You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

4. He’s PL proven

He isn't premier league proven at all. Proven means you have shown you are good enough. Nothing we have seen of him shown him as anything but a middle of the road striker, he is 25 by the end of the year so not some young kid on his way up. 

58 games

9 goals

9 assists

Big chances missed 10

Big Chances Created 15

He is a winger with nearly 4 times as many defensive blocked a shots as goals

Premier league proven for us would mean you have shown you are good enough to make the step up, nothing about him has shown that. A hard working mid table winger, who only got shoved out to the wing because he wasn't cutting it up top

I have seen people trying to push Mane wasn't a star before we bought him, Mane had 22 goals and 11 assists in 67 games at Southampton. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Poor man city likely to pay not far off 100m for Grealish and a similar amount for Kane it seems.

Surely not!

But pep said they didn’t have the money, and I can’t believe he would say such a thing were it not true!!

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He isn't premier league proven at all. Proven means you have shown you are good enough. Nothing we have seen of him shown him as anything but a middle of the road striker, he is 25 by the end of the year so not some young kid on his way up. 

58 games

9 goals

9 assists

Big chances missed 10

Big Chances Created 15

He is a winger with nearly 4 times as many defensive blocked a shots as goals

Premier league proven for us would mean you have shown you are good enough to make the step up, nothing about him has shown that. A hard working mid table winger, who only got shoved out to the wing because he wasn't cutting it up top

I have seen people trying to push Mane wasn't a star before we bought him, Mane had 22 goals and 11 assists in 67 games at Southampton. 

I see PL proven as someone who has proven his suitability to the league. We have seen time and again very good players like Morientes, Veron, Di Maria, Falcao, Crespo never settled because they weren’t suited to the demands of the PL, in particular the pace and the physicality. We know that Bowen is not at the level of the aforementioned players, but from what we’ve seen from last season, the demands of the league don’t faze him.

I’m always a supporter of letting talents move to smaller clubs to prove themselves,  and only then we snap them up and pay the premium. Like we did with Mane, Gini, Virge for example.

19 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I see PL proven as someone who has proven his suitability to the league. We have seen time and again very good players like Morientes, Veron, Di Maria, Falcao, Crespo never settled because they weren’t suited to the demands of the PL, in particular the pace and the physicality. We know that Bowen is not at the level of the aforementioned players, but from what we’ve seen from last season, the demands of the league don’t faze him.

I’m always a supporter of letting talents move to smaller clubs to prove themselves,  and only then we snap them up and pay the premium. Like we did with Mane, Gini, Virge for example.

35/40ml for a lad that cant get double figures in a full season is nuts though. I could understand paying that for a 18-21 year old but this lad will be 25 soon so isn't a kid learning his trade. 

Just now, Lee909 said:

35/40ml for a lad that cant get double figures in a full season is nuts though. I could understand paying that for a 18-21 year old but this lad will be 25 soon so isn't a kid learning his trade. 

I watched a handful of West Ham games last season, and Antonio, Lingard and him always looked the likeliest. That compilation is a bit underwhelming though. If that’s 9 mins of his best plays from last season then yeah, Salah wouldn’t be losing any sleep over him taking his place. 

City a side who can regularly hit 90 plus points adding Grealish and Kane is just grim. People keep saying Kane won't suit them I just think his positional sense is so good those balls they cut back from the byline will be like pudding for him. Regardless of what happens City, Chelsea and United I think will be stronger than they have been for years, well City more of the same money cheat football.

I’m feeling fairly confident for the season ahead. As I’m generally massively pessimistic, this is a peculiar state of affairs.

A couple of quality signings would be nice but, even without, I see no reason why we can’t be competitive.

Of course we’ll need better luck with injuries, but I think the squad we have now is capable of challenging. Add in the Klopp factor and the benefit a full Anfield can provide and I’m hopeful we can gather some cups in May. 

Let’s not concern ourselves with whatever those Manchester no marks or anyone else might do. We still have enough to put them all back in their boxes.  

• Upvote 2