You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

I think Klopp would be ashamed of himself if he never done anything to try turn Traore into a player. 7 goals for someone with his attributes is a disgrace to his sport. He could score 7 a game with the right directions.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

He lost 'my boy' status last season but he'd still be sensational if Klopp ever got hold of him.

That's what I think too. A good squad addition and a real threat off the bench in games where we need a goal. He gets double marked when he gets the ball for Wolves and that would create space for our other strikers.

And Jurgen did say he wants our play to have more of a surprise element..  

Something something soccerball, whoooo!

I love our central quarter half and the back office team, whoop!

*please let me stay on the FF, I'm sorry for all the nasty things I said about you blerts, please don't make me go back to the GF, please, it's worse than this place and that's saying something as half of you barely register as life forms*

Up the mighty liverbird reds, c'mon defence!

13 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

"How Arsenal signing Odegaard will save Liverpool millions" exclusive in the Echo coming up

There was a misleading headline of “Arsenal sign Liverpool target” in regards to Odegaard. You assume it relates to him having a look around about 7 years ago.

1 minute ago, El Dangerous said:

There was a misleading headline of “Arsenal sign Liverpool target” in regards to Odegaard. You assume it relates to him having a look around about 7 years ago.

I laughed at that yesterday as well. 

Just a shame that Odegaard and Varane have put >£80m in the Mbappe fund.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Something something soccerball, whoooo!

I love our central quarter half and the back office team, whoop!

*please let me stay on the FF, I'm sorry for all the nasty things I said about you blerts, please don't make me go back to the GF, please, it's worse than this place and that's saying something as half of you barely register as life forms*

Up the mighty liverbird reds, c'mon defence!

Fuck off to the MF.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I think Klopp would be ashamed of himself if he never done anything to try turn Traore into a player. 7 goals for someone with his attributes is a disgrace to his sport. He could score 7 a game with the right directions.

Why? Because he's fast?

The lad can barely kick a ball in a straight line. Our wide forwards are there to score the majority of our goals and people are advocating for a player who scores about 3 goals on average a season.

Traore would only be here to be dangerous in small doses as a depth player and then you gamble that he improves the other stuff because Klopp is a great coach. I don't think anyone ever wanted to pay a big fee for him or make him some focal point. People get genuinely offended when Traore's name is mentioned though, for some reason. Bit weird. 

Anyway, we're not signing him. And we're probably not signing anyone. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp won a title with an attack constituted of Lucas Barrios, Kagawa, Blaszczykowski and Kevin Grosskreutz. He very much has turned shit into wine. 

Nope, every one of those players had perfect attributes for the system he implemented.

• Upvote 1

I was surprised by Troare's stats- 12 goals in 176 club appearances since 2013.

He's clearly too big a gamble for a top 4 club-  they (we) will watch with interest as he signs for Spurs- does well there then it will cost mega money to get him 

1 hour ago, No2 said:

With his attributes? He’s an attacker & he hasn’t got the necessary attributes we want….. A goal scoring wide player. When teams play with 10 men behind the ball, as is often the case, it totally negates the only attribute he has, getting in on the counter with his speed, he can bring nothing else to the party & his final ball is shocking. Wolves we’re set up to play to his ‘attributes’. Very defensive & play on the counter & he was shite. Yeah, he can trouble teams but his final ball/decision making is fucking awful. 

43 minutes ago, Em City said:

Why? Because he's fast?

The lad can barely kick a ball in a straight line. Our wide forwards are there to score the majority of our goals and people are advocating for a player who scores about 3 goals on average a season.

I'm not advocating it, I think he's shite. Just have a sense Klopp looks at him and thinks I could a tune out if him.