You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Overpaying for the right player is rarely a bad strategy. Once success follows, no one tends to remember the price tag.

Almost guaranteed success there even if he was shit. Worth nowhere near that.

Keita a lot of us thought was the right player for a lot of money. You never know.

That said those cheating cunts will buy whoever and scare off anyone who challenges even uber corrupt UEFA.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Not Liverpool but my cousins lad Paul Mullin who was top scorer at Cambridge and in their division last season has signed for Wrexham. He was persuade by a phone call from Ronald Mac McDonald and after a Ocular Pat Down, Mac was happy.

Must be making some bank to move down a couple of divisions after the best season of his career. Free transfer too.

42 minutes ago, Red74 said:

His sons got a decent job at city. The fat cunts compromised mow

Yeah Ive heard that before as well. Just another corrupt cunt. But I dont get how he thinks it's a great idea that football just becomes a sport where those with the deepest pockets wins.

chelsea and city fans love to say we just outspent everyone else during the 70's and 80s so bought our success. Despite it being patently untrue, many clubs outspent us in the period. I dont think we broke the British transfer record until we bought Collymore for £8.5m. Our 'extra' money came from 20 odd continuous years of European football and a run to a domestic final every so often. (But we all know this, I know!)

Klopp has proven he doesn't need to outspend our rivals to be successful (Which is impossible anyway) but what's been happening for the last few windows is utter negligence and will cost us sustainable success.

I'm not anti or pro FSG, I'm somewhere in the middle but they need to pull their finger out whilst we have Klopp here because as soon as he goes, we won't be winning anything with the current model in place.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah Ive heard that before as well. Just another corrupt cunt. But I dont get how he thinks it's a great idea that football just becomes a sport where those with the deepest pockets wins.

chelsea and city fans love to say we just outspent everyone else during the 70's and 80s so bought our success. Despite it being patently untrue, many clubs outspent us in the period. I dont think we broke the British transfer record until we bought Collymore for £8.5m. Our 'extra' money came from 20 odd continuous years of European football and a run to a domestic final every so often. (But we all know this, I know!)

Dalglish was a British transfer record at £440,000, but that was with the Keegan money.

4 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Dalglish was a British transfer record at £440,000, but that was with the Keegan money.

Not a bad summer that Keegan,Lindsay others out for 600k

Kenny,Souness,Hansen in for 900k

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree. But the fact they are trying to make it happen plus £120m+ for Kane and maybe even a couple of £50m squad players in the same window isnt a laughing matter. And chelsea are looking to do something similar after fwank spunked £200m up the wall only 12 months ago.

Football's fucked. Only fat slob like cunts like martin samuel thinks it's great it's all going this way. When football has become like Formula 1, these same cunts will be saying where have all the fans gone and what can we do to get them back in the grounds.

I love football and watched us win through the great times and lean times. Being uncompetitive wasnt good and you go because of the love for your team and belief they'll find a winning formula.

But now, football's about the deepest of the deepest pockets. What the fuck does it matter us signing headline players in the £40m - £70m bracket when city and chelsea are spending £100m+ on individual players and 2 at a time at that?

It's like the 1990s all over again when we were buying £5m - £10m players when chelsea and united were paying £20m+.

Footy was done when it sold its soul to Sky as you know mate. Only a corrupt UEFA and a cowardly PL can stop it. They can’t/won’t.

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Footy was done when it sold its soul to Sky as you know mate. Only a corrupt UEFA and a cowardly PL can stop it. They can’t/won’t.

This is why the Euro Super League was so important in the step towards capping clubs like city. PSG, chelsea and yes, even Real. But loads of fans including SOS went on about 'taking back the game.' Yeah that's working well, isnt it?

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

This is why the Euro Super League was so important in the step towards capping clubs like city. PSG, chelsea and yes, even Real. But loads of fans including SOS went on about 'taking back the game.' Yeah that's working well, isnt it?

I know mate. The mistake was a closed shop.

• Upvote 3

For all its flaws, that European Super League appeared to acknowledge the problem of FFP not being enforced. There’ll be absolutely nothing done on it now. While they’re far from flawless, a fair bit of the criticism FSG receive seems to stem from other clubs openly flouting spending rules. 

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Great minds - just posted similar. 

• Upvote 1