You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

I know he's only a kid but I just don't see anything in Williams to even remotely suggest he'll make a half decent centre half.

He's incredibly timid and slow, his passing is poor, I see no composure. He's never going to make it, just get rid.

His passing is the best thing about him. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Arsenal have struggled with signings since Wenger's secrets run out. 

They also sacked their entire scouting team and now rely solely on Kia Joorabchian and his esteemed company to 'source' players for them.

They're a complete basketcase that's gone under the radar.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They also sacked their entire scouting team and now rely solely on Kia Joorabchian and his esteemed company to 'source' players for them.

They're a complete basketcase that's gone under the radar.

Didn't they buy a data analytics company who had previously been a kind of scouting as a service and they brought them in house? 

21 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Arsenal had the highest cash reserve of any club in football up to a few years ago on top of that they took out a 120 million CCFF loan and an additional Barclays loan to pay back that 120 million and posted losses of 27 and 47 million in their last two sets of accounts.

They bought their biggest signing on the catalogue and are paying back 50p a week for the next 3 hundred years. They have lots of shit players (and a few good young ones) on relatively low wages which still makes them overpaid when you consider performances.

Shithouse cunt

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Didn't they buy a data analytics company who had previously been a kind of scouting as a service and they brought them in house? 

Yeah, you're right.

So, they sacked all of their old scouts, brought in Joorabchian to help find them players, then realised they actually needed scouts so employed the company you mentioned which is still looking to employ said scouts on flexi contracts.

Seems like some joined up thinking...

From EDU ''I don’t want individual people working in one area or for one country. I want a group working together: less people with more responsibilities.”

Cool, Edu, cool.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I know he's only a kid but I just don't see anything in Williams to even remotely suggest he'll make a half decent centre half.

He's incredibly timid and slow, his passing is poor, I see no composure. He's never going to make it, just get rid.

Me neither, but of him and Phillips it makes the most sense to keep Williams even if long term they don't see him having a career here.

Both are probably better suited to low block teams and playing them means our defensive line has to drop deeper which in turn has an impact on our attacking set up (as seen last year) but Phillips has the value which will only drop the less he plays (and he probably wants to move on now he's had a taste of first team football).

59 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, you're right.

So, they sacked all of their old scouts, brought in Joorabchian to help find them players, then realised they actually needed scouts so employed the company you mentioned which is still looking to employ said scouts on flexi contracts.

Seems like some joined up thinking...

From EDU ''I don’t want individual people working in one area or for one country. I want a group working together: less people with more responsibilities.”

Cool, Edu, cool.

What had edu done before to get this job? It seemed to me just a jobs for the boys - or did he have some expertise?

5 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Hearing rumours of something big happening in the next 12 months. Keep it on the forum but my sauces tell me we are going to have a big summer next year. They also said we might not and we’re keeping our powder dry for when Klopp leaves and we really need to spend. They also tell me squad management is playing a big part and pathways can’t be blocked. Feel free to quote me in 12-36 months time. Things change all the time though so don’t quote me.

Don't trust a word they say mate they look shifty as fuck

3572.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

On 13/08/2021 at 15:16, Chris said:

Man it’d be grim as fuck if Gerrard, with Rangers as his only previous experience, was the successor to Klopp. 

Gerrard could have done 3 years managing the greggs in St. John’s market prior to joining us and I’d still be buzzing for it

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Hopefully Not Phillips finds a club this week, feels a bit shit him being back to reserve level in our squad. Bloke deserves more than that after what he did for us last season.

But we pay him about 10p a week or something don't we. Last season hopefully provides the lad a platform to get a life changing contract. 

• Upvote 2