You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's impossible to argue against signings, especially with the injury issues of some of our players, but I can guarantee what Klopp will say before the Chelsea game and it's that he has a selection headache because he has so many performing players. It's essentially what he said before the season started as well. 

That's because he's (allegedly) an FSG shill

7 hours ago, Freddo said:

Pretty sure afcon only rules them out of 2 games. Brentford and Palace. 

2 or 3 after a packed Xmas programme when you'd hope to rotate and with them gone we'll be struggling to do that and praying everyone is fit. When you're chasing 95-100 points, those matches might make all the difference. In fact I would go as far as to say if we can shrug our shoulders at those games, it's probably because we won't be in contention. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just sign Goretzka and Mbappe and put every cunt to bed for the next 3 years FSG you rounders shagging twats 

*I've more chance of getting a snatch shot off Kate Beckinsale I'm quite aware of that 

Theres some pretty good players who’s contracts run out in 12 months. Granted most will be renewed but players can now simply hold out for Bosmans. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

2 or 3 after a packed Xmas programme when you'd hope to rotate and with them gone we'll be struggling to do that and praying everyone is fit. When you're chasing 95-100 points, those matches might make all the difference. In fact I would go as far as to say if we can shrug our shoulders at those games, it's probably because we won't be in contention. 

I think most of us agree that we need to strengthen the squad. Seems that the trouble we're having is shifting origi. Maybe we sent him a message today by not including him. I personally think we'll be in contention for the title and that belief will be furthered should we get a good forward player in. 

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Am I the only one concerned about the right back spot? TAA is amazing and adds so much going forward. If he’s out we’re relying on Milner or Gomez (don’t think Williams is good enough).

The problem is we'd have to spend a fortune to sign an inferior player to come in as second choice. I think Milner and Williams are decent options as back up right backs. 

13 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

It sounds like Florian Neuhaus was our first choice for a midfielder, but he seem's unsure about joining us, It could be that he is holding out for a move to Bayern? 

Probably doesn't want to be on the bench most games. 

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The problem is we'd have to spend a fortune to sign an inferior player to come in as second choice. I think Milner and Williams are decent options as back up right backs. 

While I agree on the price front I’d feel better with another option there as Milner isn’t the quickest and Williams looks out of his depth. Have we got any up and comers in that position?

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Elliott has put a lot of my concerns to bed. Get Origi out the door and someone in and I'll be happy out. 

Although not 100%, I’m leaning that way.

I assume…

A 1st choice 3 of - Hendo, Fabinho, Thaigo.

A 2nd choice 3 of Ox, Milner & Keita.

Backed up by Elliot & Jones.

8 super talented players there for 3 positions. Not convinced we need to add to that. 

If we’re going to sign somebody before deadline day, I’d far rather it be up front.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freddo said:

I think most of us agree that we need to strengthen the squad. Seems that the trouble we're having is shifting origi. Maybe we sent him a message today by not including him. I personally think we'll be in contention for the title and that belief will be furthered should we get a good forward player in. 

I get the feeling Origi is one of those players who's won a CL, won league title, knows it's only down from here and he just isn't that arsed. I think he'd be happy to see his contract out with us doing his minor cameos. Unless we force the issue, I think he'll stay. We're only forcing the issue if we receive a decent bid for him. I suspect other side's must feel this too, because talent wise he undoubtedly improves lots of teams in this league and his wages aren't mental either. I just think other clubs must think his heart just isn't in it.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I get the feeling Origi is one of those players who's won a CL, won league title, knows it's only down from here and he just isn't that arsed. I think he'd be happy to see his contract out with us doing his minor cameos. Unless we force the issue, I think he'll stay. We're only forcing the issue if we receive a decent bid for him. I suspect other side's must feel this too, because talent wise he undoubtedly improves lots of teams in this league and his wages aren't mental either. I just think other clubs must think his heart just isn't in it.

James Pearce said that we’d accepted £22 million from Wolves a couple of years ago, but he didn’t want to go there so it didn’t happen.

Don’t think he will get a better offer than that, so agree he’s very unlikely to go.

46 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

James Pearce said that we’d accepted £22 million from Wolves a couple of years ago, but he didn’t want to go there so it didn’t happen.

Don’t think he will get a better offer than that, so agree he’s very unlikely to go.

I think he's turned wolves down twice. The summer the came up and last summer. I kind of understood the 1st time, they're a team coming up after years not in the top flight. But last summer I don't think things could have been clearer he was further than ever away from being trusted by klopp and wolves had done well since they came up. He just seems content being the fringest of fringe players in a team that challenges. I thought maybe when he did that scholarship he was leaving a bit of a legacy behind before he left, but clearly not! 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

What?

511B2400-9814-4D60-B81C-B02D51FEBC14.png

He's been telling his agent to parade him around to see if someone is interested. He fed information to this journalist in Spain he's close with that Ancelotti wanted him back at Real Madrid, only for Ancelotti to deny it. There were also reports he was offered to Man City. Basically, it seems like he's gagging to leave.

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's been telling his agent to parade him around to see if someone is interested. He fed information to this journalist in Spain he's close with that Ancelotti wanted him back at Real Madrid, only for Ancelotti to deny it. There were also reports he was offered to Man City. Basically, it seems like he's gagging to leave.

Mbappe’s replacement at PSG. They are going full Harlem Globetrotters.