You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

11 hours ago, Dave D said:

Fair enough but you cant expect to win everything every season given the insane spending power that exists in the Top Flight. I think we may win the Premier League this season and would only view our squad as being one bench player short, which we may or not address yet. I don't call a four year spell of winning and challenging for the very top honours, with players winning top awards, a flash in the pan. .

We've been building steadily towards this since Rodgers left.

If you cant sit back and relish and enjoy our recent seasons and feel optimistic given our current manager and players your essentially on a hiding to nothing.

Ive got no expectations to expect to win, I do have expectations to compete and to push our rivals all the way.

Which means not throwing competitions by sticking kids and second stringers out in League Cup and FA Cup matches to protect the first 11. Which means not having to wrap certain players in cotton wool like an antique vase because we have no suitable backup to come in and pick up the mantle.

If you ask me we arnt even trying to compete in the market. We've simply held our hands up and said "we haven't got the money other clubs have" and have simply, seemingly given up.

What about our manager? One of the most if not the most, charismatic, inspiring guys in the modern game. True world class. Maybe players would take a lower wage to come here and work with him? How would we know that if we are not in any of the conversations? Fair enough if a player wants money more than anything, then he's not right for us, hence why the talk of the Lukakus and Mbappes don't worry me at all.

But you seriously don't think we can't find an upgrade on Shaqiri? Origi? Minamino? Milner?

For years fans said "We don't need a backup striker because no one can break into our front three" and then Jota came in and dispelled that myth immediately.

You want competition all over the park if you want sustained success and to keep on being in the mix. I don't think we will win it this year barring some particular scenarios playing out but we will have a shot because of our boss.

But we only have him for two years, which I'm afraid to say will pass by like lightning. yeah enjoy the moment, but when Jurgen's gone, these pretenders in charge and our fan base will still be here.

23 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Its next summer will be the big transfer window for us.

Its all utter horseshit mate. The Club tell you what they want you to hear. Its clear they feel they don't need to spend and so spin story after story, whilst announcing new deals and flogging fringe players.

Next summers market won't be any easier, it never is.

2 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Atletico stealing Cunha for 25 million Euros. Unbelievable signing at that price we should have been all over that. We'd have had our striker for Klopps duration. 

Anyways.

Moriba going to Chelsea apparently. Unbelievable talent aswell. 

Pedri available

Fati available

Camavinga available

Money not available

Posts like this absolutely ruin this “arguing for the sake of arguing” thread. 

for-shame JohnJi, for-shame. 

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ive got no expectations to expect to win, I do have expectations to compete and to push our rivals all the way.

Which means not throwing competitions by sticking kids and second stringers out in League Cup and FA Cup matches to protect the first 11. Which means not having to wrap certain players in cotton wool like an antique vase because we have no suitable backup to come in and pick up the mantle.

If you ask me we arnt even trying to compete in the market. We've simply held our hands up and said "we haven't got the money other clubs have" and have simply, seemingly given up.

What about our manager? One of the most if not the most, charismatic, inspiring guys in the modern game. True world class. Maybe players would take a lower wage to come here and work with him? How would we know that if we are not in any of the conversations? Fair enough if a player wants money more than anything, then he's not right for us, hence why the talk of the Lukakus and Mbappes don't worry me at all.

But you seriously don't think we can't find an upgrade on Shaqiri? Origi? Minamino? Milner?

For years fans said "We don't need a backup striker because no one can break into our front three" and then Jota came in and dispelled that myth immediately.

You want competition all over the park if you want sustained success and to keep on being in the mix. I don't think we will win it this year barring some particular scenarios playing out but we will have a shot because of our boss.

But we only have him for two years, which I'm afraid to say will pass by like lightning. yeah enjoy the moment, but when Jurgen's gone, these pretenders in charge and our fan base will still be here.

Love the way you want to get rid of the owners and our whole fan base.

39 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Love the way you want to get rid of the owners and our whole fan base.

We should just disband really. 

The middling fans comment was funny, especially after he’s called me a super fan in the past. 

Both comments are aimed as insults demeaning other posters level of support, inferring he is actually a better supporter than those who disagree with him. 

Part of what makes Liverpool great is our level of support, so IMO, thank fuck the majority don’t think like him. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Seems strange Juventus want rid of Ronaldo. 

Think the cost/benifit of this might be one of key reasons.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.24.02 PM.png

They won't renew his contract as it absurd given what problems he causes to cohesion so, I assume, he's looking for a new payday and they are quite happy about that.

33 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Think the cost/benifit of this might be one of key reasons.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.24.02 PM.png

They won't renew his contract as it absurd given what problems he causes to cohesion so, I assume, he's looking for a new payday and they are quite happy about that.

I really hope Alli and Virg don’t see what Juventus pay their equivalents. 

21 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I had Thundercats in my initial top 5 but couldn’t leave out Tom & Jerry, as I have fond memories of watching it with my dad, when I was little.

Never heard of it.

Not good enough I’m afraid. Tom & Jerry should have been in there. Fuck something else off 

• Upvote 1