You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

We will sign someone. Its early days.

Although klopp said he likes to get players in early I think the ones we do actually sign early are the players he is adamant we need. The later ones are we need them but will cope with out. I say this but i actually can't remember when we've signed any player other than Jota and Thiago being late oh and Fabinho being bang right after the champions league 

I think City and Chelsea will go fairly big this window. It's the perfect opportunity to splurge whilst Barcelona and Real Madrid can't really compete, financially. 

If City get Kane and Grealish then it again makes a mockery of the Premier League is the best, most competitive league in the world bollocks when one team can just buy the league season after season, with the odd exception. 

49 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City a side who can regularly hit 90 plus points adding Grealish and Kane is just grim. People keep saying Kane won't suit them I just think his positional sense is so good those balls they cut back from the byline will be like pudding for him. Regardless of what happens City, Chelsea and United I think will be stronger than they have been for years, well City more of the same money cheat football.

Kane had the highest number of assists in the PL last season. In addition to being top scorer. He was also involved in a high number of other goals where he didnt get the goal or assist. He’s changed as a player and is now a brilliant creator as well as finisher.

Read somewhere that he was also was very high on clearances, and I’ve notes that he’s brilliant at defending set pieces.

He’ll improve City no doubt, main question mark is his ability to stay fit.

On 29/07/2021 at 09:29, Doctor Troy said:

Surely neiljonesgoal realises as much as we'd like to go big next summer, it will be impossible to get players to commit to the club when klopp only has 2 years left. By then we'll need to keep our powder dry to ensure we have a war chest for the new manager. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Wasn't Pep pleading poverty a few weeks ago? Anyway. looks like T-Rex's days are numbered.

What's gone on with sterling there? He seemed to be head boy till about 6 months ago, then they seem to have properly fallen out, he's certainly fallen out of favour. I'd have him back here, although I doubt we could afford him. 

25 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Kane had the highest number of assists in the PL last season. In addition to being top scorer. He was also involved in a high number of other goals where he didnt get the goal or assist. He’s changed as a player and is now a brilliant creator as well as finisher.

Read somewhere that he was also was very high on clearances, and I’ve notes that he’s brilliant at defending set pieces.

He’ll improve City no doubt, main question mark is his ability to stay fit.

His fitness (or lack of) is our only hope I think. 

I hope we don’t buy a midfielder to replace Gini. I’d like Curtis and Elliot to share the minutes there. 

Id like us to bring in a couple of young fast wingers / attacker who we can bring on as a threat from the bench or contribute from the start when the 2 lads are off to the afcon. The championship seems to have produced a few decent players the last few years. Like to see us find a couple of diamonds there. 

Hopefully we’re in the mix for landing Haaland next summer. Reckon he suits us a lot more than Mbappe would. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

How so? There's never been the slightest doubt in anyone's mind that it was all going to be funded by the Grealish sale.

Could they not just be spending some of the c£120m broadcasting money clubs get each year?

• Downvote 1

Think grealish suits them the way they play. If they get big dough in for Sterling or mahrez then he doesn’t look as expensive then.

Better value than £160m for Harry Kane though. He looks like he’s got the mobility of Ricky Lambert now and with his glass ankles could derail them with an early injury. 

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Grealish to city for a 100m seems absolutely hilarious to me. What have I missed? Fella’s been a championship player for bulk of his career.

I didn't get the hype around him initially, but he has gone up a level or two in the last 18 months to 2 years. 

He's not a 100 million pound player, I'd say he'd be in the 60/70 million pound level.

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Grealish to city for a 100m seems absolutely hilarious to me. What have I missed? Fella’s been a championship player for bulk of his career.

Maybe you missed large portions of last season where he was among, if not the best player in the league?

Sad as it is to say, if City get Grealish and Kane, they might not be our business next season. Barring some sort of disaster with finishing luck or injuries like we had last season, they could well be the best assembly of talent the league has ever seen. We might be competing with Chelsea and United for 2nd.

We could still be very good, get 85-90 points and conceivably finish 10 points back. I think we have a better chance of winning the Champions League next season than the league.

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I didn't get the hype around him initially, but he has gone up a level or two in the last 18 months to 2 years. 

He's not a 100 million pound player, I'd say he'd be in the 60/70 million pound level.

Was watching one of those season reviews the other day and didn’t realise how much he tore us to shreds in that 7-2. Gonna need him dealt with when we play them again

1 minute ago, andyj said:

if city wanted to offload Sterling for a reasonable price i think he would be a useful addition 

Although I’d be against it I reckon we’re the only club who could give him the fire in the belly to get back to the top. Going to Arsenal or Spurs isn’t gonna get him motivated for long and he doesn’t seem suited for the Spanish top 3.