You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Source?

My preference:

1. Adama

2. Bowen

3. Sarr

Adama would be my least preferred option. He's been around the block long enough now, he might pull out the odd worldy performance but it general, he's not good enough.

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Adama would be my least preferred option. He's been around the block long enough now, he might pull out the odd worldy performance but it general, he's not good enough.

He had a mediocre year last season. However, you’d struggle to find a more dangerous player in the league to bring on in the last 20 minutes of the game. You could argue Zaha, but that’d be it IMO.

• Upvote 1

I know MOTD were heralding his Watford numbers this weekend, but that Sarr’s end product looks seriously erratic whenever I’ve watched him. 

Can tie defenders up in knots but feels like plenty of nothing crosses not clearing the first defender or just aimlessly going straight to the keeper.

Would prefer Bowen out of that lot, although Sarr still has plenty of scope to improve, I think Bowen would be better from the get go. Still don't like the price for any of them. 

Would keep a careful eye on Eze's return from injury.

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Would prefer Bowen out of that lot, although Sarr still has plenty of scope to improve, I think Bowen would be better from the get go. Still don't like the price for any of them. 

Eze is more of a number 10 isn’t he?

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

That's where I am, although in terms of of getting supporters on there feet during a game (over suitability) the list is probably reversed.

Bowen most closely fits the brief of right sided attacking cover who can also play centrally to mirror Jota on the other side and has enough versatility to dove tail with all our other players, bit of recency bias but looking at his performance on Sunday he would be the most Liverpool type signing of the three.

Sarr would provide cover for both sides and has the pace and ability to beat a man.

Traore is arguably the more exciting of the three but also the one with the least versatility, may be harsh on him but so far he's proven an excellent head down runner with pace and power but needs to show more as an all round attacker. 

23 minutes ago, aRdja said:

He had a mediocre year last season. However, you’d struggle to find a more dangerous player in the league to bring on in the last 20 minutes of the game. You could argue Zaha, but that’d be it IMO.

An alternative view would be he's been mediocre every season apart from 19/20.

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

What was his output like from the bench for the Wolves team he struggled to get in to at times? Seem to remember them going with Podence, Neto and Jimenez before he cracked his noggin.

6 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

In fact never mind Shaqiri - I'd take playing Ox in the front three over any of them. Keep him in a cryogenic chamber until the Afcon.

With a brief of 'we want you in as understudy to Salah and 5th choice attacker to Salah, Mane, Firminho and Jota' who would people realistically want?

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

With a brief of 'we want you in as understudy to Salah and 5th choice attacker to Salah, Mane, Firminho and Jota' who would people realistically want?

Given the seasons Mane and Firmino had last time round, you'd be pitching it as "come and show these past-it shit bastards that you're better than them - plus they'll be gone next summer or the one afterwards anyway". Only probably a bit more respectful than that, like.

I think Doku has more to offer than any of Sarr, Bowen or Traore. Wouldn't be a like for like replacement for our current style of winger, but his pressing and ball carrying is ridiculously good and he makes a lot of good passes. He might even be able to do Bobby's role in the middle.

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Rather than flogging our best players all season - there should be better options available than Origi and Shaqiri in the market.

I know he's injured but a 'Neto' type signing would be ideal - and with the amount of games we have to play - losing Salah and Mane to the Afcon - also if any of them pick up an injury there would be a lot of potential game time available for someone good to come into the squad.

If Oirigi was any use Klopp would use him more to rotate with some of our main players unfortunately he's fucking shite.

24 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

What was his output like from the bench for the Wolves team he struggled to get in to at times? Seem to remember them going with Podence, Neto and Jimenez before he cracked his noggin.

Neto is another one I'd prefer.

39 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Eze is more of a number 10 isn’t he?

He played there a fair bit yeah, but he's not a playmaker, nor a classic supporting striker. Always thought of his play more in line with wider players in the league (sure he played out there too - although might have been more his job to move wide and support Zaha/Townsend as they cut in), think he just played centrally because Palace had to find a way to get any talent they had onto the field.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Rather than flogging our best players all season - there should be better options available than Origi and Shaqiri in the market.

I know he's injured but a 'Neto' type signing would be ideal - and with the amount of games we have to play - losing Salah and Mane to the Afcon - also if any of them pick up an injury there would be a lot of potential game time available for someone good to come into the squad.

If Oirigi was any use Klopp would use him more to rotate with some of our main players unfortunately he's fucking shite.

I like Neto but I think he falls into the same issue as the three previously mentioned so far, all of them are 'projects' in terms of consistent goal/assist threats and he's still coming back from massive injury, if he hadn't got that I think he would have been the target.

Djoku is likely to be up there expense wise (and could be more talented overall) but at the moment is just a raw outside threat. He's shown nothing yet that marks him out as having the ability to play centrally so he'd be a massive developmental player who also wants regular game time he's a solid year or two away from being ready for a move.