You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I get what you’re saying on Chelsea, they operate on a different transfer level to us. 

I don’t think anybody is saying just signing Konaté is acceptable. I’m getting frustrated by the lack of activity, but we’ve been told it’ll sales first all summer. If we don’t strengthen by the end of the window, I’ll be pissed off as well.

I do think though, that with everybody back, supporters have forgot how good we actually are. As I’ve posted above, points wise, we were the best team in the league for 2/3s of last season. However, I do fully expect (and anticipate) 1 or 2 before September. 

I hope your right I wouldnt hold my breath. Klopp is on record previously about wanting to get players in early so he can work with them in pre-season as he finds it important to get players up to speed of whats expected - waiting till the end of the transfer window is already not doing the manager any favours. We're behaving like a corner shop counting the pennies when it comes to transfers. 

Whatever happened to wanting signings before the start of preseason so the manager can have the summer working with them? 

We’ve seen before how lots of signings have needed 6 months to get up to the required fitness levels/fully adapt to Klopp’s demands. 

We’re just holding ourselves back waiting so long. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Whatever happened to wanting signings before the start of preseason so the manager can have the summer working with them? 

We’ve seen before how lots of signings have needed 6 months to get up to the required fitness levels/fully adapt to Klopp’s demands. 

We’re just holding ourselves back waiting so long. 

I think its because Konate is the player Klopp/Edwards wanted. The sales so far will cover his fee. We are skint.

16 hours ago, Lee909 said:

England have 7 world cup qualifiers between Sep 7th and Nov 15th. 3 games in 7 days in early September

And that wet blanket, bottling prick Southgate doesn't care one iota about the condition he sends players back to their clubs in either. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Haaland is going to end up at United isn't he. Sobering how wealthy some clubs are. 

What I don't understand is that, on paper, United aren't more wealthy than us. Similar revenues, sure they have better gate receipts, but by the same token, they also lost more through Covid than us. We've kicked their arses in terms of prize money the last 4/5 years and our wage bill is estimated to be about £30m p/a lower than theirs.

Plus they've spent a fucking fortune more than us and recouped fuck all. And their fans are the ones causing riots about owners taking money out of the club?

Our owners could spend, they just don't want to, so they plead poverty and prattle on about sustainability and contract renewals.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Chris said:

What I don't understand is that, on paper, United aren't more wealthy than us. Similar revenues, sure they have better gate receipts, but by the same token, they also lost more through Covid than us. We've kicked their arses in terms of prize money the last 4/5 years and our wage bill is estimated to be about £30m p/a lower than there's.

Plus they've spent a fucking fortune more than us and recouped fuck all. And their fans are the ones causing riots about owners taking money out of the club?

Our owners could spend, they just don't want to, so they plead poverty. 

I thought uniteds revenues where massively larger than ours. I listened to a podcast saying we where on the path to overtaking them but then Covid came along and Uniteds deal with the devil remained uncompromised.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I thought uniteds revenues where massively larger than ours. I listened to a podcast saying we where on the path to overtaking them but then Covid came along and Uniteds deal with the devil remained uncompromised.

About £20m in it according to Statista. That's the most recent data I could find.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 12.09.46 PM.png

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Didn't they take out a loan of £140 million last year to fund transfers and increased their borrowing again by another £60 million a few months ago?

Messi is unbelievably wealthy if he makes choices now based on gathering as much cash as he can then fuck him. He's the best player in the world and I'm fairly certain his bank balance more than shows that, even if his tax statements wouldn't. If it's solely about being concerned  of no longer having a team that competes for the big trophies then join Liverpool, play for free and let's see what magic we can do! otherwise he can fuck off.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I agree.

I’d rather Shaq stayed and Minamino & Origi left. Shaq has undeniable quality, he’s shown it throughout his career, including the summer in the Euros.

Origi has only ever showed he can finish and nothing else. Minamino hasn’t even shown that.

I feel a bit sorry for Shaq in a way. He’s talented enough to play for Inter, Bayern and us (all 3 won the CL while he was in the squad) but the only place he’s been a regular starter is Stoke, who were clearly beneath him.

If you look at clubs in the Premiership, it’s hard to even see a club he’d fit into. He obviously has quality, but his style doesn’t fit into anybody. 

I know people criticise his work rate but I’ve never questioned it for us.

His lack of pace (compared to Mane & Salah anyway) has likely held him back from a truly world superstar career. 

Agree with all that.

Honestly i think its the best thing for them with the money situation what it is. Nearly 100ml saved on this alone. Shift Busquets,Pique Coutinho,Griezmann amd Umtiti for whatever you can get over the next year and you've freed up millions