You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Listening to the Red Agenda Podcast where both pearce and Hughes are waxing lyrical about Liverpool in preseason.

They are asked for their Premier League predictions and Pearce says second and Hughes says third!

:D

Ahhh from reigning European and League Champions to scraping a top 4 finish.

What a time to be a red Supporter.

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Am I alone in thinking that Tammy Abraham would be a good shout? He's only 23 and he's on 70 odd league goals (I know some are in the Championship) in 160 odd league games. I think Klopp could get a tune out of him.

Scores goals but lacks the quality in build up play to be a striker Liverpool would consider I think.

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Am I alone in thinking that Tammy Abraham would be a good shout? He's only 23 and he's on 70 odd league goals (I know some are in the Championship) in 160 odd league games. I think Klopp could get a tune out of him.

Wouldn't mind Abraham. Would give us an option up top that we don't currently have, and haven't had since Crouch.

However, I suspect that the English tax between Premier League clubs would see his cost increase beyond the rumoured £34m that he'd cost Roma should he head to Serie A. This value coincidentally virtually matches the Market Value that Transfermarkt has him worth - £34.2m.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Deffo not alone, aRdja will be right with you! Good player bad fit I think. It’s weird that Klopp has given up on traditional no9’s though.  He always had one at Dortmund.

If we need another body in midfield, a bit of a left field punt could be Ryan Christie from Stig's lot north of the border. 

He's apparently interesting a few Premier League teams and should be relatively cheap due to his contract expiring soon. Watched the highlights of Celtic's game at the weekend and, the Japanese lad aside, he was the standout player. Three assists in the game. And two of them were top quality - an inch perfect cross and a sublime through ball. 

He'd be relatively cheap. Get Shaqiri sold and bring him in. He'd definitely have re-sale value too if he didn't make the grade. 

48 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

316BA22A-6A5B-4827-962E-1F62582C642C.png

I really don't get this move. The one things are wingers do in the system is score goals. I know the lad is young but 8 goals in 74 games in Begium and France and 2 in 10 for Belgium. Not watched that much of him so maybe his numbers don't tell the story but from what i have seen its pacy winger no end product vibes

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If we need another body in midfield, a bit of a left field punt could be Ryan Christie from Stig's lot north of the border. 

He's apparently interesting a few Premier League teams and should be relatively cheap due to his contract expiring soon. Watched the highlights of Celtic's game at the weekend and, the Japanese lad aside, he was the standout player. Three assists in the game. And two of them were top quality - an inch perfect cross and a sublime through ball. 

He'd be relatively cheap. Get Shaqiri sold and bring him in. He'd definitely have re-sale value too if he didn't make the grade. 

Nah nowhere near good enough for Liverpool mate. A Palace/Southampton player yeah but not us. Hope he stays at Celtic.