You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

20 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

This team is always one or two injuries away from a disaster.

Look, what do you want? I know you're one of these people who takes absolutely nothing at face value, but Klopp has said and I quote: "it makes no sense to buy more players". I wouldn't argue if Klopp wanted another attacker but we already have Origi who isn't making match day squads, so we're simply not going to buy more without more going out.

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Look, what do you want? I know you're one of these people who takes absolutely nothing at face value, but Klopp has said and I quote: "it makes no sense to buy more players". I wouldn't argue if Klopp wanted another attacker but we already have Origi who isn't making match day squads, so we're simply not going to buy more without more going out.

Origi doesn't make squads because he is shit. 

You really think Klopp would continue to name two goal keepers on the subs bench if he had a decent striker to put there? 

Laughable

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Origi doesn't make squads because he is shit. 

You really think Klopp would continue to name two goal keepers on the subs bench if he had a decent striker to put there? 

Laughable

Congrats, It's way easier to argue a shit, clearly off the mark point if you just ignore what the manager literally says. 

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Congrats, It's way easier to argue a shit, clearly off the mark point if you just ignore what the manager literally says. 

No your point was that Origi can't get in the squad so why should we buy anyone else, perhaps forgetting that we had two goal keepers on the bench at the weekend. 

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I love Jurgen as much as the next guy, but I don't always take what he says on face value.

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

No your point was that Origi can't get in the squad so why should we buy anyone else, perhaps forgetting that we had two goal keepers on the bench at the weekend. 

That wasn't my point. I wouldn't mind buying someone else. I don't really care about Origi at this rate. My point is that Origi is already in the reserves and so would be another first team member if we bought an attacker. And given Klopp's pretty clear comments about the squad and his general style of man management, that doesn't sound like something he would want to do. So we would need another sale.

Was told earlier that Salah’s new contract has been signed but the announcement is being held back until 23:01 on 31st August. 

Apparently John Henry tapped his arse pocket and went ‘Cha ching’ when he ordered Klopp and Edwards to go along with the pretence.

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That wasn't my point. I wouldn't mind buying someone else. I don't really care about Origi at this rate. My point is that Origi is already in the reserves and so would be another first team member if we bought an attacker. And given Klopp's pretty clear comments about the squad and his general style of man management, that doesn't sound like something he would want to do. So we would need another sale.

If we signed another attacker they would be in the squad every week. 

Just now, Daisy said:

If we signed another attacker they would be in the squad every week. 

Yes, that's what I said. And then without a sale someone else would drop out and Klopp said he doesn't like when he has players he can't use and are unhappy. 

Just read what he says and the whole thing would be simple.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, that's what I said. And then without a sale someone else would drop out and Klopp said he doesn't like when he has players he can't use and are unhappy. 

Just read what he says and the whole thing would be simple.

Yes believe that everything that everyone says is true. 

We don't even have enough players to name a full list of subs yet supposedly Klopp is happy with our numbers.

That's before we start playing two games a week and the 6/7 injury prone players start picking up knocks or long term injuries. 

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

We don't even have enough players to name a full list of subs yet supposedly Klopp is happy with our numbers.

Klopp has been naming two keepers on and off since the 9 man bench was allowed, first time he did it it was seen as a subtle dig at the premier league for not also allowing 5 subs.

He had Woodburn on the bench against Norwich and could have put the likes of Williams, Phillips or Gordon on the bench against Burnley so it wasn't a case of being desperate to make up numbers.

• Upvote 1