You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

This place seems to he regarded as the most accurate for tracking salaries. It does have div on 60k and Adrian too. It has shaq on 80k, but apparently he agreed 70k euros at Lyon, maybe we have to pay him off a bit or that's his sacrifice to play? 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

I think we'll have to bite the bullet and take the £5m or so for a player worth three times that pre-Covid. 

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The amount of international football during a pandemic has been crazy. 

Supporters needs and players’ welfare have always been low on the list of priorities of the football authorities especially the international ones.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I’m sure there are some special regulations for elite sports people. 

If they were going to be quarantined for 10 days after every international break…

F47E6798-E865-440E-83DF-8118BBA1A8C0.png

Just before Xmas they’d miss…

Leeds A

CL

Palace H

Watford A

CL

Man Utd A

Arsenal H

CL

Southampton H

I can’t see it. 

If that is true its a season killer. No way it would happen.

5 hours ago, aws said:

I'm amazed that teams aren't queuing up for Nat because his wages can't be an issue. My bet is that Shaq and Nat will go at the end of the window and Div at the end of his contract. 

They will be, but are happy to wait and try and force our hand with a lower fee as we have no room for him, same with Origi and Shaq. Cheap or loan with a option to buy

7 hours ago, Chris said:

Bowen has been really good today. His Steve McClaren "island" hair rules him out for me though. 

Bowen is a good player. He’s better suited to us than Shaq, but not sure another wide attacker should be our priority at this point in time.

I'm not sure we have any further precise targets, more a general list of players of great interest who we will look for any sensible opportunities to move for. 

I'd say that list would contain the following among others but not Mbappe due to what must be vast wage demands:

Bellingham

Haaland

Bowen

McGinn

Sarr

Tielemans

Olmo

Gravenberch

Sanches

It looks like City and Chelsea will have possibly excused themselves from the Haaland chase by signing Kane and Lukaku, same for PSG with Messi, so it could be that Haaland has suddenly climbed up in our list.  I don't see him going to Spain. I see it as a straight choice between us and United, and perhaps my money is on United but Haaland may have a problem with them due to his father being ex City and his dad being emasculated by ex-United captain Keane. 

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm not sure we have any further precise targets, more a general list of players of great interest who we will look for any sensible opportunities to move for. 

I'd say that list would contain the following among others but not Mbappe due to what must be vast wage demands:

Bellingham

Haaland

Bowen

McGinn

Sarr

Tielemans

Olmo

Gravenberch

Sanches

It looks like City and Chelsea will have possibly excused themselves from the Haaland chase by signing Kane and Lukaku, same for PSG with Messi, so it could be that Haaland has suddenly climbed up in our list.  I don't see him going to Spain. I see it as a straight choice between us and United, and perhaps my money is on United but Haaland may have a problem with them due to his father being ex City and his dad being emasculated by ex-United captain Keane. 

You couldn't see Haaland at Bayern replacing Lewandowski or Real Madrid for Benzema?

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

Bayern's squad doesn't look as strong as normal this year, and Lewandowski is ancient. I don't rate Nagelsmann too highly as a coach either.

After a year of "underachieving" by potentially being drawn into a bit of a title race, Bayern's fans will be demanding Haaland be signed.

Not too shabby his record last year for an ancient man. 48 goals in 40 games for Bayern. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robert-lewandowski/leistungsdaten/spieler/38253/saison/2020/plus/1

• Like 1