You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

Thinking about how much city are prepared to pay for Kane makes me wonder why they don't just go and bring Haaland or Mbappe in instead. No matter what we think of them as a club they must be near the top of players wish lists to play for and £ 120m + must be tempting for both clubs based on their contracts. 

Halaand isn't a Pep player and Mbappe is literally not a possibility due to Qatar and Abu Dhabi both being cunts.

If the squad is going to be pushed hard this year, imagine next year. The season starting and ending a week earlier so they can push a world cup into the middle of it. Players will play up to 9 days before it starts and 8 days after it finishes before returning to club football and playing out the season. Then the Champions league will have to start earlier. 

Fucking disgraceful from FIFA taking the oil brides for a massive festival of sports washing and the rest of the governing bodies for not telling them  no. 

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If the squad is going to be pushed hard this year, imagine next year. The season starting and ending a week earlier so they can push a world cup into the middle of it. Players will play up to 9 days before it starts and 8 days after it finishes before returning to club football and playing out the season. Then the Champions league will have to start earlier. 

Fucking disgraceful from FIFA taking the oil brides for a massive festival of sports washing and the rest of the governing bodies for not telling them  no. 

Forgot about that being in the winter. Wankers 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Forgot about that being in the winter. Wankers 

Yep

Mon, 21 Nov 2022 – Sun, 18 Dec 2022. 

FIFA has confirmed the first two rounds of matches will kick off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom). Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knock-out round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm and 7pm UK time).

The shite that is international football is increasingly becoming a pain to club football.

More games in international breaks, often with ridiculous travel/turnaround affecting clubs at weekend after - tournaments affecting pre season more and more, even to point where some clubs can't field best players at start of season - tournaments in club seasons seeing players pulled away....and now a fucking winter world cup. 

The clubs need to start kicking back about it and how it affects them and their highly paid, expensively bought employees.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

The shite that is international football is increasingly becoming a pain to club football.

More games in international breaks, often with ridiculous travel/turnaround affecting clubs at weekend after - tournaments affecting pre season more and more, tournaments in club seasons seeing players pulled away....and now a fucking winter world cup. 

The clubs need to start kicking back about it and how it affects them and their highly paid, expensively bought employees.

Yeah this season theres a few international breaks with the players playing 3 games. Hopefully Southgate continues to not play our lads

44 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

England have 7 world cup qualifiers between Sep 7th and Nov 15th. 3 games in 7 days in early September

Brazil have still got 12 qualifiers left to play taking them up to the 29th of March, with another 2 games not even rescheduled yet. They have won every game so far, so hopefully they qualify as soon as possible and rest players near the end!

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

Brazil have still got 10 qualifiers left to play taking them up to the 29th of March. They have won every game so far, so hopefully they qualify as soon as possible and rest players near the end!

Yeah, but luckily Fabinho isn't a starter and Firmino may well be out the side soon the way he has played. Allison also is the back up if the copa line ups are to go by. Just a shame they have to travel. 

36 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Surely the logical thing to do would have been to push the World Cup and the next Euros back 12 months and set the 4 year rolling dates from these dates to allow teams and players more time. Some International teams haven't even started their qualifiers yet.

Can't you think of Uefa,Fifa and the football family for once. How will they feed their kids without the kickbacks

• Upvote 1

Found this gem on the Grealish thread on a Villa forum. Everton and Spurs….

•  
   1 hour ago,  VillaHatesMe said: 

Or it's that his ultimate desire is global superstardom rather than local legend, and it's more attainable at Man City than here. And while I'm not happy about it, I respect the choice, and frankly I'm somewhat ashamed of the way some fans are slagging him off for it. I've seen a lot of Villa fans -- here and elsewhere -- behaving just like the fans they mock today. It's a shame.

Expand  

"Local" is selling us short imo. We're one of the most storied clubs in English football. It's an amazing honour to be regarded as a legend and best ever player of a club like Villa, and I say that with the C&B specs off. Same goes to Everton and Spurs for example. 

• Upvote 1

From the same forum. We’re being replaced.

•  
   3 hours ago,  Mic09 said: 

The sad thing is, one day Jack will regret it.

Not sad for me. This week has been a rollercoaster but somehow I’m at the point where I’m more excited than I have been in 25 years of being a serious Villa fan, and I’m resigned to Jack going. It’s so weird. What a week! Like even more excited than I was when I stayed late on a Friday night at work to see MON arrive and sign at Villa Park, or when we won the League Cup in ‘96. I think outside of MU, MC, Chelsea and Liverpool (who I even think are on a down slope), I think we can be the number 4/5 team within a year or three. 

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

This 100%.

• Upvote 2

Appreciate Villa fans might be upset at Grealish leaving but he stuck around when they were in the Championship, kept them up and helped them secure their best finish in years. 

They are also getting a enormous fee for him.

Grealish obviously wants to win the big trophies, and why wouldn’t he? Simple fact is, he’s not going to win them at Villa.