You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Messi is unbelievably wealthy if he makes choices now based on gathering as much cash as he can then fuck him. He's the best player in the world and I'm fairly certain his bank balance more than shows that, even if his tax statements wouldn't. If it's solely about being concerned  of no longer having a team that competes for the big trophies then join Liverpool, play for free and let's see what magic we can do! otherwise he can fuck off.

Can he press? 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

City and United will be very strong next season. And Chelsea.

Fuck.

Don’t worry we ‘might’ do something before the window closes.

possibly someone like that player from Bournemouth we’ve been linked with nobody’s heard of. 
If not this will definitely be the season Keita comes good for us…..

and I’d be doesn’t and gets injured next week we can celebrate hendo signing a one year extension to his contract. 

It’s a shame all our rivals are acting like big clubs if we pushed the boat out with this manager and squad we could cause real damage in Europe & the league. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

City and United will be very strong next season. And Chelsea.

Fuck.

All 3 of them got to a European final, got top 4 and have strengthened their attacks. Gonna be some achievement finishing top against these. 

Us and City are the two best sides and Jurgen is the best manager. I actually think our best eleven is the league's best.

Our squad is the comparitive weak point and our bench is the 4th best.

If we have luck with injuries, I would be hopeful we can win the league. The two Mancs and Chelsea are going to have a lot of players who went far in the Euros. That could hit them during the season.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Us and City are the two best sides and Jurgen is the best manager. I actually think our best eleven is the league's best.

If we have luck with injuries, I would be hopeful we can win the league. The two Mancs and Chelsea are going to have a lot of players who went far in the Euros. That could hit them during the season.

Agreed on the first 11. It’s the weak squad that’ll do us. In games we’re struggling in there’s nothing on our bench to carry a threat whereas with these, they’ve all got that bit of extra going forward that’ll get them a jammy last minute winner.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

That’s litterly our issue though. relying on luck instead of strengthening.

Before a ball is kicked this season we’ve lost iron man Gini who’s always available - we’re going into this season hoping Keita - Ox - Hendo - Milner & Thiago don’t have injury problems - all their recent history with injuries is bad & in the case of hendo and Milner getting worse every season.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Agreed on the first 11. It’s the weak squad that’ll do us. In games we’re struggling in there’s nothing on our bench to carry a threat whereas with these, they’ve all got that bit of extra going forward that’ll get them a jammy last minute winner.

Yeah a huge amount of luck will be needed. A wonderful eleven and Jurgen who is worth 3 Virgils should get us in the mix. I'm still hopeful we will bring in another first team quality player for midfield to replace Gini.

3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

That’s litterly our issue though. relying on luck instead of strengthening.

Before a ball is kicked this season we’ve lost iron man Gini who’s always available - we’re going into this season hoping Keita - Ox - Hendo - Milner & Thiago don’t have injury problems - all their recent history with injuries is bad & in the case of hendo and Milner getting worse every season.

I hoped that last season showed them that with the right clusterfuck, even the best 11 in the world could end up fighting for 4th. FSG aren't daft and while I'm sure they enjoy winning a league, that's their holy grail. I'll give it until the end of the window to see how it goes. I can't believe that such intelligent people wouldn't have learnt from last season.

You're right though, the midfield is like a grenade that could be this season's clusterfuck. Gini will be a massive loss on and off the pitch. That is where we need investment and ideally with someone young.

We love to play the poor mouth, but I'm still hopeful we bring in a midfielder. Depending on the likes of Ox or Keita won't end well.

I doubt the midfield will be addressed. They'll think we already have the numbers there.

The problem is the forward line because I think they want to do something but they have to sell Shaq first. If that doesn't get done, I bet nothing will happen because Origi is immovable and Minamino will probably get a second chance.

43 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Mane and Firmino were absolute dogshit last season and Gini has gone. So, I wouldn't be so sure about that... 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Still, Jack Grealish £100m. The world has truly gone mad. One of the easiest players in the league to kick into irrelevance... 

Grealish has apparently signed for £115m for 6 seasons. Comes out to almost £20m/season. Add that to his fee, which even amortised over 6 seasons rather than 4/5 as is usual, is still almost £17m/season.

So Grealish is costing them £37m/season total. Which is crazy!

A reminder that our most expensive player ever, Virgil, cost us just under £25m/season total cost.

Florian Plettenberg

@Plettigoal
·
Update #Shaqiri (due to many inquiries): Still no interesting offers for him. No negotiations with any club. His price tag remains around €10m. His salary demand is around €3-4m + add ons. He still wants to leave #LFC this summer. @SPORT1 

Said a few weeks ago i wouldn't be shocked if Origi and Shaqiri are still the back ups next year. Reckon teams are just waiting late knowing we need to trim off non homegrown slots to take them on loan

20 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Still, Jack Grealish £100m. The world has truly gone mad. One of the easiest players in the league to kick into irrelevance... 

He creates loads of chances and he'll have more of the ball to do so there than he ever had at Villa as obviously Man City boss possession week in week out.

Sadly he'll improve them and make it even harder than it already is for us to try and top them.

We can hopefully do something to help oursleves by improving our squad, especially the ticking time bomb that i think is likely to be our achilles heel - our midfield....

The loss of Wijmaldum is huge, he was our most reliable and durable player in there - just look at his appearances year on year...relying on Keita/Milner/Jones to share/replace those minutes is in my view not a good idea, it does not lend itself to the stability, consistency and understanding needed and our first choice trio in there all have question marks over their ability to be fit week in week out.

I think going to Man City will be good for Grealish as he'll have to pass the ball more quickly and become more effective with it, rather than just dribbling around hoping to get fouled.  Still £100m is absolutely mental.  If Man City were going to spend a quarter of a billion quid on two players then Grealish and Kane is pretty much the worst way they could spend it really.

We are a player light in midfield and attack.  Basically we have to hope that Keita miraculously turns into the player we thought we were getting, and that we can swap Origi for someone good.  

Its the not the best video i have seen from them. They have done some interesting ones before where they have looked through all the data and come up with interesting transfers for teams

This ones better

• Like 1