You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

16 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

On Naby Keita:

Jurgen Klopp genuinely still believes in Naby Keita. Keita himself hasn’t shown any interest in wanting to move. He’s happy at Liverpool. He wants to prove himself. [the athletic]

120k a year to stride around the pitch for about 200 minutes a year of course he's fucking happy the leaning back bastard stay fit and start playing footy you bastard 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, No2 said:

The sell to buy stuff doesn't stand up to scrutiny. In Klopps 5 years we have done it once and that was only after finally had enough of Coutinho's shit. We bought Alisson and Virgil with that cash but we were buying VVD the previous summer but for the Blackpool incident.

We will look to balance the books but mainly through under age players, there is no evidence, only speculation that Manè or Salah would be sold to facilitate the next young thing.

If we didn't sale Coutinho we wouldn't have bought VVD or Allison.  There's no way we'd spend that kind of money without selling a player for a similar value.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We do once bonuses are taken in to consideration.

All our 'big' players earn around 150/200 basic with performance related clauses for success, so they'll make at least near 300 in successful seasons, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Plus there's all the sponsor renumeration that's tied in that other clubs don't do the same as us.

We do things differently, on a sliding scale, but we are paying similar, if not the same to our top players.

Not winning trophies saves Liverpool millions.  No wonder FSG are happy just for top 4 if that's the case.  Presume we wouldn't be paying out top whack in clauses just for top 4.

• Upvote 1

Have the full quota of non homegrown players but gave Adrian a new contract and wanted £20m for Origi at the start of the window.  

Also they were fully aware of this in May. They also have the option of not registering Origi or Shaqiri to bring someone else in who will contribute more than them. We also refused loan deals for Tsimikas from Napoli. 

If I was cynical I'd say its another convenient excuse not to spend money.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

120k a year to stride around the pitch for about 200 minutes a year of course he's fucking happy the leaning back bastard stay fit and start playing footy you bastard 

A week you mean...

He's fucking useless and I'm looking forward to him having his usual couple of months out then not playing whilst fit because he needs time to readjust even though he's already been here 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

Tsmikas made sense

The one that didn't was Adrian. I know Klopp thinks he's a good influence on the dressing room but using a quota spot on a 3rd choice keeper is crazy. Should have dumped him and brought in a 36+ year old Home grown keeper. Even a Championship level keeper would have done. 

Teams know we need to get rid so will wait till deadline day with loan offers amd we will say no time to get a replacement 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Have the full quota of non homegrown players but gave Adrian a new contract and wanted £20m for Origi at the start of the window.  

Also they were fully aware of this in May. They also have the option of not registering Origi or Shaqiri to bring someone else in who will contribute more than them. We also refused loan deals for Tsimikas from Napoli. 

If I was cynical I'd say its another convenient excuse not to spend money.

Adrian can still be removed up till the final date anyway.  I think he can still play in Cups if not registered.  He wasn't worth another contract regardless.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd rather have Andy Lonergan back than keep Adrian. Talking of shite keepers, when are we showing the door to the other useless cunt Karius? Another unflushable turd!

I was watching one of those Inside Anfield videos on YouTube of a training session this week and he was in goal and swear down didn't get near any of the shots, on target = goal. I started to think is this on purpose, part of thectraing in which he's told not to save anything for some reason. Then I realised he's just crap.

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

I was watching one of those Inside Anfield videos on YouTube of a training session this week and he was in goal and swear down didn't get near any of the shots, on target = goal. I started to think is this on purpose, part of thectraing in which he's told not to save anything for some reason. Then I realised he's just crap.

He builds confidence in training our players feel like they can score everytime they hit the target and Allison feels like spiderman in comparison.

This full-quota excuse is a load of bollocks. Let's say we want two players, Saul and Vlahovic for arguments sake. Surely we are not going to let the opportunity pass just because we can't get every penny we want for Shaqiri and Origi? Irresponsible if we do. 

I think the most likely outcome is we will sell those players in the last day or two or deadline day and then bring in at least one signing.  

7 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

This full-quota excuse is a load of bollocks. Let's say we want two players, Saul and Vlahovic for arguments sake. Surely we are not going to let the opportunity pass just because we can't get every penny we want for Shaqiri and Origi? Irresponsible if we do. 

I think the most likely outcome is we will sell those players in the last day or two or deadline day and then bring in at least one signing.  

Or you just send them out on loan. 

25 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

I remember us doing the same in the 90’s while other teams were bringing in quality from abroad without giving a fuck and we were miles off the pace. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

This time next year....

James Pearce with the lowdown 

On incomings:

Liverpool currently have the full quota of 17 non-homegrown players in their squad of 25. That’s why further outgoings before there are any more incomings isn’t just about money, it’s also about making space.

There’s an acceptance among the club’s hierarchy that the squad needs to be refreshed - expect that process to really step up a gear in 2022. They can’t allow too many of the players to grow old together.

On Divock Origi:

Back in January Liverpool were after £20 million for Divock Origi but they would take £15 million now.

On Harvey Elliott:

Harvey Elliott will stay put this season. He’s been great in pre-season. Klopp loves versatility in players and that’s why he’s experimented with the 18-year-old in an advanced midfield role.

On Jordan Henderson:

For Jordan Henderson, this isn’t about money but about feeling wanted. He wants Liverpool to see him as still being absolutely integral to the team beyond 2023. Clearly, what’s currently on the table [contract] doesn’t suggest that’s the case.

On Naby Keita:

Jurgen Klopp genuinely still believes in Naby Keita. Keita himself hasn’t shown any interest in wanting to move. He’s happy at Liverpool. He wants to prove himself. [the athletic]

Fucking knew it wouldn't be long until the Next Summer is the big one bullshit. Fed up of the same shit every transfer window. 

• Upvote 1