You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

We aren't buying anyone of any consequence. These transfer threads for the last few windows have been nothing but pie in the sky. We're busy promoting and singing the praises of an 18 year old who played championship football last season. FSG are just banking serious wedge and not only is the club self-sustaining, we're sustaining the shareholder lifestyles. It's just been the same old, leak lots of fancy names and then sign a 17 year old from Torquay or something. 

I think it'll be the grandson of Manuel from Flowery Twats then.

On 31/07/2021 at 14:37, El Dangerous said:

Bowen has been training all week but isn’t in the West Ham squad for their game today. More importantly I just saw two fake Paul Joyce profiles commenting on it on Twitter. 

On 31/07/2021 at 15:24, El Dangerous said:

It’s 

It’s a minor injury. I assume the fake Paul Joyce accounts are major brain injuries.

Imagine your life being so pathetic and empty you set up a fake Paul Joyce account, just imagine how emotionally crippled and brain dead you’d have to be to even consider it a worthwhile or funny way to spend your one life.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Imagine your life being so pathetic and empty you set up a fake Paul Joyce account, just imagine how emotionally crippled and brain dead you’d have to be to even consider it a worthwhile or funny way to spend your one life.

So you’re one of them! I just assumed they were both Code.

26 minutes ago, Brownie said:

We are an absolute fucking joke. Rivals all clearly strengthening and we’re weaker right now than we were last season, with 2 weeks to go until the season starts.

WHY NOT JUST ADMIT YOU WANT US TO BE OWNED BY VLADIMIR PUTIN?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Brownie said:

We are an absolute fucking joke. Rivals all clearly strengthening and we’re weaker right now than we were last season, with 2 weeks to go until the season starts.

Have to admit, I’m getting to get a bit frustrated. At least last summer we knew we wanted Thiago and had stories from Germany keeping us updated. 

There is currently nothing about us.

I know we’re constantly being told we have to await sales first but there is no news on Shaq, Minamino or Origi departing either. 

It is disheartening when you see Citeh about to blow £260m on two players. 

We have 4 weeks to go. I’m not concerned about the opening fixtures, I think we have enough to win all 3, but we certainly need to strengthen before the end of the window  for when the fixtures come thick and fast. 

I do think we’re all forgetting how good we are when everybody is available though. 97 & 99 points and then best side in the league for 2/3ds of last season (points wise). I have faith we’ll be good again and challenging but at the moment, I’m not sure it’ll be enough for 1st. 

For me the worry is seemingly being ready to once again rely on likes of Keita....

We have lost our most reliable and durable midfielder, a player who was an ever present and i just can't see how trusting Keita or Oxlade is a good idea....add to that that Hendo is ageing and seems to be getting more injury prone, Milners age, Fabinho will probably miss a good 8-10 league games minimum based on his record so far with us and Thiago has a pretty patchy record when it comes to staying fit throughout his career....

The middle of the park worries me.

Yes there is Jones and maybe Elliott, but its a big ask for both potentially - i suppose we may be about to find out if they are up to it.

Personally i'd like to see someone brought in to midfield and us not risk giving Keita another chance and relying on him only for him to let us down yet again by not being there when we need him......As for Oxlade, I just don't think he ever was or will be good enough and of course he is hardly the most durable.

Kane is a wanker and I do not think City will be in for him.

Grealish will have alot to prove - having everything run through him at Villa and the team set up to cover for him is not going to happen at City.

If he plays in the front three they give up alot of pace on that wing. Playing next to DeBruyne, their midfield looks a little lacking defensively. Also not sure Gundogan can replicate his form - was a career year for him.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Kane is a wanker and I do not think City will be in for him.

Grealish will have alot to prove - having everything run through him at Villa and the team set up to cover for him is not going to happen at City.

If he plays in the front three they give up alot of pace on that wing. Playing next to DeBruyne, their midfield looks a little lacking defensively. Also not sure Gundogan can replicate his form - was a career year for him.

It'll be great for breaking up the play though. Fernandinho breaking up counter attacks in his own particular style, and Grealish 'winning' countless free kicks when they're under pressure or out of position.

55 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Haha!