You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Fucks sake, one world class attacker and our squad is in a great place all things considered.

Allison

Trent    Matip   VVD   Robbo

Fabinho Hendo

Thiago

Salah   Mbappe  Mane

Sub Options: Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Oxlaid, Elliot, Jota, Firmino

It doesn't have to be Mbappe (pie in the sky), but somebody legitimately world class (Haaland, Martinez, Dybala, etc.). If not that, somebody with a really high ceiling (David, Andre Silva, Andre Silva, Vlahovic, Leao) with Jota/Firmino as the starter in the formation above.

Ideally we need a CM too but we all know that aint happening. Just hope these cunts fund at least one fucking transfer.

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Fucks sake, one world class attacker and our squad is in a great place all things considered.

Allison

Trent    Matip   VVD   Robbo

Fabinho Hendo

Thiago

Salah   Mbappe  Mane

Sub Options: Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Oxlaid, Elliot, Jota, Firmino

It doesn't have to be Mbappe (pie in the sky), but somebody legitimately world class (Haaland, Martinez, Dybala, etc.). If not that, somebody with a really high ceiling (David, Andre Silva, Andre Silva, Vlahovic, Leao) with Jota/Firmino as the starter in the formation above.

Ideally we need a CM too but we all know that aint happening. Just hope these cunts fund at least one fucking transfer.

Would you say Martinez and Dybala are legit world class?  Who are the two Andre Silva's? 

54 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Would you say Martinez and Dybala are legit world class?  Who are the two Andre Silva's? 

He played for AC Milan, didn’t do much then moved to Bundesliga and has been doing well. People (me) call him the new Giovane Elber. 

• Upvote 3

In the 4-3-3 with inverted wingers/forwards and overlapping fullbacks that we play, there's very few players better equipped to play the role than Firmino.

People putting Haaland, M'bappe etc in that central position (besides the fact it's not financially viable), can't have seen us play much the last few years, nevermind M'bappe or Haaland. 

Requirements to play as our no 9/false 9;

1.Ability to press/start the press

2.Off the ball movement, create space for the wingers and overlapping fullbacks 

3.Ability to hold the ball up/interplay with wingers and midfielders.

4.Finishing/movement in the box

5.Pace to threaten in behind for variation of play

While both Haaland and Mbappe are better at 3,4,5 than Firmino, they simply dont suit that role. If we were to buy one of those it would be at the expense of our current style of play or one of or both Mane/Salah.

I absolutely love our current set-up, and it will be extremely hard to replace the production of that front three. I think Jota has an important role as well, as he's able to do both Firmino's and especially Mane's job to a good level. He'll probably score more than Bobby in that role, but I think it will be at the expense of Salah's/Mane's goals.

Anyway, great to have all our key players fit again, the crowds roaring and to have made such a good start! 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Why do we keep saying Firmino is the only one in the world suited for that role ? he has had Origi to compete with his whole career here. Im sure if Klopp had the chance to buy a real class player to compete with Firmino he would do it, he is even using Jota there and maybe Jota does not do all the flicks and no look goals (every 10 games) he is producing numbers Firmino could only dream of already pr minutes played. 

1 hour ago, lebron said:

In the 4-3-3 with inverted wingers/forwards and overlapping fullbacks that we play, there's very few players better equipped to play the role than Firmino.

People putting Haaland, M'bappe etc in that central position (besides the fact it's not financially viable), can't have seen us play much the last few years, nevermind M'bappe or Haaland. 

Requirements to play as our no 9/false 9;

1.Ability to press/start the press

2.Off the ball movement, create space for the wingers and overlapping fullbacks 

3.Ability to hold the ball up/interplay with wingers and midfielders.

4.Finishing/movement in the box

5.Pace to threaten in behind for variation of play

While both Haaland and Mbappe are better at 3,4,5 than Firmino, they simply dont suit that role. If we were to buy one of those it would be at the expense of our current style of play or one of or both Mane/Salah.

I absolutely love our current set-up, and it will be extremely hard to replace the production of that front three. I think Jota has an important role as well, as he's able to do both Firmino's and especially Mane's job to a good level. He'll probably score more than Bobby in that role, but I think it will be at the expense of Salah's/Mane's goals.

Anyway, great to have all our key players fit again, the crowds roaring and to have made such a good start! 

I agree Haaland and Mbappe wouldn't do anything like what Bobby does, but there's got to be someone who can do it better than Origi or Minamino.

1 hour ago, Justice Negs said:

If we do manage to shift Origi last minute and go for this lad at West Ham, Moyes is going to have a field day playing the plucky, abused underdog fighting off an unscrupulous apex predator.

Careful. You're getting a wee bit naughty there. He may have to give you a slap.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Has Pearce turned up yet to dispell any more transfer rumours?

I bet that cunt takes great delight in standing outside supermarkets to tell shoppers there's no bog roll or bread.

Bad news merchant.

I saw him outside B&Q once during the pandemic where it was collection only. He took great delight in telling someone they couldn't just walk in and but something.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Has Pearce turned up yet to dispell any more transfer rumours?

I bet that cunt takes great delight in standing outside supermarkets to tell shoppers there's no bog roll or bread.

Bad news merchant.

Hes a complete tosspot.

Never ever been a good journalist either, bog standard stuff. But he tows the line and does what he's told and takes great delight in his own importance.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

I reckon Haaland would score 30 league goals easily for us. Salah would still get his fare share. There's way to tinker with things to incorporate top players. 

Haaland has a clause coming into effect in the winter, I read. Although would imagine if Spurs don't play ball City will nab him. Or Utd planning for post-cavani.

If they don't, for £60m we should be in there.