of the reckoning. Maybe they realised he's a twat.

Ronaldo would be a very profitable and effective placeholder for Haaland or Kane, doubt he'd ever appear outside of CF.

5 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

At some point Ronaldo will age like a mortal and stop scoring, and I fully plan to use that moment to argue he's been shit all along.

He's certainly no Le Tallec (Or Pongolle). 

7 minutes ago, Justice Negs said:

A casual £77m in transfer fee and wages for the last two seasons of a 36 year old's career.

It's absolutely disgraceful how some question whether Pep's galaxy brain football genius isn't the only contributory factor to City's success.

So you think other influences might come into it?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

With only ourselves (and maybe Chelsea) standing between the triumph of footballing evil.

Lineker is an utter cunt these days. (Possibly always has been & I never saw it). 

And surely those 100's of millions of fans walk away from Citeh once Ronaldo fucks off? 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

With only ourselves (and maybe Chelsea) standing between the triumph of footballing evil.

I guess bad form and dropped points will be happening a fair bit less with him added to their side. If we do have a good chance for the league again though a load of fans across the country will probably make out like we're the footballing evil again instead. And Lineker is in total clown territory with that tweet either way.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Unfortunately you’re probably right.

Still, I don’t think stylistically he fits them.

I agree with your style point and, perversely, having him in the side might actually hinder them in the games they play against sides capable of pressing them hard. But for 90% of their games they can manage full control without him breaking a sweat. 

42 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The concept of Chelsea standing in the way of Footballing evil is comfortably the most fucked up thing I have seen today.

• Upvote 3