You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

26 minutes ago, m0e said:

Yeah. Let's ignore the trophies and the squad we've actually built, with some of the best players in the world in their positions, and pretend Moores would have been better.

We’re yet to win a transfer window though, that’s what really counts. 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Origi is a joke, he would be out the door first for me.

Agreed but the club did give him a 5 year deal after Madrid.

If he’s happy to ride it out, unfortunately, that’s his prerogative. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was listening to some podcast yesterday and this 17 foreign players in the squad thing was brought up. 

We currently have 17, so we need to sell one before we can bring another in. 

Makes sense to sell first otherwise we are either stuck paying a player who won’t play or we reduce their fee because other clubs know they won’t have a place in the squad. 

Shaq is an obvious candidate to leave. Origi doesn’t seem arsed to move on. Which would leave Minamino as an obvious choice to also move on. 

Makes sense, on one hand.

Also makes sense to buy in the 17th and force the hand of Shaq, Origi, Minamino.

"If you don't fuck off, you're definitely not getting any games."

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if the Boston Globe regularly do articles saying that they can get players in the draft or whatever they fucking do to save FSG millions?

The Echo are starting to balance things out a little...

Liverpool set to miss out on multi-million payout because of City Football Group

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-miss-out-multi-21157581

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder if the Boston Globe regularly do articles saying that they can get players in the draft or whatever they fucking do to save FSG millions?

Henry owns the Boston Globe and Linda is Managing Editor (I think). So yeah, pretty favourable coverage I would have thought.

4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Henry owns the Boston Globe and Linda is Managing Editor (I think). So yeah, pretty favourable coverage I would have thought.

And they’re still less partisan than the payroll journalists shilling for them over here.

AM I RIGHT?

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was listening to some podcast yesterday and this 17 foreign players in the squad thing was brought up. 

We currently have 17, so we need to sell one before we can bring another in. 

Makes sense to sell first otherwise we are either stuck paying a player who won’t play or we reduce their fee because other clubs know they won’t have a place in the squad. 

Shaq is an obvious candidate to leave. Origi doesn’t seem arsed to move on. Which would leave Minamino as an obvious choice to also move on. 

The stupid tight fucks should never have given a contract to Adrian then

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, m0e said:

The Echo are starting to balance things out a little...

Liverpool set to miss out on multi-million payout because of City Football Group

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-set-miss-out-multi-21157581

Doubt anyone in England was ever interested in him. We tried to palm him off to Norwich to get that Jamal Lewis last year but even they weren't fussed on him. Probably was only worth about £1m anyway and that French club had to pay us a £250,000 "development fee" even though his contract had ran out.