You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

Who determines value in the market. I cant see next window suddenly being super cheap. Are we going to spend our time identifying what we need then just waiting until their contracts run out so we can get them cheaper but in the mean time we write off seasons. I cant help but think if you're a legitimate business man this is very quickly becoming a bad business to be in, unless you're an agent. Its systemically broken. Theres no value  in the market because there's no value, kids are expecting 50 grand a week, players who where nobodies until you bought them have a good season then demand a 50 percent payrise. Its not FSG that needs changing its the game.

8 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The amount of people clinging on to the hope that Keita will "come good" is alarming. Why would anyone think this season will be any different to the previous three? 

I certainly don’t watch football for a chilling dose of reality. It’s the possibilities that keep us going, let us dream!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The amount of people clinging on to the hope that Keita will "come good" is alarming. Why would anyone think this season will be any different to the previous three? 

My arse is starting to go over transfers if we dont sign anyone and city add Kane we are fucked if we are relying on fitness of Keita over a season to catch them.

4 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

My arse is starting to go over transfers if we dont sign anyone and city add Kane we are fucked if we are relying on fitness of Keita over a season to catch them.

Kane is as equally injury prone as Keita. If (and it's a big if) City jib Bernardo Silva i think that will weaken them. I still think a Kane who's only fit for half a season would bag plenty of goals for them though. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we start the new season with the squad we have now. It's the business model that the owners aspire to and if there are no further outgoings then i cant see anyone coming in.

54 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Kane is as equally injury prone as Keita. If (and it's a big if) City jib Bernardo Silva i think that will weaken them. I still think a Kane who's only fit for half a season would bag plenty of goals for them though. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we start the new season with the squad we have now. It's the business model that the owners aspire to and if there are no further outgoings then i cant see anyone coming in.

Honestly without checking I’m calling bullshit on this bit. If Kane was as injury prone as Keita then he must be as good as Messi to be putting those numbers in. The hope is that his injury problems get worse and he becomes as injury prone as Keita but even when not getting a game Keita seems to pick up his fair share of injuries.

I’m not arsed about what City do, add up the cost of their squad and ours and we’ve always been at a massive disadvantage. Not to be all The Echo about it but our problems last year were losing our home game advantage, two massive personal tragedies to Klopp and Alisson, having our entire pool of centrebacks and best player ruled out for the season and losing our midfield as a consequence of that.

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Had to check that the Grealish headline wasn't a fake. They're definitely doffing their cap to this forum with all that. 

Most considerably richer than yow, Tory headline ever. ‘We’re throwing money at Villa and they’re giving you some of our crumbs’. Absolute shitehawks.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I only realised last night they've re-signed Ashley Young. 

That certainly went under the radar. I hope he's sorted his mental health problems out. Probably a decent back-up player at mid-table. Never going to be a starter there, though.

FSG will never bet the house on one particular player but of all the superstar players we won’t sign you can almost make a realistic go at signing Mbappe in this window. Barce and Real are strapped for cash. Chelsea should have Lukaku soon, United have already spent a small fortune, City will have Kane. There’s a world where we tie up all our star players to long term contracts, sell a load of deadwood, PSG get Messi then we throw the house at Mbappe in the last week of the window. What’s that Mo? You’re not happy that Kylian makes £100k a week more than you? Well take that up with Nike, he’ll only be here a few more years any way. Now put on your sombrero and go and do the Three Amigos photo shoot with Kylian and LeBron.