You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

17 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Lazy comparison but he probably compares with Mane at a similar age (although more well known and more highly rated).

He was 18 last season - he compares favorably to both Mane and Salah, and is already playing at a higher level than either of them did.

43 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Doku wouldn't be a centre forward for us, he'd play wide.

Like Mane and Salah who’ve scored around 20 a season for the past 4 years? The point stands.  No more forwards who don’t know where the goal is. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Playing in the top team in the world at 18 years old. Drew the pelanty against Italy.

Don’t know how much we need a young developing winger right this minute. Especially when our options at CF are Bobby who’s been off form for two seasons and Origi. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Don’t know how much we need a young developing winger right this minute. Especially when our options at CF are Bobby who’s been off form for two seasons and Origi. 

He played on the left v Italy. I only saw a part of the game but apparently he was electric in the 2nd half.

If he can play wide, Mane, Salah & Jota are all capable of playing through the middle. 

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

Like Mane and Salah who’ve scored around 20 a season for the past 4 years? The point stands.  No more forwards who don’t know where the goal is. 

I think we'd tweak the system a bit if we were gonna bring him in, he doesn't profile anything like Salah / Mane / Jota. (Or Firmino.)

That said I don't think we're actually in for him, not unless we get rid of both Origi and Shaqiri.

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Senile old fuck. What relevance has this got to do with supporters or anything?

Awaiting for the replies from some of our highly esteemed posters saying FSG are taking a % of the fee or some other bollocks.

ADB17530-0C0C-4160-B40F-4524ED935676.jpeg

He's a fucking dickhead. I don't know why he's ever been held in high esteem by fellow journalists when he just writes complete and utter drivel and every opinion he has on the game and players are completely stupid. 

He just reminds me of some posh/upper middle class person who has only just got into footy. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Senile old fuck. What relevance has this got to do with supporters or anything?

Awaiting for the replies from some of our highly esteemed posters saying FSG are taking a % of the fee or some other bollocks.

ADB17530-0C0C-4160-B40F-4524ED935676.jpeg

He's a fucking idiot. Does he know there are at least 3 parties to the 'confidentiality clause,' Liverpool, Fulham and the player soagreement will need to come from all parties? What purpose does this fuck thinks will come about for disclosing it? Why should Liverpool's or Fulham's transfer policy and fees etc be published? Does he ask the same of chelsea, arsenal spurs, manchester city and united?

While he's at it, why doesnt he disclose to us all how much he gets for his shit musings from any outlet that publishes them? Oh, that's different I guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think we need a quick wide player who can beat his man. Mané doesn't look the same to me, his form was horrendous last year and he hasn't looked all that great in preseason. His confidence looks shot. We have to prepare for the future with all our front three approaching 30. Mané and Salahs pace won't last forever so we need quick players coming through.

The Origi project hasn't worked and we need to sell him this summer. He's just not good enough and he isn't even young anymore. Bring in the Doku kid, it's worth the gamble, he might really progress in the next few years under Klopp. Along with Elliot, Jones and Gordon. We could be in a really good place in a few seasons in terms of young players

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He's a fucking idiot. Does he know there are at least 3 parties to the 'confidentiality clause,' Liverpool, Fulham and the player soagreement will need to come from all parties? What purpose does this fuck thinks will come about for disclosing it? Why should Liverpool's or Fulham's transfer policy and fees etc be published? Does he ask the same of chelsea, arsenal spurs, manchester city and united?

While he's at it, why doesnt he disclose to us all how much he gets for his shit musings from any outlet that publishes them? Oh, that's different I guess.

I think the word you are looking for here is...shithouse cunt.

50 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He was a very good Starship Captain.

33 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I think we need a quick wide player who can beat his man. Mané doesn't look the same to me, his form was horrendous last year and he hasn't looked all that great in preseason. His confidence looks shot. We have to prepare for the future with all our front three approaching 30. Mané and Salahs pace won't last forever so we need quick players coming through.

The Origi project hasn't worked and we need to sell him this summer. He's just not good enough and he isn't even young anymore. Bring in the Doku kid, it's worth the gamble, he might really progress in the next few years under Klopp. Along with Elliot, Jones and Gordon. We could be in a really good place in a few seasons in terms of young players

I don't know what you've been watching in preseason but Mane has looked lightning.

• Like 2