You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

45 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

That's the kind of thing that makes me think people just like transfers for transfers sake not because they're genuinely interested in the team.

It's become more important to spend the most or win the 'banter' wars than it has to actually play the game.

(Sorry for directing that at your post it's mainly a broader thought about the transfer window this was just a decent example of it).

No offense taken, mate.

I'm personally not that keen on transfers. History shows that clubs who don't make a lot of transfers often do better. I like it the old way, one or two solid additions every season to gel in with the team we already have.

My post was not a wish, just a speculation that made some sense to me.

I never understood why players retain agents when they end up taking a huge chunk of the fee for themselves.

Surely it makes better sense to pay a flat fee for a top law firm to negotiate your contract for you for a fraction of the cost of paying your agent.

Just now, CapeRed said:

Except it won't happen and you know it. 

If Madrid are prepared to spunk nearly 200m on a dude with a year left n his contract, and PSG come to us with something similar for a 30 year old, then I have no idea how the club would react to that offer. We're one of the 4 decent/good/great teams in this league, so CL qualification is pretty much sorted by default.

Do I think it will happen? No.

Is it possible that under the right circumstances that it could? Absolutely.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

First thing I thought. They must har someone else lined up 

Not convinced. Seems they’ve put all their hopes on Kane and have been priced out. 

If it’s one of the players I named, it’ll be hard to strike a deal this late.

Mbappe has been nailed on for Madrid for year (unfortunately), surely Haaland would have been 1st choice over Kane, I can’t see Bayern selling within the next week & I think Bayern would make a point of not selling to City. 

So that would only leave Ronaldo who’d be obtainable, but I can’t say it seems likely? 

That’s my hopes anyway. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Not convinced. Seems they’ve put all their hopes on Kane and have been priced out. 

Mbappe has been nailed on for Madrid for year (unfortunately), surely Haaland would have been 1st choice over Kane, I can’t see Bayern selling within the next week & I think Bayern would make a point of not selling to City. 

So that would only leave Ronaldo who’d be obtainable, but I can’t say it seems likely? 

That’s my hopes anyway. 

And they can fuck right off if they think we'd sell Origi to them.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

And they can fuck right off if they think we'd sell Origi to them.

Winning goals in CL Final…

Origi = 1

Kane, Mbappe, Haaland, Lewendowski = 0

£300m before we even consider picking up the phone.

• Upvote 10

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That’s my hopes anyway. 

Halaand was never a runner for them.

Pep Guardiola

Continuing their feud, Raiola decided to emphasise that he would not allow any of his players to join Guardiola’s City, having branded the manager a “scumbag”.

“Pep Guardiola, the coach, is fantastic. As a person he’s an absolute zero. He’s a coward, a dog,” Raiola said.

“He’s a classic priest. ‘Do as I tell you – don’t do what I do….’ If Manchester City win the Champions League this season it will emphasise what a good coach he is – but I’ll hate it.

• Upvote 1