You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'm not sure about the noise around Saúl Ñiguez - that Ñ at the start of his name is tricky to wrap your gob around. 

Not to mention the first name being pronounced something like Sa-oooooull

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Breaking news.

Just spoke to a Red supporting jock in the local supermarket.

He told me we've just signed a player for 39 million and are signing another player for 90 million later today who Chelski can't afford.

He didn't know their names.

Just breaking good news.

McItk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we can't trust the word of a random Scotsman in a supermarket, then who can we trust?

The transfer grim reaper James Pearce will probably shoot that one down later....

Contrary to claims by a random Scotsman in a supermarket, the Athletic understands that Liverpool won't be signing players for £39m and £90m respectively and there are currently no plans to sign anybody.

• Upvote 3

I see those shit slingers Graeme Kelly & Griz Khan are saying there is some truth in the rumours we want Chiesa.

I categorically don't see this coming off. Unfortunately. 

If you ignore the reported fee (c.€100m), he's on a 2 year loan with an obligation to buy from Fiorentina to Juventus, so fuck knows how we'd get round that.

Just now, Scott_M said:

I see those shit slingers Graeme Kelly & Griz Khan are saying there is some truth in the rumours we want Chiesa.

If you ignore the reported fee (c.€100m), he's on a 2 year loan with an obligation to buy from Fiorentina to Juventus, so fuck knows how we'd get round that.

6E7DD867-6A51-48A6-BC29-F12E027AAA4D.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You’d have to convince Juventus to sell Fiorentina’s player who is obligated to sign for Juventus at the end of the season. Fiorentina wouldn’t want to let Juve have him now for whatever they’ve agreed for them to make a massive instant profit and Juve wouldn’t reneg on their obligation, release him early and lose a great player and massive profit. Then you’d have to convince the player that the biggest team in Italy isn’t the place for him.

Just now, El Dangerous said:

You’d have to convince Juventus to sell Fiorentina’s player who is obligated to sign for Juventus at the end of the season. Fiorentina wouldn’t want to let Juve have him now for whatever they’ve agreed for them to make a massive instant profit and Juve wouldn’t reneg on their obligation, release him early and lose a great player and massive profit. Then you’d have to convince the player that the biggest team in Italy isn’t the place for him.

But apart from that....?

I've no idea. I assume our best hope would be Fiorentina finding a way to cancel the loan?

• Upvote 1

It looks like Juventus are obligated to pay somewhere between €40-€50m with another €10m in bonuses. 

Hopefully Fiorentina have a clause which says if they are offered more, they can cancel it.

Fiorentina hate Juventus. I'd bet they'd love to shaft them.

Still, not worth getting excited over as I have zero expectations this will happen.

Should we not wait until the end of August before drawing conclusions that it is a shit window. No problem with us playing the poor mouth if it means clubs don't think we have loads of cash and no problem clearing the deadwood if it brings in a lad like Bellingham or Gravenberch at the end of the window. I don't like FSG but they aren't daft. We are a cash cow for them, so it makes no sense them running us into the ground for 2-3 years because even Jurgen can't keep turning water into wine. It also makes sense to let some of the lads we might bring in have a few years under Jurgen before he goes in 2024. It does feel we have a team at their peak, but probably in 12 months, they will be on the decline because a lot of them are approaching 30 and injuries will kick in more. Fresh players will help in that regard and might give them longetivity. I can't help but feel that injuries are the one thing that will derail a title bid this season, even if it is unlikely to be even close to what last season was.

A bit of a classic United window. A brilliant defender with a few injury problems on gigantic money and a terrific talent who is still some way short of being world class. Not knocking it because it strengthens them, but there doesn't seem to be a natural hierarcy there, more a "he looks good buy him" policy with a lot of fellas on incredible money. A bad start and they could unravel. Ole isn't an alpha male type who can control so many big egos. He's a league 1 manager.

I would expect 3 first team quality players to come in. Right now, we have signed one and we have lost one in Gini. Two more to come in and I'd be delighted. A bit concerned we are probably letting Shaq go as he is a very good player and is a game changer which is something we don't really have outside our best 13 or 14 players. It's a brilliant 13/14 player squad with a few lads of real promise like Jones, Elliot and Kelleher who look good enough for this level, but who will make mistakes and have their bad days. Jones I suppose is ahead of the curve there and should get a lot of minutes next season. No point relying on Ox or Keita. I'll say it again if we get twenty games out of Matip, we can win the league. 

As I said, I would give it a few weeks before ripping into FSG and I'm no defender of them. A lot is said about recent windows, but the one last summer was very good on paper - Thiago (a superstar at Bayern), Jota (exciting pl player) and Tsimikas (cover with good experience). The previous window we took a punt on Minamino which may yet come off, but at least should cover our outlay. This summer we signed Konate who seems to be a great talent. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Plus he said yesterday that he wants to stay at Juventus.