You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

The squads got weaker since we won the CL.

Do you reckon?

We've had coming in:

Adrian

Minamino

Tsimikas

Konate

Jota

Thiago

Out:

Mignolet

Moreno

Lovren

Ings 

Lallana

Wijnaldum

I've probably forgotten a couple there.  Then obviously Curtis has made the step up from the youth team.

Probably even stevens for me, especially as Danny Ings was basically injured for all his time here.  Should just have kept him instead of Origi with hindsight.

1 hour ago, Mark M said:

His agent is really to blame on that for me. The amount of money they take from players - how he’s advised his client that it was a good idea to sign for 6 years with a gentleman’s agreement for a get out clause is mad. 

Just discovered that Kane's agent is his brother, which explains a lot!

• Upvote 1

This myth that Levy is some master negotiater always makes me laugh. It'll be perpetuated all summer. Then Kane will leave with a week of the window to go, leaving spurs no time to get the players they want so they have to overpay for a load of absolute shit on deadline day. 

Guest Alex_K

Levy is an absolute mug. He's been bent over and embarrassed for years on years now. Massive over-spend on stadium; woeful yield from a generationally-talented squad by Spurs standard (no trophies); Kane leaving will be the latest and likely greatest setback. Ironically I do rate Nuno and, like Rafa of yester-year, wouldn't be surprised if he got a decent song out of them. The fall they've had over the past 3 seasons though has been calamitous. Look at the kind of talent they've lost at minimal income with no adequate replacements (Alderweireld; Vertonghen; Moussa Dembele; Eriksson etc.): a squad absolutely going nowhere. Pochettino was the most successful manager they've had in living memory (weird as it sounds with 0 trophies) - they dropped him by the wayside to bring in Mourinho with all that entails.

Spurs are buying up players before Kane leaves, likely with the money they’ll get when he does leave.

There have been 3 mentioned in the last few days and it looks as though Coady may go there as well.

It’ll likely work out they’ll  have one leave, and four come in for the same money or just a bit more with the one leaving for big money a known fitness risk.

Good business?

What are we doing, apart from watching from the sidelines, and buying (in this case Konate) someone who should have been here last summer when Lovren went?

3 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Spurs are buying up players before Kane leaves, likely with the money they’ll get when he does leave.

There have been 3 mentioned in the last few days and it looks as though Coady may go there as well.

It’ll likely work out they’ll  have one leave, and four come in for the same money or just a bit more with the one leaving for big money a known fitness risk.

Good business?

What are we doing, apart from watching from the sidelines, and buying (in this case Konate) someone who should have been here last summer when Lovren went?

Didn't Spurs do the same when they got Bale? And Coady is gonna help them achieve things they haven't so far?

Who have Chelsea or City bought yet, anyway? 

5 hours ago, sh#t waffle said:

This myth that Levy is some master negotiater always makes me laugh. It'll be perpetuated all summer. Then Kane will leave with a week of the window to go, leaving spurs no time to get the players they want so they have to overpay for a load of absolute shit on deadline day. 

It’s not about him being a master negotiator. It’s about him being a complete stubborn  twat.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Just discovered that Kane's agent is his brother, which explains a lot!

Ha. Didn’t realise that. In that case it’s 100% on Kane so. 
It would be great if Levy priced him out of a move 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

It’s not about him being a master negotiator. It’s about him being a complete stubborn  twat.

But must spurs fans would say that for all his posturing, the end result is usually that he caves anyway, but too late in the window to make it work in the club's benefit.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Looks like Chelsea are going balls in on Lukaku. Just had an 85 million bid turned down. I'd much rather they got him than Haaland. 

I'd much rather they signed neither.

Either of them will make Chelsea a proper title challenger.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Looks like Chelsea are going balls in on Lukaku. Just had an 85 million bid turned down. I'd much rather they got him than Haaland. 

Chelsea and city are the main reasons that the "there will be better value next summer" leaks from the club, never make sense.

Chelsea will be going all in on Haaland for £150m, so good luck negotiating fees in that climate. We benefitted from a crazy Neymar fee to maximise Coutinho, so the club know full well they're talking bollocks.

• Upvote 1