You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I’m by no means making a case for not signing another first team ready midfielder considering the injury proneness of the ones already here. I’d throw the bank at Bellingham but I reckon if £50m would get him he’d be a City/Chelsea/United player by now. No chance we’d go higher than that. All the signs point to Klopp having his heart set on Neuhaus and we all know he’s willing to wait.

Think Bellingham would be about 80-90 million. He's incredibly good.

He makes sense in every way. I'm no FSG fan, but I could see us going for him next summer. It might be funded by Sadio or Mo though. By all accounts he is a lovely kid. That's the kind of thing that Jurgen will have heard. I do agree the other clubs will be all over him. I actually think this summer is the year to pounce because it's not beyond the realms that we could be in a bidding war for him that pushes his price above 100 million next year and then he becomes unreachable. Only saw Neuhauas once ao can't comment.

Gini was a top midfielder. The kind of player that every trophy chasing team needs. Fabinho is a better player. Hendo is probably the same class as Gini on the pitch but off the pitch he is possibly the biggest influence at the club. On Thiago, I actually thought he was terrific in the final few games of last season. He looked like the player I dreamt off when we signed him.

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Does anybody think we won't bring anyone in. I'm 100 percent certain we will.

I was hopeful before the window closes we would - as not replacing Gini is madness.

After reading the Pearse article from the Athletic I’d say it’s looking like we won’t sign anyone. 

2 hours ago, Mark M said:

I was hopeful before the window closes we would - as not replacing Gini is madness.

After reading the Pearse article from the Athletic I’d say it’s looking like we won’t sign anyone. 

The same Pearce who said we were signing nobody last season ??