You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Use some common sense knob head. Think about it. Why would a club let a regular highly valued first team player leave them without an obligation to buy. Its the equivalent of us letting van dijk go on loan to Juventus for a year. 

They are also about to spend another 40-50 million on other players. 

No one spending though. You and French knob head said so. 

Still not what I said. You literally have no capacity to be right about anything.

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Except they will be. Spurs fans are all pretty convinced he is their player for the next six years 

I mean if it doesn't work out.

Spurs aren't locked in to paying for Romero and Atalanta aren't locked in to paying for Demiral. 

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I wouldn't bother. Its a completely different breed of fan nowadays. One that is just happy for us to exist.

We are no longer run to win trophies, just to make money and that has transferred itself on to a large proportion of the fan base. Anything else is a bonus and comes from Jurgen's drive to succeed.

lets tune in six months from now and see how well this squad is doing when its had multiple games per week.

Not worth the argument.

Yes and in the case it goes wrong we can just quote Klopp saying buying more players and adding more numbers makes no sense and you'll say he didn't mean that and you and some others will live in the magical hypothetical land where Klopp never says what he believes.

So yeah, not worth the argument.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I wouldn't bother. Its a completely different breed of fan nowadays. One that is just happy for us to exist.

We are no longer run to win trophies, just to make money and that has transferred itself on to a large proportion of the fan base. Anything else is a bonus and comes from Jurgen's drive to succeed.

lets tune in six months from now and see how well this squad is doing when its had multiple games per week.

Not worth the argument.

Talk about entitled.

We went decades being mediocre winning nothing.

Player like Shaqiri were here 3 seasons from 2018 winning Champions League, Premier League, Super Cup and World Club cup (the club narrowly missing out on another Premier League and Champions League and Europa League in recent seasons)   

We are also not bankrupt or saddled with ageing players on huge salaries we cant shift (Origi maybe)

We then get derailed by a once in a generation Global Pandemic leading to a re-structure of finance for anyone but the mega bilionaires.

Yet we still have an excellent squad with every chance of winning trophies? 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Talk about entitled.

We went decades being mediocre winning nothing.

Player like Shaqiri were here 3 seasons from 2018 winning Champions League, Premier League, Super Cup and World Club cup (the club narrowly missing out on another Premier League and Champions League and Europa League in recent seasons)   

We are also not bankrupt or saddled with ageing players on huge salaries we cant shift (Origi maybe)

We then get derailed by a once in a generation Global Pandemic leading to a re-structure of finance for anyone but the mega bilionaires.

Yet we still have an excellent squad with every chance of winning trophies? 

Thats your opinion bud, not entitled at all. The Club was built from the ground up to win, not be flash in the pans. If you think wanting to win is entitled then it just goes to prove my point.

Jurgen may start the season eyes firmly on the prize but our fucking owners don't. Do you deny our owners are here to run a business first?

Do you know what ill ask the question Dave. What trophies are we gonna win? And more importantly what parameters will need to exist in order for us to pick up a trophy?

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes and in the case it goes wrong we can just quote Klopp saying buying more players and adding more numbers makes no sense and you'll say he didn't mean that and you and some others will live in the magical hypothetical land where Klopp never says what he believes.

So yeah, not worth the argument.

As I've said, middling support.

51 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The forward roll was Keane's dream move, ever since he was a kid.

I know a lesbian over here from Dublin that knows him from when he was a kid. He always used to knock round at hers with a football for a kick around. When he was signing and was saying he grew up wearing a Liverpool shirt I asked her if it was true and she said it was the case if he wasn't wearing his Manchester United shirt. 

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats your opinion bud, not entitled at all. The Club was built from the ground up to win, not be flash in the pans. If you think wanting to win is entitled then it just goes to prove my point.

Jurgen may start the season eyes firmly on the prize but our fucking owners don't. Do you deny our owners are here to run a business first?

Do you know what ill ask the question Dave. What trophies are we gonna win? And more importantly what parameters will need to exist in order for us to pick up a trophy?

Fair enough but you cant expect to win everything every season given the insane spending power that exists in the Top Flight. I think we may win the Premier League this season and would only view our squad as being one bench player short, which we may or not address yet. I don't call a four year spell of winning and challenging for the very top honours, with players winning top awards, a flash in the pan. .

We've been building steadily towards this since Rodgers left.

If you cant sit back and relish and enjoy our recent seasons and feel optimistic given our current manager and players your essentially on a hiding to nothing.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, I dont know why you hold the guy in such high esteem. He isnt altruistic. He's re started spending money on chelsea for his own benefit and pleasure, not to enrich other people's lives.

I don’t at all. He maybe a cunt, but I’m trying to leave personality out of this discussion as for all we know, other owners are cunts too… Also a fair challenge, not entirely altruistic, but the closest you can get in football context IMO. He spends money because he has loads of them and his sole focus is to get Chelsea to win trophies, not to make any money from the club. Managers get a season to prove themselves or they’re out. It’s working quite well for them and their fans as they regularly win trophies. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, I dont know why you hold the guy in such high esteem. He isnt altruistic. He's re started spending money on chelsea for his own benefit and pleasure, not to enrich other people's lives.

I assumed it was a joke.

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t at all. He maybe a cunt, but I’m trying to leave personality out of this discussion as for all we know, other owners are cunts too… Also a fair challenge, not entirely altruistic, but the closest you can get in football context IMO. He spends money because he has loads of them and his sole focus is to get Chelsea to win trophies, not to make any money from the club. Managers get a season to prove themselves or they’re out. It’s working quite well for them and their fans as they regularly win trophies. 

Well you're the one saying he may be a cunt and saying 'if we're honest with ourselves, we all want' an owner like him.

Fuck that no. I want 'my' club to at least have some principles rather than be some mega rich person's play thing. I know some people just want our owners to spend like abramovic but I wouldnt take any joy from that.

When you can just spend so much more money than others because you have an endless supply of it coming out of an oil or gas well, it all becomes like standing on ants because you can.

Abramovic doesnt give a fuck about the fans. He funds his team because like all egotists, he like the attention.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1