You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Hearing Pjanic is already in the UK, looking at a deal to join us. He's being advised by a former Villa striker and and a former striker of ours. 

You could say it's Pjanic on the streets of London, he's with Dublin, Dundee and looking to join our side. 

DAFE3CCA-1F0C-4304-A00F-D0DA8B3248E8.jpeg

Cheers for the update, Grizz.

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Hearing Pjanic is already in the UK, looking at a deal to join us. He's being advised by a former Villa striker and and a former striker of ours. 

You could say it's Pjanic on the streets of London, he's with Dublin, Dundee and looking to join our side. 

DAFE3CCA-1F0C-4304-A00F-D0DA8B3248E8.jpeg

Could life ever be sane again? I wonder to myself.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, elvis said:

Why the fuck would he go there  . Dear me

To be fair, he’s not set the lower leagues in England on fire during his loans. 

Been reading he’s been looking good in training since around March for us. He’s looked improved and stronger in pre-seaon. Deservedly made the bench on Saturday.

I’m sure I’ve read he’s out of contract next summer. Unless he signs a new one before we loan him, he’ll be off anyway.

On 12/08/2021 at 13:30, Scott_M said:

Senile old fuck. What relevance has this got to do with supporters or anything?

Awaiting for the replies from some of our highly esteemed posters saying FSG are taking a % of the fee or some other bollocks.

ADB17530-0C0C-4160-B40F-4524ED935676.jpeg

Last time Paddy was this upset was when the Owl got fucked off from here…

I was with Paddy all the way till he tweeted “I can honestly”

Patrick Barclay
@paddybarclay
I can honestly say that no tweet I’ve ever done has spawned such a massively ignorant response as the one about the confidentiality clause in the Harry Wilson transfer. To be fair, I expected it.

On 12/08/2021 at 13:30, Scott_M said:

Senile old fuck. What relevance has this got to do with supporters or anything?

Awaiting for the replies from some of our highly esteemed posters saying FSG are taking a % of the fee or some other bollocks.

ADB17530-0C0C-4160-B40F-4524ED935676.jpeg

I'm sure Liverpool won't mind removing the confidentiality clause Paddy, so long as you personally foot all the legal bills and accept the subsequent damages claims from Fulham, Wilson and his agent. In your stellar journalistic career, I'm sure you've saved a bob or two.

An interesting read. Hopefully Spurs don’t cave.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/17/harry-kane-tells-daniel-levy-stick-deal-let-leave-spurs-manchester/

My concern is Spurs historically do tend to cave at the end of windows.

Berbatov signed for the mancs on 1st September.

Modric signed for Madrid on 27th August.

Bale signed for Madrid on 1st September.

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Been reading he’s been looking good in training since around March for us. He’s looked improved and stronger in pre-seaon. Deservedly made the bench on Saturday.

I’m sure I’ve read he’s out of contract next summer. Unless he signs a new one before we loan him, he’ll be off anyway.

They loved him at Oxford

12 hours ago, Scott_M said:

He's out of contract but has the option of another year. A series of underwhelming loans and never being a regular for Wales have probably put paid to any half decent transfer fee the club probably wanted. 

Bit pointless him signing an extension from his perspective to be probably loaned again.

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/08/17/harry-kane-tells-daniel-levy-stick-deal-let-leave-spurs-manchester/

Seems counterproductive but what they shouldn't do, if they sell him late, is panic and try to spend the money in a rush.

It’s pretty fucking funny if he has been shafted by Levy over that extra week of holiday but I reckon that’s just self preservation. Surely even Kane isn’t that stupid. The best thing about this is it’s as damaging to Spurs as it is Kane. Levy might come away with his reputation as a shrewd negotiator but which top player will want to take his word for shit now? It’s all a wonderful shower of shit. It’s just unfortunate it will all end with City signing a world class player.

40 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Can you paste the whole article man? It's behind a paywall for me

1 minute ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Can you paste the whole article man? It's behind a paywall for me

I accessed in on Twitter and it let me read the whole thing. However, I'm the same for the paywall on here. Weird.

Anyhoo, a summary was...

• Kane believes he had gentleman's agreement to leave this summer if Spurs didn't qualify for the CL or won a trophy.
  • Man City's bid is more c.£125m than £100m.
  • Negotiations between City & Spurs have been ongoing for around a year.
  • Levy isn't negotiating any further and is refusing City's calls.
  • City expected to make one final push before deadline day.
  • Kane had an agreement with Levy to return late to training. Levy never told Espirito. Once it kicked off, Kane actually got himself back from holiday early.

It certainly reads like Kane's sources have leaked the story. It reads him in a very positive light. I just hope Levy sticks to his guns now.

• Upvote 1