You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

We're about 6-1 joint 2nd favourites with Chelsea for the title . City odds on. 

Given the lack of ambition in this window and the unlikelihood of any top signings I think sixes is way too short .

Chavs look much better bet especially if they can get Werner to put the round thing in the netty thing. 

In any event don't see City knocked off the their perch any time soon.  Fucking depressing. 

Xherdan Shaqiri says he is raring to go for Liverpool ahead of the new season and in an interview with the club’s website he did not mention leaving Anfield.

In an apparent change of tact, the Switzerland star now looks focused on winning major honours at Liverpool.

Only last week the 29-year-old attacker revealed his time at Anfield was coming to an end.

Shaqiri has been ripe for a transfer for the last 18 months, but the former Basel man said he was ready for a new challenge very recently.

It appeared his patience at Anfield had expired and with Harvey Elliott primed for a chance in the first-team after excelling at Blackburn last year, both Shaqiri and Divock Origi were tipped to make way.

Speaking to Corriere dello Sport (via Fabrizio Romano), Shaqiri revealed the Liverpool board had accepted his request for a “new challenge”.

“I told Liverpool board I feel ready for a new challenge,” said Shaqiri. “They accepted my decision and will now consider bids to sell me. Liverpool won’t stop me this summer.

“I’d love to come back to Italy, and I’d like to play for Lazio.”

But the Reds’ No.23 reported for pre-season training last week and Liverpoolfc.com have interviewed him.

Now, it’s clear they would have avoided all transfer talk, but his focus seems to be solely on Liverpool.

Asked how he was feeling, he said: “Good, good. I’m happy to be with the team again here. I’m looking forward to having a good pre-season and start a good campaign again.

“We had some holidays, the guys who were at the Euros or the Copa America. I’m a couple of days here and I’m trying to get 100 per cent fit again. I’m feeling good.

“It was a very good Euros personally and of course with my country. It was something historical what we achieved and it’s something special for my country. I’m very proud of this.

“It says to me the hard work I do every day and with my country. I’m very, very pleased and happy and proud, of course, to achieve this kind of thing. I hope much more is going to come.”

Asked if his exploits at Euro 2020 had lifted his spirits, he said: “I’m looking forward to the new season and hopefully we’re going to achieve what we want to achieve with this club.

“Our goal is always to win, to play for titles and to give 100 per cent on the pitch. Then we will see what happens. But, of course, we’re going to try everything to win.

“Obviously we have a few players who were injured, they are back and they give us [an] extra boost for sure. The fans are going to be back again, I think, and that also gives us another boost to try to achieve our goals this season.

“We know how Anfield is when we have a game and how they push us through the game and how many times we won the games or we came back with the fans – something special. Of course, it’s going to give us an extra boost.”

While Shaqiri is convinced Jurgen Klopp’s men can get back to competing for the title this season.

“Of course, yeah. We have [a] top-quality group and very good lads – this is also very important to have good characters. To achieve as a club, we need to stick together as a team.

“If we do that and if we give everything what we have with our talent on the pitch and fight together with the team then we can achieve a lot of things this season,” he added.

22 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Xherdan Shaqiri says he is raring to go for Liverpool ahead of the new season and in an interview with the club’s website he did not mention leaving Anfield.

In an apparent change of tact, the Switzerland star now looks focused on winning major honours at Liverpool.

Only last week the 29-year-old attacker revealed his time at Anfield was coming to an end.

Shaqiri has been ripe for a transfer for the last 18 months, but the former Basel man said he was ready for a new challenge very recently.

It appeared his patience at Anfield had expired and with Harvey Elliott primed for a chance in the first-team after excelling at Blackburn last year, both Shaqiri and Divock Origi were tipped to make way.

Speaking to Corriere dello Sport (via Fabrizio Romano), Shaqiri revealed the Liverpool board had accepted his request for a “new challenge”.

“I told Liverpool board I feel ready for a new challenge,” said Shaqiri. “They accepted my decision and will now consider bids to sell me. Liverpool won’t stop me this summer.

But the Reds’ No.23 reported for pre-season training last week and Liverpoolfc.com have interviewed him.

Now, it’s clear they would have avoided all transfer talk, but his focus seems to be solely on Liverpool.

Asked how he was feeling, he said: “Good, good. I’m happy to be with the team again here. I’m looking forward to having a good pre-season and start a good campaign again.

“We had some holidays, the guys who were at the Euros or the Copa America. I’m a couple of days here and I’m trying to get 100 per cent fit again. I’m feeling good.

“It was a very good Euros personally and of course with my country. It was something historical what we achieved and it’s something special for my country. I’m very proud of this.

“It says to me the hard work I do every day and with my country. I’m very, very pleased and happy and proud, of course, to achieve this kind of thing. I hope much more is going to come.”

Asked if his exploits at Euro 2020 had lifted his spirits, he said: “I’m looking forward to the new season and hopefully we’re going to achieve what we want to achieve with this club.

“Our goal is always to win, to play for titles and to give 100 per cent on the pitch. Then we will see what happens. But, of course, we’re going to try everything to win.

“Obviously we have a few players who were injured, they are back and they give us [an] extra boost for sure. The fans are going to be back again, I think, and that also gives us another boost to try to achieve our goals this season.

“We know how Anfield is when we have a game and how they push us through the game and how many times we won the games or we came back with the fans – something special. Of course, it’s going to give us an extra boost.”

While Shaqiri is convinced Jurgen Klopp’s men can get back to competing for the title this season.

“Of course, yeah. We have [a] top-quality group and very good lads – this is also very important to have good characters. To achieve as a club, we need to stick together as a team.

“If we do that and if we give everything what we have with our talent on the pitch and fight together with the team then we can achieve a lot of things this season,” he added.

Saving us millions 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Players wanting to face new challenges when they can't engineer a lucrative transfer shocker

• Upvote 1

Did we not get the most points last season in the first and third parts of it? 
We should have bought inJanuary and we should buy now obviously but we  are hardly suddenly shite are we. Others will strengthen and hopefully we should too Konate and Elliott here now and a few signings. Not an apologist as you all know just trying a little positivity. It helps my mental health.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Fabinho just signed new deal. So that’s Trent and Fabinho in the last couple of days.

Maybe they didn’t get the memo. Throwing their careers away playing for a bunch of mingebags.

Or maybe they know something we don’t...

Two of the best players on the planet, thats very good news. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Fabinho just signed new deal. So that’s Trent and Fabinho in the last couple of days.

Maybe they didn’t get the memo. Throwing their careers away playing for a bunch of mingebags.

Or maybe they know something we don’t...

At least we’re doing something, I thought we’d just given up!